Out now: DOUBLE CREAM DRUMS - muffled 70s drum kit

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Very proud to announce the release of our latest Kontakt library (full Kontakt required): DOUBLE CREAM DRUMS, available here: http://www.loopsdelacreme.com/kontakt-libraries/

Double the fun with DOUBLE CREAM DRUMS! This unique 70s muffled drum kit with an intuitive 2-channel mixer will let you quickly create punchy and authentic drum tracks. With fantastic playability, endless sound variations and practical midi files, this will be an essential addition to your drum tools :)

Available now at a super friendly -50% INTRO price :tu: :party: (intro offer ends March 21st)

More info: http://www.loopsdelacreme.com/kontakt-libraries/
Video demo here: https://vimeo.com/256923673

Big fan of the dead drums sound, and this sounds like a really nice take on it.

I agree, this could be a great addition to my present arsenal (e.g. BFD3, Electro-Acoustic by SC, NI Drum lab etc.), not to mention a couple of drum machines. Someone could argue, what the heck are you doing with all those kits, a good question, but we soundhunters know the answer. Plus, the easy-instant-ready-interface is a great advantage. When the inspiration hits, you hate sticking to tweaking the drums for hours. :phones:

Thanks guys for chiming in :tu:
Harry_HH wrote:... the easy-instant-ready-interface is a great advantage....
Love this quote :D :party: can i use this for marketing lol :hug: :tu:
No seriously this was a goal during design, to have an interface that is directly usable, while still offering sound variations. Load the patch, play the drums, it should sound good from the start :wink:
For those who really want to tweak their drum mix, all individual drum elements are separately available as .nki (ex: kick only, snare only...)

I'm going to ask my usual question (though "standard GM mapping" probably covers it) - how many degrees of openness on the hi-hat? Open, (some number through) closed, pedal, splash?

pljones wrote:I'm going to ask my usual question (though "standard GM mapping" probably covers it) - how many degrees of openness on the hi-hat? Open, (some number through) closed, pedal, splash?
Thanks for asking!
closed @ f#1
foot/pedal @G#1
open @ Bb1
semi-open @ f#2
Finger drumming on keyboard works well for the closed HH and the semi-open one octave higher.
215 HH samples (2 channels + velocity layers + round-robins) :phew: :)

Great, easy to use and very clean sounding (improved my mix just by using this kit, which dont speak for my mix :oops: but for the drumkib) drum kits, just love it. Expecially the mixer presets and the "two button" soundshaping makes it immediately my favourite for starting with drums on a track.

And the great selection of drumskits, drummultis and single drums makes it very easy to make your own kit/drum setup.

Cause of its really moderate use of ram and cpu no problem to mix it up with some non-muffled drumkits or percussion. Really great one, love it just from the start :tu:

Have not tried the midis so far but of course will have a look. If they are that good and overall useable might be my drum starter kit for lot of songs :D

closed - semi-open - open
foot/pedal

So not much responsiveness on a Foot Controller with an e-Kit, and no splash (though I have to fake that up on most kits).

Sounds nice enough but I'm incredibly fussy about my hi-hats :) .
http://naturaldrum.com/docs/NDKManual.pdf#page=29

tatanka wrote:Great, easy to use and very clean sounding ...
Thanks a lot for the feedback :tu:

You can download the user manual on the product page. The manual has lots of tips and ideas to get the best out of Double Cream Drums :phones: :tu:

Another simple to use/effective/great sounding instrument!
Keep on the great work.

nordickvr wrote:Another simple to use/effective/great sounding instrument!
Keep on the great work.
Thanks for the kind words, very much appreciated :tu:

Only a few days left for the super friendly intro offer...

Love this kit! The snare has become my new secret weapon for layering.

Monkberry wrote:Love this kit! The snare has become my new secret weapon for layering.
Awesome! Thanks for the purchase :tu:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”