The VSTi That I Would Pay $1,000 For

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I saw this in another thread ...

Skip to 9 minutes & 50 seconds to hear "MIDI to Voice" in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO2UfDZ2vJk&t=590

thecontrolcentre wrote:I saw this in another thread ...

Skip to 9 minutes & 50 seconds to hear "MIDI to Voice" in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO2UfDZ2vJk&t=590
This is nothing new. I owned something like this when I had my hardware studio. It was made by Digitech and I used it to do a lot of my background vocals to get those harmonies. But it still falls a little short of sounding completely human and for solo vocals it doesn't sound all that great. Plus, you still have to be able to sing some.

This particular device does appear to be a slight step up but still doesn't give me what I'm looking for.

Teksonik wrote:This idea that we have to do everything ourselves or we're a failure or cheating has gotten out of hand. Few people have the raw talent and acquired skills to go from blank canvas to finished chart topping master with no help at all.
Nobody does man. Every self-made cat comes from a f*ckin huge support network. Like that's how you even know they exist!

Just gotta learn to collab and make friends. It's the hardest f*ckin part of this life cus it's never a sure deal.

Relevant:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/feat ... es-w517705

{But it was Chris Rock, who did a set in Third Man's event space last year, who really got under his skin. "Nobody cares how it's done!" Rock told White, in passing. He was joking, but not really.

"I wish he wouldn't have said that to me," White says, shaking his head, "because it's haunting my days. Because I've built my whole artistic creativity on this. But he's right, because nobody f**king cares! Even musicians don't f**king care. You know?" He describes showing "modern musicians" his setup – the tape reels, the vintage Neve recording console – to which they respond, "Well, I've got a computer." White bursts out with that laugh.}

Dasheesh wrote:Relevant:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/feat ... es-w517705

{But it was Chris Rock, who did a set in Third Man's event space last year, who really got under his skin. "Nobody cares how it's done!" Rock told White, in passing. He was joking, but not really.

"I wish he wouldn't have said that to me," White says, shaking his head, "because it's haunting my days. Because I've built my whole artistic creativity on this. But he's right, because nobody f**king cares! Even musicians don't f**king care. You know?" He describes showing "modern musicians" his setup – the tape reels, the vintage Neve recording console – to which they respond, "Well, I've got a computer." White bursts out with that laugh.}
It's true. Nobody cares. Why should anybody care? Everybody's got their own problems. What boggles my mind is all the people who have so much time on their hands that they have nothing better to do than tell me what I should and shouldn't do with my music. I should hire a singer. I should do this. I shouldn't do that. The irony is, do any of these people think I give a crap what they think I should do?

I started this thread for just one reason. I want the type of software that I described and I will pay an insane amount of money for it. I didn't ask anybody to tell me that I should hire singers or write instrumentals or whatever. And telling me what to do is just a total waste of their breath.

And yet, somehow, after all these years that I've been here, they still haven't figured that out.

Talk about insanity.

wagtunes wrote:
I started this thread for just one reason. I want the type of software that I described and I will pay an insane amount of money for it. I didn't ask anybody to tell me that I should hire singers or write instrumentals or whatever. And telling me what to do is just a total waste of their breath.

And yet, somehow, after all these years that I've been here, they still haven't figured that out.

Talk about insanity.
So basically, you posted for yourself about your own needs & wishes in a public forums to not have replies nor any opinions from others.

Talk about insanity uh?

Armagibbon wrote:
Teksonik wrote:This idea that we have to do everything ourselves or we're a failure or cheating has gotten out of hand. Few people have the raw talent and acquired skills to go from blank canvas to finished chart topping master with no help at all.
Nobody does man. Every self-made cat comes from a f*ckin huge support network. Like that's how you even know they exist!

Just gotta learn to collab and make friends. It's the hardest f*ckin part of this life cus it's never a sure deal.
Good points. Putting a good song through a strong support network is the ideal situation. Considering all the garbage I hear on the charts though, it seems the good song part is irrelevant, just know the right people :lol:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

wagtunes wrote:
It's true. Nobody cares. Why should anybody care? Everybody's got their own problems. What boggles my mind is all the people who have so much time on their hands that they have nothing better to do than tell me what I should and shouldn't do with my music. I should hire a singer. I should do this. I shouldn't do that. The irony is, do any of these people think I give a crap what they think I should do?

Talk about insanity.
I tried to think of a light hearted response to this because I have so much time on my hands but in the end why would I? If you couldn't give a crap about people taking time to make an input to the community by considering what you open with, if you are so far up the spectrum that you simply cannot give consideration to alternative views, you are right...why would anybody waste their time responding to your posts?

But in keeping with what you claim we are all doing, I will tell you something else you can do....Nah, maybe not :D , I'll just make sure to ignore the crap out of any of your posts as that is apparently what you actually want.

You must not have that much time on your hands, or else you would have read 7 pages of people telling him what he needs to do.

Yeah he walks himself right into many of these things but I think his post was actually light hearted with all things considered including some pile-on-bullying... you know the usual.

NVM

wagtunes wrote:Okay, here it is. Because of my frustrations with Vocaloid (all the criticisms) this is the VST that I would pay $1,000 for if somebody would make it.

Here's how it works.

You sing into a mic. The audio then goes through the VST and converts YOUR voice into any singer's voice you want it to sound like and perfectly on key. So, you could sound like Sinatra, Bon Jovi, Meatloaf, Cher, anybody you can think of.

The VST comes with a group of "stock" singers. Maybe 10 to start. And then, if you want, you can buy expansion packs.

The Pop Diva Pack
The Metal Heads Pack
The Prog Rock Pack
The Soul Pack

And so on.

