Oldest plugins you still actually use

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Waves Doubler is a star: good workflow for a workhorse effect, and still no real competitors. I can't find the release date but there are forum posts about it from 2007.

Touch The Universe wrote:I used vb-1 and quadrafuzz the other day in a track. Got amazing results. Not sure why I stopped using them.
forgot about quadrafuzz, i use it regularly, it's one of the main reasons i keep the 32bit cubase 8.5 installed
i'm not a fan of quadrafuzz 2

Brother Charles wrote:Guys! What about NastyDLA and all the other fabulous VOS collection?
I still enjoy NI B4-II.
I use Variety Of Sound stuff daily.

C1 (in gate mode) on every project;
Q10 now and again. Not so much since Cubase 7 (introduction of the new mixer).

Waves RenEq and RenVox
(Ren Maxx was my first purchased effect bundle, and most of the plugins included, have kept time pretty well.)

lolilol1975 wrote:
Brother Charles wrote:Guys! What about NastyDLA and all the other fabulous VOS collection?
I still enjoy NI B4-II.
I use Variety Of Sound stuff daily.
Me too. Wish he'd come back to develop new plugins.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:
Vortifex wrote:
asb2m10 wrote:SQ8L; to me this is an absolute gem. So sad that the code went to be abyss afterwards: either sell it or open-source it.

My wet dream would be uh-e or TAL working on the original code base for an 2018 implementation. It sounds like nothing else in the plugin market.
Yeah, same here. I wish someone would take it on and sort the GUI out so I could understand how to program the damn thing.
Same. It's a pita to program that one. :?
The only thing that needs updated is the filter which is already pretty good but could be improved.

Rest of the plug is 1:1 with real HW and should remain imo. 64 bits would be great. I still can't figure out why anyone wouldn't release this open source or delegate dev.. odd stuff indeed.

:oops:
Most of my VSTi's are old... we grow old UN_Gracefully together...
Synapapse Audio Jungalist and Plucked string (circa 2002)
Spicy Guitar... Revitar.
LinPlug's free Alpha and Oatmeal and OFC Crystal (but he keeps it fairly updated )
CakeW_Project 5's Pysyn and the Original Dimension both DXis and the original Rapture as well as Z3ta_1.5
AnaMark
FireBird... and if I am lucky a FatBird, sometimes>>> :lol:
CMPlay
Shortcircuit
ok.. ok enough of this... I did get some new stuff though...
Synthmaster (5 years ago but updated..) Thorn, Fathom and Iris2 cos they virtually gave it away in the new year
and SQ8L but that is 2006/8 so still quiet young in my collection.. I'll age it well though.
So I am all modern now... :o

yul wrote:I still can't figure out why anyone wouldn't release this open source or delegate dev.. odd stuff indeed.
On the KVR product page for SQ8L, there is speculation that the developer, Siegfried Kullmann, died in 2014, though the obit that they link to is pretty generic, so it's unclear whether it's really the same person.

Triangle II
Rapture
RMV (Wizoo Platinum drum set)
Crystal
Synth 1

And of course...

Delay Lama
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

mumpcake wrote:Triangle II
Rapture
RMV (Wizoo Platinum drum set)
Crystal
Synth 1

And of course...

Delay Lama
8) Which was the latest production, where you used the Delay Lama?

I use Delay Lama like Daft Punk uses vocoders.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

I don't think I've made a single track in the past dozen years without ArcDev ET-200.

Also Audio Damage Fuzz Plus. That is in just about everything I've done since its release, and I can't see that changing.

Oh, actually, ePhonic drumatic 3, ErsDrums by Andreas Ersson, and this weird little thing that I made ages ago in SynthEdit called Bass Pilot. I keep buying new things, but seem to just use the old ones instead. Maybe I should stop buying new things....
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

toonertik wrote:...FireBird...
hell yeah. I just used that 2 days ago, and it was the only thing that would do.

And SQ8L as you mentioned, whenever I bust that out, it just fits perfectly.
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Spectrumworx 2. IIRC the original version was the first commercial plugin I bought. So 13 years if we go from the original, or a rather less impressive 7 years if we only count the Little Endian (RIP) era. I only upgraded in 2014 or so. Still used very regularly.

Return to “Instruments”