The Revolutionary & ReVisional Design Of Propellerheads Reason 10

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donkey tugger wrote:
vurt wrote:

its true, im here for the lulz and the cock.
You see, I used some of that reversed psychiatry on you.
:band:

There's an old saying in the studio recording world... not that it applies to anyone here...

"Talent doesn't excuse douchebaggery."

... in other words, you can be as good as Jimmy Hendricks playing guitar but if you're highly annoying and extremely self centered, you won't have many friends and you probably won't get laid much. :)

Talent and personality are often not directly related and modesty is a personality trait that's highly rewarded.

LawrenceF wrote:The irony is, believe it or not, Scott actually is a pretty smart guy and has some talent.
And it's moronic posts like this that keeps him going.

Is it here at KVR he has shown talent and smartness?
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

LawrenceF wrote:There's an old saying in the studio recording world... not that it applies to anyone here...

"Talent doesn't excuse douchebaggery."
:D

And douchebaggery doesn't correlate with talent. One can act like THE INTRANCER and still have no significant talent whatsoever.

Hyperbole. Also seen in inconsequential details, like...
THE INTRANCER wrote:the topic view count was over 8000 in a couple of days... and in a similar amount of time, we are over 4000 here.
A similar amount of time? The thread's been up a couple of weeks tomorrow.

Oh but he meant "a couple of days" loosely, figuratively, poetically, not literally all that accurately. Yeah, hyperbole.

Also, horse.

THE INTRANCER wrote:Three years ago..I posted pretty much the same thread...within a couple of days on a forum with a few hundred members
And this is how you described the Reasontalk thread on CGTalk, in 2015:
-/\-Scott-M-C4D-/\- [THE INTRANCER] wrote:One of my projects I'm running actually involves redesigning Propellerheads Reason GUI complete with new concepts and redesign of the SSL 9000 Mixing desk, much of it's documented in this thread and designed in Photoshop See here : REASON X GUI DEVELOPMENT (http://www.reasontalk.com/post/scottym- ... ?&trail=25). As ever with some online communities, there's gonna be some vocal segments who envy and try and put down others creative work or don't read the aims and goals of it, but as a Scot, I've got a pretty thick skin to that over the years :)
Either you were using reverse psychology and who knows what else on each of these three forums, or it's down to a more straightforward interpretation Lawrence described above.

In other words, your own explanation of, "there's gonna be some vocal segments who envy and try and put down others creative work or don't read the aims and goals of it", is either also a psychological scheme of yours from back then, or it is to be read more in the vein you actually wrote it. Having seen your posts here and elsewhere, I'm betting on the latter, and Lawrence's interpretation. It's either that or you are basically acting out all sorts of reactions and motivations, pretending just for the sake of these "experiments" of yours -- and the thing is, no matter which one of these is the truth, both of those options are so very meh.

BMoore wrote:
LawrenceF wrote:The irony is, believe it or not, Scott actually is a pretty smart guy and has some talent.
And it's moronic posts like this that keeps him going.

Is it here at KVR he has shown talent and smartness?
Not sure. I've had discussions with him elsewhere and he's not a stupid guy, just extremely self centered, like... pathologically so. I've heard a couple of his "movie scores", they aren't bad, though I've yet to learn what movies they actually appeared in.

Just saying. He's not a completely talenless idiot, he just kinda acts or always comes across like one because he's so much in love with himself. :)

I wanted to add that for balance, fairness.

LawrenceF wrote:Just saying. He's not a completely talenless idiot, he just kinda acts or always comes across like one because he's so much in love with himself. :)

I wanted to add that for balance, fairness.
This is my honest impression of the guy as well. I've seen and heard his stuff, and in my opinion it's okay. There are startlingly more humble and helpful and friendly people on these and other forums who produce clearly more polished and "ready to be published", or already published material, however. Heck, not even talking about music/audio here, there are people even on KVR who have pioneered 3D and digital effects in Hollywood films (some of whom did certain types of effects for the first time on the big screen ever), and so on, that sort of creatives, and these people have been very modest and friendly when it comes to the stuff they have produced. As the material just speaks for itself.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Believe it or not, I'm actually more critical of my own work than any of you here and in what I can improve...and thus really don't have such an inflated ego as much as many think I do in reality... :)...I use forums to better what do and to filter out what I need and don't need to know at the end of the day, whilst also helping others....
Really?

The reason I posted what I did is the word 'Revolutionary', basically. "ReVisional", more of the same as it appears to indicate you think you're a person of vision having rearranged some pictures of a GUI. I'm not going to explain this more than that, if you don't see it, well...

You came up in here out of nowhere to come on really strong and for my part I find your tone to have been consistently patronizing, condescending to people that you don't know any better than we know you. And the post I clipped that quote from is more of the same. It isn't a big thing for me or for anybody probably, just sayin'.

vurt wrote:
LawrenceF wrote: It never occurs to you that many people view them out of entertainment value, wondering why you do that, and chucking at some of the subsequent comments.
its true, im here for the lulz and the cock.
And where is that flying cock?!

Yeah, do not construe the three times I clicked on something in this thread as interest in these jpgs x3, it really is the trainwreck the passersby rubberneck almost despite themselves.

I looked at it... Frankly, i find it hard to look at, so i didn't examine it enough to comment. Then i realized... that is what my comment should be. Not that anyone needs my opinion.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

LawrenceF wrote:I've heard a couple of his "movie scores", they aren't bad, though I've yet to learn what movies they actually appeared in.
That's the ironic thing, his movie scores haven't actually been in any movies and the UI designs he's shared haven't actually been used in any real UI's.

So whilst Scott labels them as "movie scores" and "UI Designs" the reality is they are just home-made 'Pictures' and 'Sound'

I'm not intentionally trying to bring him down but I think it's important to look past the self claimed self titled grandeur of what he so desperately wants his work to be and recognise the fact whilst he may be mildly skilled in these areas (notwithstanding the alleged HND he's keen to add to his sig like it's a corporate email) there's really nothing else that sets this guy apart from you me or rest of the human race.

Scott I hope you understand that? And if you don't, then well I suspect you'll just carry on posting your pictures and sounds on public forums for the rest of your life.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”