Emergency! Need Synth ASAP (Contest Ends March 1)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Local Man wrote:Air Hybrid 3 is not on your list.
It is very deep and I believe it meets all of your criteria.
Also it has been sold for $1 at plugin boutique for the last couple of months so a lot of people probably own it.
It is also the kind of synth people are intimidated by so they would be more likely to buy a sound bank (even though in reality it is pretty easy to program).
If I recall from the demo, it violates my GUI requirement.

So eventually you'll end up with no more new synths to buy. Then what ? :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

donkey tugger wrote:
vurt wrote:synthesis is serious bizniss!
It's just men messing with knobs.
ahhh but how hard or soft when messing with the knob
is as serious as Def-con 1 :o
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Teksonik wrote:So eventually you'll end up with no more new synths to buy. Then what ? :?
There will be a black hole where once the internet was. :ud:

Teksonik wrote:So eventually you'll end up with no more new synths to buy. Then what ? :?
My only hope is that developers, who need to keep eating, will keep coming out with new things and new developers will also come into the market. New synths ARE coming out. They're just not coming out as fast as they used to.

Worst case scenario, instead of releasing 24 libraries a year, I release 12 or 10 or whatever.

Zebra 3 will hopefully be out this year. Last year 10 new synths came out that I'm aware of. If 10 new synths come out every year, I'll be content with that.

Yes but with all the criteria you impose on a synth it will rule out a good percentage of new synths. Loosen your criteria and a whole world of new synths that have already been released will open up. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

wagtunes wrote: Those who did buy these libraries will eventually reach a point where they simply don't need anymore sounds. With the 4 synths that I have made 2 libraries for, each time this has been proven to be true.
Sorry but it's nothing to do with that, plenty of SDs have made many additional libraries for synths and are still bringing out brilliant new stuff - just look at what Matt Bowdler has done with Diva, Zebra and Omnisphere for example. It's about creativity not limitations. I bought your Serum bank back when it first came out as there were very few Serum banks, I wasn't interested in another from you simply because it sounded rushed, the programing was superficial and I have never used a single patch in any of my music. That may be why people are not buying your follow up banks - 'once bitten, twice shy'. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but the lesson here is not don't do follow ups but take your time and really get to know them and do a better job of it.

aMUSEd wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Those who did buy these libraries will eventually reach a point where they simply don't need anymore sounds. With the 4 synths that I have made 2 libraries for, each time this has been proven to be true.
Sorry but it's nothing to do with that, plenty of SDs have made many additional libraries for synths and are still bringing out brilliant new stuff - just look at what Matt Bowdler has done with Diva, Zebra and Omnisphere for example. It's about creativity not limitations. I bought your Serum bank back when it first came out as there were very few Serum banks, I wasn't interested in another from you simply because it sounded rushed, the programing was superficial and I have never used a single patch in any of my music. That may be why people are not buying your follow up banks - 'once bitten, twice shy'. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but the lesson here is not don't do follow ups but take your time and really get to know them and do a better job of it.
1. There was a demo to listen to so you could see if these were sounds you were interested in. I assume people actually spend the time to listen to the demo before buying the library.

2. Each of my libraries comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. If you didn't like the set, why didn't you simply ask for a refund?

I don't see how you can say it was rushed. I put a ton of time into that synth. It comes with 350 custom wavetables. I've had numerous compliments on that library. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean I didn't put a lot of time and effort into it. I work hard on all my libraries. Now, if you simply don't think I have any talent as a sound designer, that's fine. You're entitled to that opinion. Not everybody shares it or I'd be out of business. I have several customers who buy every library I come out with. Boggles my mind that there are actually people out there who own that many synths. But obviously they do.

Bottom Line: I do my very best on every library I put out regardless of your opinion of the library itself.

wagtunes wrote:
Local Man wrote:Air Hybrid 3 is not on your list.
It is very deep and I believe it meets all of your criteria.
Also it has been sold for $1 at plugin boutique for the last couple of months so a lot of people probably own it.
It is also the kind of synth people are intimidated by so they would be more likely to buy a sound bank (even though in reality it is pretty easy to program).
If I recall from the demo, it violates my GUI requirement.
Hmm, I guess that sort of thing can be different from monitor to monitor. I personally have never had any issue with it.
Anyway, it looks like your options are pretty limited for now but when the new Voltage Modular by Cherry Audio comes out, I am sure you will have your hands full for a little while.

wagtunes wrote:So as you can see, followup libraries simply don't do as well.
Go tell that to Matt Bowdler - 'The Unfinished' :shrug:

Your second libraries not selling well is not necessarily an indication that people don't want more sounds. it is far more likely that your first soundset is going to be the sounds that are in your wheelhouse, and that you are more likely to do better. The second soundset is likely to be more out of your comfort zone. It will likely take a lot longer to get a better second set, because you are going to have to put more learning/experimenting into it.

