Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

peke wrote:What's the best display resolution for avenger? I use 27" 1080p. 70% in avenger size. I want to use it in 100% but 1080p is too small for that
To me it's fine on every monitor, even 13" Laptops. The scaling works fine and doesn't blur noticeably.

But I can tell you in general, 4k is a breeze to make music and cut video, also graphics design, the bigger the screen, the better. I went for an LG 32" 4K TV, wasn't too expensive.

I am aiming to install this now. I am not clear what my System ID is that is being asked for. Can anyone clarify? Thanks!
Studio One Pro, Win 10 64-bit, IntelI7 Quad 32GB, two 2TB internal SSDs in ASUS laptop. RME Babyface Pro. KRK VXT8 Monitors, Avantone Mixcube, Mackie BigKnob, Komplete Kontrol S61, S49, S25, Maschine Jam, Guitars, Mic is CAD Equitek E100S.

lawajava wrote:I am aiming to install this now. I am not clear what my System ID is that is being asked for. Can anyone clarify? Thanks!

Question for MSVS:

I notice that a lot of drum samples you produce are stereo, and this is in contrast to samples from many other sample libraries.

Would you care to share some of your tricks to achieve this?

I think it has to do with distortion and subtle delay, but your stereo samples also sum nicely to mono, and that's harder to achieve when making a drum sound sound more stereo.

So i was hoping for some tips!

Thanks! .......... D

I guess you are talking about Kickdrum Samples, because having a snare or clap in stereo is nothing unusual.
The Kicks are mono compatible because all the bass information is mono. IF there is any stereo information, its in the attack, or a very subtle room/noise on top (treble). Certainly, there are also 100% mono samples, but which are just stereo files on the packs, but this has the reason, that earlier, if you drag and drop a mono sample into Cubase, a mono track was created, where you were not able to put stereo effects on (no stereo delay, reverb etc... all plugins where mono then). So we made everything stereo to keep it easy for you.

Thanks! I was actually thinking about sounds other than kicks, especially hihats and snares, but i guess all percussion and drums.

I messed around with having different short ambiances for L + R and that helps create some more stereo feel without making it phasey.

Gotta experiment some more.

It's something that Skrillex also does really well (even though i don't particularly like his music): making drums very stereo but still strong in mono.

you can always boost the stereo part of Drums with a m/s matrix plugin (like our VMS Stereo Bundle)
all what is boosted there is monocompatible and completely phase neutral, since its 100% removed in mono
but this required at least a bit of stereo information in the original sample, you cant boost whats not there

What i meant was: taking a mono sound and making it sound very stereo.......which will then still sound good in mono.

For example, you can take a mono sound and add a very short delay to the right channel. This will now sound super stereo. But when you listen in mono, it'll sound like shit!

But when i listen to (for example) Skrillex's drum sounds, some of them sound really stereo, but when you listen in mono, they still sound good.

So i'm thinking of ways to add stereo information to mono sound, so they'll sound wide, but still good in mono!

Actually, i'm probably over thinking it, he probably just layers 3 sounds (middle, hard left, hard right) and filters them.
Last edited by Mr D on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mr D wrote: But when i listen to (for example) Skrillex's drum sounds, some of them sound really stereo, but when you listen in mono, they still sound good.
Beware that many "EDM" (what's commonly wrongfully labeled as bigroom, dubstep, future...) producers simply use two slightly different sounds, one for the L and one for the R channel.

Also a good technique to make a mono sound exhibit stereo image is to send the sound to a stereo bus, EQ the lows and highs, swap channels, flip the phase for one channel then place a stereo delay with same settings for both channels and try delays between 5 and 35 ms and mix the sound with the original. It will work differently on different sounds so it need experimentation. Placing a transient shaper to attenuate the transients on the processed path can get you even further (especially drum samples tend to misbehave due to their sharp transients)

msvs wrote: earlier, if you drag and drop a mono sample into Cubase, a mono track was created, where you were not able to put stereo effects on (no stereo delay, reverb etc... all plugins where mono then). So we made everything stereo to keep it easy for you.
Earlier? This is different now? I still run vocal tracks into a stereo bus to use stereo effects, just like I've been doing forever. Am I doing something dumb/outdated? I could have sworn I tried this out as recently as 9.5 and putting a chorus on a mono vocal track still does nothing for the stereo image. Do i need to put it post fader?

@hollyWorse - I actually like ilok protection very much for a lot of the same reasons you mentioned. The convenience of having a bunch of your licenses in the same place is a godsend if you need to reformat a machine, or run your plugs on someone else's computer. But you can get that benefit without the dongle. I understand you've had laptops crap out on you, so it makes sense that you've come to rely on the dongle, but aside from a dongle being insurance against a sudden and total OS meltdown, I don't see what it offers that regular old Ilok License Manger doesn't.

When is a new GRANULAR EXP coming out with soundscapes drones pads I think the granular engine it's great and over slept maybe add one more algorithm it be even better

msvs wrote:
Maybe an idea to have the amp envelope release time set to linear by default in the init patch
thats actually the case... did you setup in the SYS Page / Content, that the correct Default init preset is loaded? Its located in your Avenger XP \ expansions \ Factory \ presets \ default.avpr
Please set this up in your SYS Page

regarding "MPE". This is not planned, sorry.
Is still the case even though MPE has become official? It would get me interested.

a little preview for the upcoming Cinematic XP for Avenger

https://soundcloud.com/vengeancesound/v ... er-suite-2

msvs wrote:a little preview for the upcoming Cinematic XP for Avenger

Awesome! When can we expect it ?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:
msvs wrote:a little preview for the upcoming Cinematic XP for Avenger

Awesome! When can we expect it ?

easter

Return to “Instruments”