Halion Sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HALion 7 HALion Sonic 7 Collection

Yeah i bought Halion 6 during the sale, and i'm having a problem with the library, when i load the initial preset i get told files are missing and after trying to load other presets i get told the same thing, in addition when checking the library manage rit seems that certain libraries are not installed, (like the piano's) . i have contacted Steinberg support and have not heard back yet due to a high volume of tech support messages. Has anybody else had this problem and were you able to fix it?

atari tech wrote:Yeah i bought Halion 6 during the sale, and i'm having a problem with the library, when i load the initial preset i get told files are missing and after trying to load other presets i get told the same thing, in addition when checking the library manage rit seems that certain libraries are not installed, (like the piano's) . i have contacted Steinberg support and have not heard back yet due to a high volume of tech support messages. Has anybody else had this problem and were you able to fix it?
I had exactly this problem when I first bought HALion5 in 2015. I couldn't figure it out on my own, so I submitted a support ticket. Steinberg said it looked like the installer I had downloaded from the Steinberg store was incomplete and they sent me links to ISO images of the installer. I did an uninstall, then re-installed from the ISOs and everything worked.

EDIT: Re-reading my blog post, looks like I still had to force a "reinstall" in the ISO setup wizards even after I had uninstalled the incomplete versions of the applications and rebooted before trying again. Don't know if that carries over to HALion 6.

UltimateOutsider wrote:
atari tech wrote:Yeah i bought Halion 6 during the sale, and i'm having a problem with the library, when i load the initial preset i get told files are missing and after trying to load other presets i get told the same thing, in addition when checking the library manage rit seems that certain libraries are not installed, (like the piano's) . i have contacted Steinberg support and have not heard back yet due to a high volume of tech support messages. Has anybody else had this problem and were you able to fix it?
I had exactly this problem when I first bought HALion5 in 2015. I couldn't figure it out on my own, so I submitted a support ticket. Steinberg said it looked like the installer I had downloaded from the Steinberg store was incomplete and they sent me links to ISO images of the installer. I did an uninstall, then re-installed from the ISOs and everything worked.

EDIT: Re-reading my blog post, looks like I still had to force a "reinstall" in the ISO setup wizards even after I had uninstalled the incomplete versions of the applications and rebooted before trying again. Don't know if that carries over to HALion 6.
The download may be done (has to be?) with Steinberg Download Assistant. I did several downloads already (HALion, Cubase Pro, Wavelab Pro, The Grand), and never had a failure. The entire HALion 6 installation here is 29.6 GB. If yours is smaller, you miss files.

As I said, I find it strange that the SDA gave the task as done without any error message, and there are missing files.
Fernando (FMR)

I had a similar problem. I was able to fix this by running the Halion6_Content Installer. The installer is found at C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Halion 6. When run it will give you three options Modify, Repair and Remove. I ran the Repair option and this installed those library files which were missing. Hope this works for you

Should there be a "HALion Sonic 6 Content" folder?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote:Should there be a "HALion Sonic 6 Content" folder?
Under the C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Halion 6 directory you should see an "Additional Content" folder. Inside this folder you should have a "VST Sound" folder which includes all the additional library files. I am running Halion 6 under Windows 10

Looks like I'm missing a few things then. No Additional Content folder and no HALion 6 Content Installer.

morelia wrote:Looks like I'm missing a few things then. No Additional Content folder and no HALion 6 Content Installer.
Use the Steinberg Download Assistant, and re-download the complete installer.
Fernando (FMR)

morelia wrote:Looks like I'm missing a few things then. No Additional Content folder and no HALion 6 Content Installer.
Try doing a Windows File Explorer search of your C:\ drive for the installer file "HALion6_Content" (without the quotes).

Just did a search with nothing showing up. Strange as H6 seems to be working ok. I'm just not sure if I'm missing anything because it looks like some folders are missing.

Wow that "HALion 6 - 6.1.0 Installation Guide" is a good read. Whoever wrote that deserves a promotion.

I'm ready to reinstall again. This installer really is a mess. I see the folder full of *.vstsound files. What am I supposed to do with them? What about the installers also in this folder. There are installers all over the place.

On the up side I found the HALion6_Content msi. Not sure what it does though.

In the Halion6 folder there are HALion6.msi, HALion6_Content.msi, HALionSonic3.msi and LibraryManager.msi. Do I need to run these. I thought these would be part of the Setup but as HALion6_Content.msi doesn't seem to be I'm not sure what to make of this.

>edit< I just ran all the installers I can find and they all seem to indicate installation has already been completed. There is still no HALion Sonic 6 Content folder.

First uninstall Halion, Halion Sonic and the content. If you use Cubase, leave the Halion Sonic SE stuff alone.

All you have to do is run the Start Installation .exe in the main folder as administrator. It has the Steinberg logo.

It will give you a list of things that it will install. Click each item and make it reinstall everything. If it gives you the option to install for All Users, don't check it.

Run Halion and click the Rescan Disk button in the MediaBay tab. It looks like a reload button. Also check the Halion Library Manager program.

If the presets still don't show up, then there's probably something wrong on your side and you should consider contacting support.

Firstly, I'm not sure there is anything wrong. Is there a way to check what should be installed. The main thing that concerned me was that there is no HALion Sonic 6 Content folder along with all the others (e.g. HALion Sonic 2 Content, HALion Sonic 3, HALion Sonic 3 Content, HALion Sonic 5 Content). Apart from that and a lot of presets with empty macro pages HALion seems fine. This could be the way it is meant to be. But without so me sort of information to check I have no way of deciphering the HALion installation maze.

If it says "All Instrument Sets" (this is a button, btw) near the MediaBay/Browser tab and you have over 3400 presets, then everything installed correctly and you're just overreacting a bit.

The oldest Halion Sonic content doesn't have macro pages. You have to click the Zone tab to edit them. If you open these old presets in Halion Sonic, the Edit tab will show something similar to the Zone tab instead of a macro page.

Return to “Instruments”