You don't have to put that kind of effort into it, but you're soon going to run out of options. But if you do commit to the process, you have a huge amount of synths that have already paid for themselves, ready for you to actually exploit the potential from :shrug:

+1 for Subbombass2. It's got Big GUI option nowadays.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
wagtunes wrote:So as you can see, followup libraries simply don't do as well.
Go tell that to Matt Bowdler - 'The Unfinished' :shrug:

Your second libraries not selling well is not necessarily an indication that people don't want more sounds. it is far more likely that your first soundset is going to be the sounds that are in your wheelhouse, and that you are more likely to do better. The second soundset is likely to be more out of your comfort zone. It will likely take a lot longer to get a better second set, because you are going to have to put more learning/experimenting into it.

You don't have to put that kind of effort into it, but you're soon going to run out of options. But if you do commit to the process, you have a huge amount of synths that have already paid for themselves, ready for you to actually exploit the potential from :shrug:
You're right. I know. I have more than enough synths to make libraries for for years to come. Hell, I could just go back to Omnisphere and make another 5 libraries just for that alone. Same thing with Softube. But at some point, I'd be better off making libraries for One Ping Only because based on my track record with followups, it's not going to be profitable down the road.

wagtunes wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
1. There was a demo to listen to so you could see if these were sounds you were interested in. I assume people actually spend the time to listen to the demo before buying the library.

2. Each of my libraries comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. If you didn't like the set, why didn't you simply ask for a refund?

I don't see how you can say it was rushed. I put a ton of time into that synth. It comes with 350 custom wavetables.
I didn't say anything because I don't as a rule like to criticise or shoot people down but right now I feel you need to hear this for your own benefit; you are not on a sustainable path. I won't keep going on and will shut up after this - I'm trying to be honest and trying to help you not be a 'hater'. The '350 wavetables' is exactly the problem, you let the wavetables make the sound rather than use it as a synth, same overall approach in this thread, you think the answer is piling on more, not doing more with less, the first wavetable synths had pretty small numbers of wavetables and no ability to add your own and people made a heap of great sounds with them. Look at the actual synth programming, I can go through patch after patch and LFO 1 hardly changes, other LFOs are hardly used, macros are not used at all apart from a couple and even then just to mix in an effect, modulation is minimal. It may not have literally been rushed by whatever standards you apply to yourself regarding reasonable time frames, but to me it felt rushed and although I accept that others may love it and always come back for more, I can't believe I am alone in my perception either.

aMUSEd wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:

I don't see how you can say it was rushed. I put a ton of time into that synth. It comes with 350 custom wavetables.
I didn't say anything because I don't as a rule like to criticise or shoot people down but right now I feel you need to hear this for your own benefit; you are not on a sustainable path. I won't keep going on and will shut up after this - I'm trying to be honest and trying to help you not be a 'hater'. The '350 wavetables' is exactly the problem, you let the wavetables make the sound rather than use it as a synth, same overall approach in this thread, you think the answer is piling on more, not doing more with less, the first wavetable synths had pretty small numbers of wavetables and no ability to add your own and people made a heap of great sounds with them. Look at the actual synth programming, I can go through patch after patch and LFO 1 hardly changes, other LFOs are hardly used, macros are not used at all apart from a couple and even then just to mix in an effect, modulation is minimal. It may not have literally been rushed by whatever standards you apply to yourself regarding reasonable time frames, but to me it felt rushed and although I accept that others may love it and always come back for more, I can't believe I am alone in my perception either.
I'm sure you're not alone. And no, I don't make number of wavetables or "piling on more" my criteria for a library. Legend, which may be one of the simplest synths in the world to program, is my 11th best selling library. This absolutely boggles my mind because honestly, given how simple it is, I didn't think it would sell at all. And I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. But I can't see putting out yet another Minimoog library. I mean how many truly UNIQUE sounds can you get out of a minimoog?

you could do an rnb specific sounds bank for a minimoog.

Return to “Instruments”