Incredible new audio app from INA-GRM

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The GRM launched an incredibly powerful app to process and mangle audio files. It’s much more than a wave editor or a time/pitch shifter, actually. It’s a dedicated sound design environment.
Note that it can host VSTs and AUs too.
Last, but not least, it’s completely free! :o
You can find it here:
https://inagrm.com/en/showcase/news/372/grm-player

Thanks!
i'll give this a go tomorrow.
do you know if it needs online activation to use? or is it just good to go?

Merci beaucoup, WolfKay! I am grateful to you for sharing that news. GRM Player is an simple yet astoundingly powerful tool-- and so well designed that the Tutorial is clearer than the Documentation.
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

MacOS only so far, though they're working on a Windows version. Ah, well. Patience is a virtue...

Wax/MSP hehe
Amazon: why not use an alternative

GreyLion wrote:MacOS only so far, though they're working on a Windows version. Ah, well. Patience is a virtue...
oops, thanks for the info

I wonder why they haven't just open sourced this? I'd be happy to look how to do a Windows (and Linux) build. But I suppose if they explicitly mention that they have to "port" it to Windows means it was done with lots of Mac OS specific code to begin with. :( Which is weird considering the GRM Tools plugins have already been coded with JUCE, which is cross platform...Did they use something else for this? :dog:

Xenakios wrote:I wonder why they haven't just open sourced this? I'd be happy to look how to do a Windows (and Linux) build. But I suppose if they explicitly mention that they have to "port" it to Windows means it was done with lots of Mac OS specific code to begin with. :( Which is weird considering the GRM Tools plugins have already been coded with JUCE, which is cross platform...Did they use something else for this? :dog:
isn't the new version of grm tools mac only though? or maybe im wrong

Xenakios wrote:Did they use something else for this?
They use JUCE. See Help> About GRM Player for the list of third-party libraries.
Also, they describe it in the Documentation Utilisateur as 'open platform' but do not say open source.
Speaking of, how do you feel about completing your awesome CDP environment? :clap:
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Very nice find... I need sleep first, but can’t wait to install. :tu:

Nice!

_al_ wrote: isn't the new version of grm tools mac only though? or maybe im wrong
They finally released a new version for Windows of the plugins at the end of 2017.

Michael L wrote:
Xenakios wrote: Speaking of, how do you feel about completing your awesome CDP environment?
It will be more like a rewrite than completing it...I guess that's why I've been so hesitant to look at it again. :scared:

edit : The GRM Player uses JUCE version 4, which may explain why they are having problems getting stuff to work on Windows. JUCE is now at version 5 and version 4 is no longer supported by Roli.
Last edited by Xenakios on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Regarding the GRM Player app itself, I wasn't able to do anything interesting with it, didn't seem particularly intuitive to use. (I know there's a manual but I would have expected it'd be possible to do something without reading that first...) I did get it to play a sound file at different speeds sampler-style with a single voice but nothing beyond that. I couldn't even figure out how to make the sound loop.

Sometimes you just gotta RTFM, dude... :P

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”