bx_delay 2500

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A decent delay/multi effect... However, I don't think I'm willing to pay $150 for it, or even the $75
that I can get it for with my voucher. Maybe during a good sale.

So spoiled for choice nowadays with high-quality and reasonably priced delays. Not at all tempted by this, sorry PA.
A well-behaved signature.

might be more of a Gearslutz thing? :P

sqigls wrote:might be more of a Gearslutz thing? :P
Are they freaking out over this thing? That would kinda surprise me, even for them. :hihi:
A well-behaved signature.

like somebody already said, another delay for Elton :P

personally, given all the delay plugins I own - I'm getting a lot of milage out of Stealth Delay.
i picked it up during the intro, but even at $39 it's pretty good value. The phaser in it is pretty lush.
good tone overall... I just can't imagine spending more than 40 bucks on this bx 2500, i'm sure it's good, and I should really demo it before I slag them off... but really. I'll be re-buying EchoBoy before I even think about this bad boy.
I'd always prefer character over perfection, not to say this one is perfect, but you get what i mean.
Bucket-500 is a nice little bucket brigade emulation for $29, that's probably next on my list ;)

JerGoertz wrote:
Are they freaking out over this thing? That would kinda surprise me, even for them. :hihi:
You should look at their Facebook user group: there‘s a kind of holy mess celebrated with a guy named Dirk as messiah...

It needs a lot more if it's going to compete with delays like Echoboy, ReplikaXT, SandmanPro, Timeless2 etc - especially at its very high price point. (The generic 30-second promo video doesn't help either)

JerGoertz wrote:
No, they're not.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Not thrilled about this one...I'll sitck to my echoboy and Sandman Pro. And the price...ouch...
Last edited by Endor-8o8 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hehe. Interesting that really stunning delay machines from Unfiltered audio costs less then )

Overall, the bx_delay 2500 appears to be another solid product release by Plugin Alliance.

As a big Plugin Alliance fan, I was debating on whether or not to purchase bx_delay 2500, in spite of the fact that it overlaps with many of my other delay VSTs (EchoBoy, Repeater, Timeless 2, Bloom, Replika XT, Dirty Delay, etc.). However, with the reduction of my monthly voucher from $75 to $35 in March, I will hold off purchasing the bx_delay 2500 for now.

I am not complaining about the monthly voucher reduction, as I understand that Plugin Alliance needs to make a profit in order to maintain their business and support future development efforts. Nevertheless, at this point, I have too many other delay VST options available that I, unfortunately, do not use enough. Therefore, I am not willing to spend over $100 for another delay unless it brings something significantly new to the table.

With that said, I might feel differently if I did not already have so many other choices in my VST plugin folder.

Yawn.

I have SO MANY delays.

There are already SO MANY delays out there.

It's amazing how many of the newer ones barely scratch the surface of what EchoBoy does, and it's friggin' old!

My favorite delay of the last handful of years is easily Replika-XT. It has a lot of nice hidden features that really enhance flexibility, like inverting the Ping Pong channels, or panning the Dry channel, and some nice stereo field controls -- not to mention the fantastic visualization it provides.

For all around 'bread and butter' delay usage, Replika XT is the best choice, afaic.

For vintage emulation, EchoBoy is still king afaic.

For crazy modular sound design, Sandman Pro is the obvious winner, afaic.

I own all three. It would take a hell of a lot more than what this BX thing offers to get me to buy another.

-M

I recently fell in love with the U-He delay included in their UHBIK pack. It has a different approach than my other ones (all of them you mentioned) which fits for the time being perfectly into my workflow.

The Production Expert review is a much better overview than the official videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxxkWzad3yc

Comparing it to Excalibur, which I am demoing because of the current promo,
its getting beat-up pretty badly. Even with my voucher, its only $7 cheaper than
the EA plugin's sale price.

Return to “Effects”