THE Psytrance thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone recommend a decent psytrance template for Ableton Live?

I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWcXqJdVu1U but anybody know of any more?

Many thanks!
Beats Of The Heart - Reggae Documentary (1977)
Post-Dilla: A Comprehensive Guide to the Beat Generation:

There are templates for that? :shock:

U-Recken released a new single

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM-3NHjwsT4

Psytrance is saved :party: :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Btw Recursive.. Those Virus wavetables that are available for download with a simple google search, are they the same that you have in your hardware? :)

Distorted Horizon wrote:Btw Recursive.. Those Virus wavetables that are available for download with a simple google search, are they the same that you have in your hardware? :)
Yes. for what I know someone just swept through them in Virus and recorded the output. You can import them into Serum or any other synth that accepts Serum wavetables (e.g. Parawave Rapid).

Phase.jpg

I played around with Bitwigs multiband fx. Does funny things to the bass.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

recursive one wrote:Yes. for what I know someone just swept through them in Virus and recorded the output.
Okay. Loaded them in Synthmaster One.

Anyways.. What DAW did you use? Studio one?

Thinking that some collab song.. Easiest would be if we both used the same DAW and just drag and drop the project file with some cloud service. But guess we don't use :hihi:

I'd love to visit Russia but not currently possible really.. Maybe when I start to make money with my music :lol:
How difficult you think, it is to become more or less successful musician in Russia? With (psy)trance for example?

yes, Studio One. I did a collab once, the other guy just sent me some basic stems and i made a track of it, added my own synths and melodies, made the kbbb etc. Actually I'm quite happy with the result, here it is

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/r ... ing-wakeup

Do you use Bitwig?

Never thought about making any success with my music... I've got a dayjob, a family and other boring shit, so I'm doing this for my own fun only. For me the success means something like when I hear my own track and think like "well, it doesn't sound any worse than Digicult or U-Recken". It has yet to happen tho, not sure when.

Reason/Reaper/Bitwig.

Yeah but IF you decided that "hey I'm gonna make my living with this".. How difficult it is in Russia? In Finland if your stuff is decent, have some connections etc. it's quite easy to drop out day job and live with gigs.

Distorted Horizon wrote:Reason/Reaper/Bitwig.
Don't have any of these, but I might buy Reaper to open collab projects.
Distorted Horizon wrote: Yeah but IF you decided that "hey I'm gonna make my living with this".. How difficult it is in Russia? In Finland if your stuff is decent, have some connections etc. it's quite easy to drop out day job and live with gigs.
It's definitely possible in Russia, not sure about psytrance though. It's far from being mainstream here. But there are some psy promotion groups, events and all that stuff in my city so all these people make a living of it somehow.

Of course you can drop by in somewhere near like Helsinki which is just few hours away with allegro train :hihi:

recursive one wrote:I might buy Reaper to open collab projects.
That would be cool. I'm thinking of a project where for example I make sections 1,3,5 and 7 and you'd make 2,4,6 and 8.. And of course that mastering stuff since you're so much better in it :D

Well, Reaper is cheap but scary as hell. I have a demo, I rememeber i once figured out how to add a midi track for a synth but now I don't remember how I did this :roll:

Anyway, no poblem with buying it for compatibility, more important part is to agree on synths and effects. IIrc you have Synthmaster and Diversion, I also do. Do you have Serum, Spire or Sylenth?

ofc we could always just bounce synths to wav
Distorted Horizon wrote:And of course that mastering stuff since you're so much better in it :D
Are you kidding me? :D I even don't have a proper room treatment.

recursive one wrote:Well, Reaper is cheap but scary as hell. I have a demo, I rememeber i once figured out how to add a midi track for a synth but now I don't remember how I did this :roll:

Anyway, no poblem with buying it for compatibility, more important part is to agree on synths and effects. IIrc you have Synthmaster and Diversion, I also do. Do you have Serum, Spire or Sylenth?

ofc we could always just bounce synths to wav
Double click at the space at left side of the timeline or right click -> add a track. Or ctrl + n if I remember right. There are no midi tracks but hybrids that can have both at the same time ;) Useful if you want to have midi but have one clip you want to mangle like audio. Just select that midiclip and bounce to audio -> mangle the crap out of it.

I've been using it for awhile so if you need help, just ask and I'll see if I can do something :)
I have a template I can share that has some basic stuff like shortcuts already in the place etc etc..

But bouncing is cool. Actually that's how I tend to work usually. Bounce to audio and then move the synth and midi to a "stash" -folder if I need those again. Shift + click turns the vst off so it doesn't take any recources.

When it comes to synths, I have all of those except Spire. Though I may toss some Rocket or Blofeld in there so audio...
recursive one wrote:Are you kidding me? :D I even don't have a proper room treatment.
Well finalizing.. Just do your magic :D

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”