Bigger monitor display for DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, knowing that this is a hardware related question but I ask here anyway so please don't mind.

I am using a 27" AOC LCD monitor and would like to buy a bigger one. However, my work space is limited me to have a < 3x" monitor. That said, do you think that I buy a wider screen would have benefit for using Live 10? And is it a smart choice to buy a 4K monitor for DAW usage ? Any suggestion with good C/P value of monitor will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!
Cowby

I converted from 3 x 24" (1920 x 1080p) to 1 Samsung curved 34" (3440 x 1440p) 100 Hz 1500R display. The aggressive curve gives a whole new immersion. Despite less pixels in total, my desk is cleaner, less cluttered and everything fits on 1 screen. I never looked back and made some people happy with my old 24" panels.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

cowby wrote:Hi, knowing that this is a hardware related question but I ask here anyway so please don't mind.

I am using a 27" AOC LCD monitor and would like to buy a bigger one. However, my work space is limited me to have a < 3x" monitor. That said, do you think that I buy a wider screen would have benefit for using Live 10? And is it a smart choice to buy a 4K monitor for DAW usage ? Any suggestion with good C/P value of monitor will be highly appreciated.
there’s a few options for 32” 4K monitors now - so I’d look at them (I’ve used a 28” 4K - too many plugins with non-scalable UIs that are un-usable). Personally I’d look at the bigger options (40”+ 4K) but obviously that won’t work in your space

I presume your 27” AOC is fullHD (1920x1080) - other option would be to replace it with a 27” QHD (2560x1440) - more screen realestate but not as bad for non-scalable UIs as 4K

I use 27" 4K monitor with Live and it's just great, especially since Live 10 allows independent scaling for each plugin.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”