One Synth Challenge #108: Diodow by HrastProgrammer (Schiing Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

] Peter:H [ wrote:I'm interested in any kind of comments about my trees and the tiny little highlights on the trees and yes, not to forget and equaly importand about the tiny little bushes in front of the snow covered cottage that's positioned a bit to the left on my canvas...
Hehe! :lol: dB

Edit: Added comments a couple of times, but they are not showing up. Nice ones too ... :hihi:

Hey Peter, I dug that that! Beat the living shyte out of my sub, but that was probably the point. I like how the tree trunks were wider at the top than at the base and how the cottage had a fireplace but no chimney, too, so its inhabitants can all die slowly of carbon monoxide poisoning while painting happy trees!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Functionform, did I just seriously read that you couldn't pan because you had a mono button engaged? LOLOLOL!

Glad to see I'm not the only maroon around here! Made my day!!

My thoughts on the init patch and saving.......it's like gonorrhea. If you don't use protection, it will end up in undesirable places.We just had our weekly power outage (don't ask). Should have done more patch saving :smack:

Double post

My submission. It's a short cinematic style track which came along quite naturally. There's also a little story behind the track if anyone's interested (following the track chronologically):

The annoying "quaking voices" stand for all the bad stuff in life, the people or your "inner demons" which always try to bring you down. The "way on/wait on" voices try to stop them, to not let them take control of your life. The vibraphone-like lead is trying to balance things out and is followed by an even stronger "way on/wait on" part. The bad voices get weaker and finally there's a "singing bowl" outro which should lead to one's personal inner harmony and preferably world peace too. LOL I should not read so much esoteric books.

https://soundcloud.com/darksynth-fx/dar ... l-not-pass

DAW: Ableton Live 10 Suite
12x Diodow
15x Ableton EQ8
1x Voxengo Stereo Touch
1x Ableton Glue Compressor
1x Voxengo Tube Amp
1x Ableton Limiter
1x TAL Reverb II (Send)
1x Ableton Simple Delay (Send)

The problem is the synth is so bizarre it makes me question it not myself. :( For example, I have had the exact same patch saved, and on reload, clicks like mad despite absolutely nothing being changed. It doesn't make any sense and is incredibly frustrating so I'm being driven crazy! I'm also tired of whining :P I would soldier through with bad patches, but I will not put anything on my soundcloud that has random clicks and pops. Just can't go there.

edit: meh. Throwing in the towel. Good luck to contestants this month. Wish I could say I would fight on, but time is scarce, I have other tracks I would like to explore.

functionform wrote:The problem is the synth is so bizarre it makes me question it not myself. :( For example, I have had the exact same patch saved, and on reload, clicks like mad despite absolutely nothing being changed. It doesn't make any sense and is incredibly frustrating so I'm being driven crazy! I'm also tired of whining :P I would soldier through with bad patches, but I will not put anything on my soundcloud that has random clicks and pops. Just can't go there.

edit: meh. Throwing in the towel. Good luck to contestants this month. Wish I could say I would fight on, but time is scarce, I have other tracks I would like to explore.
If I cannot beat it, I make it my own: I have deliberately designed a patch "DC offset", even seeked to emphasized the effect and used it as percussive element ;-) I know, this is not helpful but shows the kung fu approach of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" bamboo fight sceen...you have to be flexible and deal with every direction the bamboo bends, even if it breaks from time to time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccmava-4KnY

I made a vinyl crackle patch that uses nothing but the pops and clicks haha

This will be one of those months that whatever I've ended up with at the deadline is what I'm going with. My current track is a real diodowner, but I'm kinda digging it atm....that will probably change though. I've never had a synth spark so many track names though...the insanity continues.

Functionform, I feel your pain!

My submission.
51 tracks
130 total FX
No presets.
No samples.
No external/host synth parameter automation.
Created and rendered @ 44.1. 96k doubled my CPU load and would pop/crackle almost constantly and would often crash.
Monitoring FX: JS: Oscilloscope, JS:Goniometer & SPAN
28 @ Diodow
39 @ PurestGain
29 @ ReaEQ
6 @ JS:MidiNoteFilter
3 @ ReaComp & Fracture
2 @ A1StereoControl
1 @ TDR VOS SlickEQ, TDR Nova, TDR Kotelnikov, W1 Limiter, Limiter No6, Abstract Chamber, Ambient Reverb, ReaVerb, Tila2, Density, Acceleration, ReaDelay, Distance, Roth-AIR, Panagement, Quick Haas and BlueARP
https://soundcloud.com/user-975888547/f ... ew-osc-108
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

That's a pretty cool track! So many things in there: some classical influences, then a bit of jazzy pentatonicness, and then a pretty epic quasi-orchestral anthem to wrap it up. Might win! :tu:

EvilDragon wrote:That's a pretty cool track! So many things in there: some classical influences, then a bit of jazzy pentatonicness, and then a pretty epic quasi-orchestral anthem to wrap it up. Might win! :tu:
Yup! Fully agree - should get a good placing, if not a winner. My fav so far (am I allowed to say so?).
dB

@EvilDragon & doctorbob
Thank you both for the kind words. I'm very glad you liked my track. :)
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

My OSC mission is not to seek to reproduce the know standards - I have attached my mind to the Krell mind machine just for short...Id directly communicated with Diodow.
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/krel ... id/s-cYFtK
---
This is not a submission. It's just Krell Id Monsters out of boredom...only listen when you can get more than just a bit of noize.

---
And for inspiration - some "innovation" from the 1950s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHXfMjp2zqI

] Peter:H [ wrote:My OSC mission is not to seek to reproduce the know standards - I have attached my mind to the Krell mind machine just for short...Id directly communicated with Diodow.
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/krel ... id/s-cYFtK
---
This is not a submission. It's just Krell Id Monsters out of boredom...only listen when you can get more than just a bit of noize.

---
And for inspiration - some "innovation" from the 1950s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHXfMjp2zqI
One of my favorite sci fi movies of all time.

Return to “Instruments”