Can you imagine the soul/R&B pack with Wonder, Stubbs, Gaye, Ross and Brown?

And all the vocals sounded 100% human. Absolutely could NOT tell them from the real thing because each note is produced by an actual human voice.

Yeah, I know. Crazy idea. Like I said, I'd pay mega bucks for something like this.

Anybody else?
I hope such vst will not be invented, because with anyone being able to sound as good as other music will loose its soul, music buisiness will become meaningless as the music itself will become meaningless.

You also will be out of the job wags :lol:

Elektronisch wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Okay, here it is. Because of my frustrations with Vocaloid (all the criticisms) this is the VST that I would pay $1,000 for if somebody would make it.

Here's how it works.

You sing into a mic. The audio then goes through the VST and converts YOUR voice into any singer's voice you want it to sound like and perfectly on key. So, you could sound like Sinatra, Bon Jovi, Meatloaf, Cher, anybody you can think of.

The VST comes with a group of "stock" singers. Maybe 10 to start. And then, if you want, you can buy expansion packs.

The Pop Diva Pack
The Metal Heads Pack
The Prog Rock Pack
The Soul Pack

And so on.

And all the vocals sounded 100% human. Absolutely could NOT tell them from the real thing because each note is produced by an actual human voice.

Yeah, I know. Crazy idea. Like I said, I'd pay mega bucks for something like this.

Anybody else?
I hope such vst will not be invented, because with anyone being able to sound as good as other music will loose its soul, music buisiness will become meaningless as the music itself will become meaningless.

Do you have any idea how hypocritical this is? We already have the ability to sound like instruments that, according to your logic, we have no business being able to sound like.

Go on. Tell me that you can REALLY tell the difference between a real orchestra and a MIDI orchestra with some of the amazing sample libraries that we have today when used by some of the people out there who can program them to sound freakishly realistic.

So if we're going to take your "altruistic" view of things, we need to get rid of all of this stuff. The pianos, the drums, the bass, and ONLY use instruments that sound synthetic. Nothing that sounds like the real thing of any real instrument made.

Bunch of hypocrites. That's what you all are.

wagtunes wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:

Here's how it works.

The Pop Diva Pack
The Metal Heads Pack
The Prog Rock Pack
The Soul Pack

And so on.

Anybody else?

Do you have any idea how hypocritical this is? We already have the ability to sound like instruments that, according to your logic, we have no business being able to sound like.

Go on. Tell me that you can REALLY tell the difference between a real orchestra and a MIDI orchestra with some of the amazing sample libraries that we have today when used by some of the people out there who can program them to sound freakishly realistic.

So if we're going to take your "altruistic" view of things, we need to get rid of all of this stuff. The pianos, the drums, the bass, and ONLY use instruments that sound synthetic. Nothing that sounds like the real thing of any real instrument made.

Bunch of hypocrites. That's what you all are.
Bass, pianos, orchestra has nothing to do with this. Those things are made out of convenience and are more as an element in the whole piece of music.

Voice is something you born with and later on you develop it. Its not without a reason we have singers with great unique sounding voices.

Wags stop it, stop doing nonsense arguing because it will lead nowhere again. If you are not happy and want to rant about something, go on to twitter.

But if you cant afford a singer, try https://www.fiverr.com/ you can find there some great ones for cheap

wagtunes wrote:So we can put an end to the whole "Get a singer" talk, I'm just going to come out and say it.

I hate working with musicians. I've yet to have a good experience with one of them. Want to blame me? No problem. Blame me. I'm a miserable Scrooge, I hate people and people hate me and I couldn't care less. And no, my life isn't lonely and pitiful. I have my wife, my daughter, my future son in law and my church and that's all I need. I'm perfectly content doing music myself and have absolutely NO desire to work with others, EVER.

The other day, somebody actually PM'd me here asking to collaborate. And I was very honest with this person. I told him that I didn't collaborate and I explained why. The only reason I reconsidered (yes, I did) was because of his response. He actually understood how I felt. And his whole response actually made me think "What the heck, this might actually work out." But I only made that decision because of the amazing response I got. It floored me.

But I'll be damned if I'm going out into the real world and start looking for singers. That is NOT going to happen. Oh, and by the way, this person has NO problem with Vocaloid. In fact, he's impressed what I'm able to do with it.

Okay, so that's it. No more talk about working with singers. I have no desire to and never will.

Ever.

And that's why I prefer technology. It does what I want and doesn't talk back to me. I end up with songs that have a drummer, bass player, guitar player, keyboard player, singer and even a string section, just like this. And I don't have to pay them or deal with their personalities.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... temptation
If you hate people so much why you even are here at this community? At the other end of the internet cable (or wifi) we are people, people you hate so much. Seriously why are you even here?

You call us hypocrytes, bullies and other names but then you write this nonsense, pay attention to what you said in bold.
And that's why I prefer technology. It does what I want and doesn't talk back to me. I end up with songs that have a drummer, bass player, guitar player, keyboard player, singer and even a string section, just like this. And I don't have to pay them or deal with their personalities.
I could say the same about you, why are people on forums like you? where you have to read theyr bullshit and deal with theyr personalities on communities where people want to have normal discussions. Do you know how one-sided selfish you sound yourself? The reality is that we are people and we became civilized not because we separate from each other, but because we gathered in groups. If you cant accept that, that means this line of work is not for you. No ones fault you cannot communicate with people or deal with them.
Last edited by Elektronisch on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote:
Aloysius wrote:Why note make instrumental music instead?
I've made TONS of instrumental music in my life. If you don't mind, I prefer making music with words and vocals.
Then you know what you have to do if you really want a professional sounding voice in your music :?

Return to “Instruments”