Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACID Pro 8

No, it doesn't count. I contacted their sales team and they confirmed it. Same goes for SF Pro 11 to 12.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Last edited by nathanj on Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

I wonder what the upgrade price from the Humble Bundle ACID Pro 7 to 8 will be... Anyone know? Just out of curiosity, haha. I know I absolutely don't have "real" need for this, but for the 16 euros it currently costs, I might be getting it just for the nostalgy, and install on a secondary system. I used ACID Pro at one point to do mixtapes, that must have been nearly two decades ago. Jeez. I think it would be fun to revisit just for the vibe.

Heh, I expect the upgrade to cost quite a bit more than I'd be willing to pay,
which is why I bought Acid 7-8 for $89 during the recent Valentine's Day sale.

It's really pretty neat, if not overly necessary, not the toy that many assume it to be.
Quite a lot of nice features in the way of the modern DAW, far from the free
version I used to play with back in the day.

I'm quite excited about Acid Pro 8 actually.

-Cheers

I was using Sony ACID Pro for 10 years straight (started with 6.0 in 2008) and I can say that it's really the most intuitive and straight forward DAW I've ever seen. The workflow of Sony Acid Pro is a charm. I hope that 8.0 will be just a remaster with additional functions and 64 bit support. I literally learned producing and composing in ACID, it was so easy to understand and efficient.
For DISCOGRAPHY, see К Ɱ Ԏ Ꮇ Ꮩ Ꭶ Ꭵ Ꮳ

Guenon wrote:I wonder what the upgrade price from the Humble Bundle ACID Pro 7 to 8 will be
I expect the upgrade will be on sale in the next 12 to 18 months, fear not
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Guenon wrote:I wonder what the upgrade price from the Humble Bundle ACID Pro 7 to 8 will be... Anyone know? Just out of curiosity, haha. I know I absolutely don't have "real" need for this, but for the 16 euros it currently costs, I might be getting it just for the nostalgy, and install on a secondary system. I used ACID Pro at one point to do mixtapes, that must have been nearly two decades ago. Jeez. I think it would be fun to revisit just for the vibe.
If you have ACID Pro 7 from the Humble Bundle registered in your MAGIX account, the upgrade price to v7, which should include v8, is $99.

"Congratulations! The upgrade offer has been activated successfully"

For Sound Forge Pro 11, if I do the same thing, it says $199,95.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:
Guenon wrote:I wonder what the upgrade price from the Humble Bundle ACID Pro 7 to 8 will be... Anyone know? Just out of curiosity, haha. I know I absolutely don't have "real" need for this, but for the 16 euros it currently costs, I might be getting it just for the nostalgy, and install on a secondary system. I used ACID Pro at one point to do mixtapes, that must have been nearly two decades ago. Jeez. I think it would be fun to revisit just for the vibe.
If you have ACID Pro 7 from the Humble Bundle registered in your MAGIX account, the upgrade price to v7, which should include v8, is $99.

"Congratulations! The upgrade offer has been activated successfully"

For Sound Forge Pro 11, if I do the same thing, it says $199,95.
Thanks for the post, good to know. Going to pass, maybe other offers in the future :)

Do Acid Pro 7 and Acid Music Studio in the Humble Bundle deal include the Loop and Midi Files?

toonertik wrote:[
I get it... because I have been using Acid since 1998. For me it is still the quickest DAW for importing single_hits and loops and mangling/cutting/creating new loops (occasionally even adding MIDI)
Not sure I can agree with you on "when Sony bought SF". Since Magix took over they have done 2 updates to Vegas (this, I think is the real cash cow) updated Spectral_Layers.. updated Sonic_Foundry_Audio (the cut down version of SF) all in less than 18 months or there abouts (BTW, when Sony bought Sonic_F they also took over the development team, I think Magix have also done the same, although the members may have changed, the DNA is probably still with the devs).
Yeah, I also use "consumer/toy" DAWs>>> SamplitudeProX3 Reaper, Harrison Mixbus(Ardour++) oh and Live and Project5.. BUT I do admit to being just a kid...
A 64bit version... yeah, interested... the thing I would most like to see is the same kinda visual feedback you get in the "stretch" view when manipulating the stretch markers.. like Live's warp or Reapers stretch, now THAT would get my DAW juices flowing... :oops:
Seriously try Mixcraft 8 pro there's more there that you may not see.

Yeah I started using Acid in 98 as well.... I made some serious change using it. Creating flash loops, remixing, mastering. Sony killed all of that. Between the serious downgrade of vegas acid to sony acid, sony's little root kit stunt and other sony shenanigans at the time I swore off anything by sony ever after.

Seriously beat chopping in Mixcraft is fun and easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YURu6fnb4ro

I had Magix music creator and samplitude. Loved the built in sequencer apps like robota and DnB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIIpwKP_h5Y mostly I liked Samplitude for it's mastering suite.

Guess what.... Mixcraft does more (aside from the built in sequencers)

I can't see myself going back to acid any time soon. It was great for what it did way back when. The rest of the daw world has caught up by now.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Soundforge Pro is coming out with version 12. Featuring, among many other things, multi track recording and vst3 support!

Whoops.. and it's 64 bit!

Spencer Maddox wrote:Anyone got a Screenshot from whatever Email Kevin63101 got?
Really Curious to see this proposed GUI.
I thought Being a Magix customer I would get one but to no avail. Probably they just sent them to acid users, Makes sense I suppose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCCk-CWvaIU

Well, that's going to be a nice $400-ish expense for many of us in the coming months no doubt. :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”