Acoustica 7 can't open mp3-file

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I Tried to open a mp3-file and a failure message shows up Leider ist ein Fehler aufgetreten: Das Format der Datei ......mp3 konnte nicht ermittelt werden" .See attached picture. This mp3 file can be opened with all other programms like VLC-Player, Wavelab and so on.

I checked if previous versions of Acoustica were able to open the file, but all failed.
Best
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Peter,
Gevatter wrote:Hi,
I Tried to open a mp3-file and a failure message shows up Leider ist ein Fehler aufgetreten: Das Format der Datei ......mp3 konnte nicht ermittelt werden" .See attached picture. This mp3 file can be opened with all other programms like VLC-Player, Wavelab and so on.

I checked if previous versions of Acoustica were able to open the file, but all failed.
Best
Peter
Do you have Acoustica 7.0.56 installed? There was an error in the ID3 tag parsing in v7.0.51 that prevented some MP3 files from loading.

Best,
Stian

Hi Stian,
as I mentioned above the failiure were in all previous version from 7.0.35 up to 7.0.56. But I have to mention that I have used a Computer with Windows 7 Home.
I now have tested with Windows 10 and the files were loaded as expected.

Best,
Peter

Hi Stian,
I have sent 3 file via wetransfer to the support

Best,
Peter

Hi Peter,
Gevatter wrote:Hi Stian,
I have sent 3 file via wetransfer to the support
Thanks for sending over the files. It seems as if the Media Foundation library on Windows 7 rejects the files. It's unclear why that happens, but we'll look into it. Here's an explanation from another thread:
stian wrote:At the time being, Acoustica uses the OS media libraries (Media Foundation in Windows and CoreAudio on Mac) to decode MP3. Unfortunately, that means that we don't get access to specifics regarding the encoding format such as bit rate, CBR or VBR, etc. At the time when we started to re-implement Acoustica for version 7, MP3 was still a patented format and the patent expiration dates are usually very unclear due to flaws in the patent legislation (and the patent holders know to exploit that). Now that Fraunhofer has confirmed the expiration, we are free to include our own decoding. We'll try to do so in a future update, but I cannot make any promises regarding the time frame.
Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”