FL Studio 12.9 Beta 3

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome to FL Studio 12.9.2 BETA 3 (for Windows and macOS here). We are excited to continue rolling out the features for the next major release of FL Studio, including those listed below:

WINDOWS INSTALLER

Download Windows Installer Here [build 269] 680 MB (713,668,416 bytes) - Last updated 13/Feb/2018 Expires March 22

MAC INSTALLER

Download macOS Installer Here [build 107] 612 MB (642,471,823 bytes) - Last updated 13/Feb/2018 Expires March 22

What's New in 12.9.2 Beta 3?
  • Audio Unit (AU) plugins - AU plugins are now supported on macOS. AU plugins will scan, along with VST plugins, using the Plugin Manager.
  • Graph Editor - The classic feature is back! Edit note velocity, pitch, pan etc, right from the Channel Rack.
  • General settings - 'Hide plugin toolbars by default' is now on by default.
  • Fruity Reeverb 2 - The same phase is now used for left and right signals for improved sound. Modulation depth and speed maximum has been increased.
  • Reset mixer tracks - Right-click option for selected Mixer tracks 'Reset selected track(s) to default'.
  • Piano roll - The root note is more visible with keyboard 'scale highlighting' set.
  • Hide grouped tracks - New option 'Playlist Menu > View > Hide collapsed grouped tracks'. When used a small arrow on the right-side of the Track header can be used to show or hide the group.
  • Playlist preview - 'Playlist Menu > View > Mini playlist preview' is selected by default.
  • Playlist Right-click header-menu - Right-click options to 'Mute all clips' and 'Unmute all clips', to make undo of consolidated tracks faster.
  • Fruity Convolver - Added a PDC control, just above the Editor window, to set an impulse's latency so PDC is correctly applied. Related, there are two new Linear Phase EQ presets, 'Linear phase EQ (Long compensated) and (Short compensated)' that make use of this feature.
  • VFX Level Scaler - Scale Note Properties as received from the Piano roll. The graph shows input-output mapping for Note - Velocity, Release, Pitch (fine), Pan, Mod X and Mod Y values.
  • Audio recording - Multiple takes are grouped when recording.
  • Browser - The Drag-and-drop location of samples previews when dragging from the Browser to the Playlist.
  • In-App Purchases - When saving using projects with demo plugins or FL Studio upgrade features, its now possible to buy plugins & upgrades from within FL Studio.
  • Installation - Option to unlock with a downloaded regcode file in the 'Help > About' window
  • Render dialog - New options to 'Save loop' and 'Playlist markers'. Renamed 'Save Acidized' to 'Save tempo information'. Renamed 'Save slice markers' to 'Save note markers'.
  • Updated plugins (bug fixes) - BassDrum, Drumaxx, Drumpad, Effector, GMS, Hardcore, MiniSynth, Morphine, PoiZone, Sakura, Sawer and Toxic Biohazard.
  • User data changes - Projects and Backup folders are now saved to a 'FL Studio' subfolder in the system shared data folders. Win: '..\Documents\Image-Line\Data\FL Studio' folder. macOS:. An 'Old projects' points to the legacy location. We recommend moving your projects to the new location.
  • ZGameEditor Visualizer - Increased responsiveness to 'Linear' peak effect. Color button on HTML tab to paste color into test. HTML text position and size can now be specified in decimals. Copy/paste layer to and from clipboard.
Previously

See what was new in Beta 2 and Beta 1.

Complete What's New inc Bugfixes

Download .rtf here
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Great job! Imagine line. But I can't see correlative info from the release note about the beta3 teaser video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY66Vl5088s

id4kvr wrote:Great job! Imagine line. But I can't see correlative info from the release note about the beta3 teaser video below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY66Vl5088s
Has been postponed so we can get users to focus on testing some of the other features.

We want to get track linking right because once we release it there is no way we can change workflows without causing riots ;)

Hang around Looptalk and you can get it as soon as we release it to Beta.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Great update! Especially I liked this one: "Graph Editor - The classic feature is back! Edit note velocity, pitch, pan etc, right from the Channel Rack. " Those are great tools :)

A little mini-golf and some loot boxes please! ;)

Still can't get to your forum...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:Still can't get to your forum...
We just cleared your cache.

Can you confirm you are

1. Logging into your account.

2. Then trying this link. https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 5&t=177123

camsr wrote:A little mini-golf and some loot boxes please! ;)
We are way ahead of you ...

:)

In reality it means from this to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tmpmt-pGls

You guys are certainly busy these days!

Image-Line wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:Still can't get to your forum...
We just cleared your cache.

Can you confirm you are

1. Logging into your account.

2. Then trying this link. https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 5&t=177123
YES! YES, FINALLY!

Thank you!

What on Earth was causing the problem?

So...
[looks around on the post and sees:] "The BETA will expire, 15th Feb 2018."
[looks at date on menu bar]
Hmmm....

Edit: Ah, i see the other line with the more relevant expiry date.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Hey image line, quick question.
has DX plugin capability been totally removed from FL now, or is it just something particular to my setup?

Awesome! Very excited at the return of the graph editor.
Black Octopus Sound | Samples & Presets | VST Plugins & Software (Diva, Harmor, Spire, FL Studio, IK Multimedia & more)

Image-Line wrote:
camsr wrote:A little mini-golf and some loot boxes please! ;)
We are way ahead of you ...

:)
:lol: nice hahahaha
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Always great to still get free updates after all these years.

It would be great if the standard AU path would already be set up in the plugin manager. I also noticed it does not list all AU plugins I've installed. They even don't show up as error. Is there a cache FL Studio uses I need to reset?
What really annoys me is I can't deselect the VST3 plugin path. This was an issues I already reported with one of the latest beta versions. Please fix it.

Automation doesn't seems to work with AU. I tested it with the AUDelay and automated the dry/wet as well as the cutoff control but nothing happens. Neither soundwise nor in the plugins ui.

Besides that it seems to be a stable version and a pretty update :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”