Behringer Neutron

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DivKid also has some recordings which his Patreon supporters have seen three of so far. I actually find them a little bit frustrating compared to his usual walkthroughs of gear, which he'll be doing with it soon. But they do add another angle to figuring out the puzzle.

The analog BBD whines a lot (that's what they do, when you don't filter them into darkness). I know they added a second chip after DivKid got his but don't know if they lowered its filter cutoff any. I suspect I will be patching my own feedback quite a lot.

I love what I've heard of the VCOs. Not sure about the filter, but again, it's something I would use differently from many of the examples I've heard. At that price point, even if I hate the filter it makes the rest of the synth worth getting.

idfpower wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:I'm seriusly suspicious about this. Beefy synth for a incredibly low price. Waiting for proper sound demos and reviews, so far Behringer didn't show off sounds - which might mean they are simply bad. :borg:
Are you serious? :dog:

https://soundcloud.com/jd73/new-behringer-neutron-jam
Squishy!

Though I'm waiting for hands-on demos, with all the features shown one by one.

For this ridiculous price I may even afford it :)
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

foosnark wrote:DivKid also has some recordings which his Patreon supporters have seen three of so far. I actually find them a little bit frustrating compared to his usual walkthroughs of gear, which he'll be doing with it soon. But they do add another angle to figuring out the puzzle.

The analog BBD whines a lot (that's what they do, when you don't filter them into darkness). I know they added a second chip after DivKid got his but don't know if they lowered its filter cutoff any. I suspect I will be patching my own feedback quite a lot.

I love what I've heard of the VCOs. Not sure about the filter, but again, it's something I would use differently from many of the examples I've heard. At that price point, even if I hate the filter it makes the rest of the synth worth getting.
Hopefully they'll take care of the whiney BBD. The BBD could be a really fun aspect of the synth.

Amazon: why not use an alternative

stikygum wrote:Hopefully they'll take care of the whiney BBD. The BBD could be a really fun aspect of the synth.
I was thinking about this. They doubled the number of stages, so to get the same delay time as the version DivKid has, the clock runs twice as fast. So it's more likely to be filtered away or just plain inaudible, particularly at the kind of short delay times used for chorus/flanging. It might still be audible with longer delay times though, unless they change the filter.

that's my kinda noises!
will have to have a play with one of these and if it can do that probably pick one or two up :)

Live (maybe still live?) unboxing video by Ken Flux Pierce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KsmPo9HW7k

So far seems like a solid build, haven't gotten to sounds yet.

Bigger than I imagined, thats alot of synth for the dosh
Amazon: why not use an alternative

definitely gonna do a DIY on the GUI
unless they do some black or white ones or something

are there any good clear audio examples of the envelopes yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqAhLFyT0nI

Finally some real analog synth sounds, which sound like they were actually useful for any context. Now I'm looking forward to buy Neutron - not because of any exceptional sound or character, but just now I know I could make some use of it.
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

it even has attenuators and multis included. basically stick Neutron and the ModelD in a modular case and you have a killer modular for 600$.
my dream would be Minibrute2 + Rackbrute 6u + Neutron + Model D. 1500+$ but would be one incredible setup.

olikana wrote:it even has attenuators and multis included. basically stick Neutron and the ModelD in a modular case and you have a killer modular for 600$.
my dream would be Minibrute2 + Rackbrute 6u + Neutron + Model D. 1500+$ but would be one incredible setup.
I think it's a logical next step for Behringer to start making modular cases too. Probably even modules. It's a good time to be a synth nerd ;)

mickbenjamins wrote:I think it's a logical next step for Behringer to start making modular cases too. Probably even modules. It's a good time to be a synth nerd ;)
I'm not sure whether individual Eurorack modules sell enough units to make sense for Behringer. I don't know what kind of sales they have for their pedals, or for the model D so far... but they have a factory that builds 50,000 mixers every month.

I can't find any hard numbers, but as of 2016 Make Noise had sold a bit over 5,000 units of Maths in 15 years. (Someone claims to have a serial number in the 8000s though, and they haven't been known to skip numbers.) That's the most popular Eurorack module out there.

Neutron IS an eurorack module as well, isn't it? 84 HP for 300 USD... that's less than some custom modules on the market. Many of those are hand-made, so the costs go up high.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”