Anyone ever sold a bunch of tastey hardware, and regretted it ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
wickfut
KVRist
427 posts since 22 Sep, 2015

Post Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:49 pm

TB-303 £700 :( Will probably get another some day
TR-909 £650 :'( Won't get another as I got a Vermona instead which can do similar kicks
Microwave XT rack £350 :( didn't really like it when I had it years ago but I think I might like it now and currently got it set to auto email from ebay.

Also sold Virus Ti and Supernova II, regretted selling them after a few years and bought them back (done this twice)

resynthesis
KVRist
369 posts since 17 Sep, 2007 from Planet Thanet

Re: Anyone ever sold a bunch of tastey hardware, and regretted it ?

Post Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Even worse, I GAVE my 60s AC15 to my brother :)

thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
23170 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:40 pm

thecontrolcentre wrote:I sold my Tokai Telecaster (pink paisley).
! found a picture of it ... onstage in 1990 :ud:
tcc_tokai_telecaster.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topcheese
KVRist
122 posts since 12 Nov, 2017

Post Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:42 pm

Stupid American Pig wrote:I regret selling my tr808. Both of them.
I also regret selling mine, but it was that or become homeless.

dougb256
KVRist
54 posts since 6 Jun, 2015

Post Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:59 pm

Hardware synths? Only have sold 2 - my Ensoniq ESQ-1 and Roland D10. I do miss my old Roland VK-7, but only has a Hammond-type controller. It had a decent keyboard and real drawbars, as opposed to using faders on a modern-day controller.

However, I really wish that I had kept the Invisible Stands keyboard stand that I bought when I had the ESQ-1. I've never had a stand as sturdy as that one, and also so literally "out of the way".
Running Logic Pro 10.4 under Sierra on a late 2012 27" iMac wth 24 GB RAM :tu:

Straight2Vinyl
KVRist
177 posts since 10 Mar, 2017

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:14 am

I regret selling my ASRX Pro years ago. I wasn't using it at all and don't know how I'd incorporate it these days, but the filters on that thing were nice.

zerocrossing
KVRAF
9311 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:56 am

A while back I got the idea that I could replace a lot of my gear with a Sonic Core XITE-1. Nothing crazy vintage or anything, but out went a Prophet 12 (that looking back, may have had a problem), Pulse 2 and Analog Four. Sadly, the zealots on the Sonic Core forum neglected to mention that Scope was an abandoned format that had never really been finished and was a buggy and awkward to use p.o.s. :roll: (also, no Scope instrument sounds better than garden variety native plugins, but they don’t use much CPU) I lost a bunch of money selling it (surprise! No one wants abandoned tech!) and although I now have a setup that in many ways is better, I do kick myself for that fiasco. I have room on my audio interface for one more stereo instrument and I may actually replace the Pulse 2 or the Analog Four.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”