Innovations vs Classica

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I always wanted to be an inventor(of something)and i thought that this idea to update the sound packs constantly trying to improve how presets sit in the mix will be well accepted(it is actually but not from all)users but last week i change my mind - i realized that different people buy presets by different reasons and use it different way so i can't blame them if they don't understand conception or usefulness of the set for specific tasks and try to use it different way.Which leads us to the question how good are actually innovations and how long it will take to become classica - all developers of vst synth update their synth and nobody complain cuz next revision will bring something that users desire ,but with sound sets it is little bit different and for now i think it's better to froze the idea,not to mention the fact that u don't make but lose money this way and that was never commercial idea but how to make the set full and more useful.
Anyway for now continue with small packs made traditional way,will see what future will bring as new ideas and inovations which could become classica.Thanks :):):)

Quality over quantity, also for me at least, patches need to sit good in the mix otb, I have no use for sounds that are made to wow me in isolation, than you need to tweak them quite a lot to sit anywhere than in your face in the mix. I don't do EDM tho.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

i spend really huge amount of time to find best possible variation ,modulating already good presets,which work for the mix not against it trying to make it better to benefit the mix...producers never complaining when receive quality stuff actually they motivate me with feedback they send,but unfortunately sometimes (i really don't want them as users)weird people donate and then write blsht - whatsoever sound evolve constantly - last 20 years many things related to the modern sound was innovated and i really hope to make real innovation some day,may not be something huge but something small that matter,cuz music is love and love cross boundaries.Cheerz :)

Zexila wrote:Quality over quantity, also for me at least, patches need to sit good in the mix otb, I have no use for sounds that are made to wow me in isolation, than you need to tweak them quite a lot to sit anywhere than in your face in the mix. I don't do EDM tho.
Patches never sit well in the mix on their own, you need to, well, mix them on your own :hihi:

That being said, slamming hard compressor in every preset may be somewhat deceiving. I always disable those in first place, with many onboard FX as well and control the mix on my own.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

You would be surprised how well they sit when they are done by hand of someone who is top notch. Hollo's stuff comes to mind, his sound demos are showing that, mixing a track where there's majority of his sounds is breeze, tweak just a bit here'n'there.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

It's better to avoid direct definition of 'good' or 'bad' default sounds or external sound banks cuz in most cases different usage define how 'good' presets are,cuz some are really good after some fx other directly - no standards,nobody teach you,you can create your own type of sound based on your experience or copy somebody else,but accept that u need 2 years to start hear and create real designers stuff,unless u r some genius - like driving a car let say....
I've seen how newbies programm some free stuff - it's not sound design just effort to make some sounds,which sometimes are surprisingly 'good' in term of originality,but most of the stuff are just not right symmetrically and could be improved with few touches - there is some proportions or ratios that create real beauty as sound shape other produce ugly sound,so if you don't know basics and most importantly don't hear the difference well...you have opinion :)
My style is smooth,nice,mellow sounds - if you don't like such don't use it cuz its not 'good' for you.
Example : many of my basses use 28-29% release in ADSR section ...why is that,just random value,is it with purpose?
I spend countless days looking for best ,optimal values for fat,vital bass which is tight same time and after all comparisons made i found 28-29 as best ,if want it fatter increasing the value
but speaking of universal usage i offer these values based on my research and will be better in the mix if like same stuff like me,somebody else may think differently or to have different taste and definition of 'best' so do i have right to say that his work is crap,but mine is the best ...
so unless somebody statement is based on scientific research or data base its just opinion no better or worst than any other :):):)

Outcome speaks for itself, so step by step, day by day, so one day you could run marathon with the best.

Absolutely,i thought the same 5 years ago :):):)

We learn everyday, maybe pick up U He synth next if you are into mellow and different, some of the patches in them are work of art too, especially from Howard Scarr.

Return to “Soundware”