Kontakt 6 - any rumors about release?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt

^
My predictionguess
I am betting on Kontakt 6 release will be included with K12.
No Kontakt 6 solo release for the benefit of Komplete owners.
K12 release later this month but no later than June 2018

If I am wrong it K12 will be released in September.
If I am really wrong then it will be 2023.

Komplete 12 will include Kontakt 6 and Absynth 6 or its replacement.

Why would NI spend any time/money on Kontakt? Sure there's minor stuff like larger GUI and keeping up with Windows and MACOS versions but apart from that isn't Kontakt a finished product? (just like Absynth, Fm8, Massive and all their other synths outside of the Reaktor platform.)

I wonder if Kontakt 6 will follow Falcon and Halion, adding multiple kinds of synthesis modules to become a hybrid workstation.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

LarsErik wrote:isn't Kontakt a finished product?
Far from it. :)

I wonder if Kontakt ever get a "modern" GUI :D
I personally like f.e. that Spitfire Audio gone without Kontakt for their latest big project.
Kontakt can really be great and offers a lot but for some reason i don´t like to work with it and hope more developers left it. The same is with Reaktor. Awesome possibilities but terrible workflow and GUI for me.

Kontakt did get a refreshed GUI in 5.6, but work on it is not yet complete (edit mode remained the same - but this one needs the most changes so that's why they didn't do it in a .x release - we'll likely see it updated in K6, whenever that happens).

Reaktor's GUI is great, tho.

That tiny Kontakt editor sucks bigtime. Emagic's EXS24 allowed for a full screen editing page for setting zones etc over 20 years ago. Why can't Kontakt standalone spawn an independent resizable instrument building screen. Developers - do they have any tools beyond what end users have?

I'm probably upgrading from Kontakt 3 to 5 this week. I'm dipping into the computer upgrade reserve for this. Please tell me Kontakt 6 with a nicer editor GUI won't be out this year...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

The up to 5 is worth it purely for the new filters IME. SonicCouture in particular has taken real advantage of this in their instrument and then sound design.

egbert wrote:That tiny Kontakt editor sucks bigtime. Emagic's EXS24 allowed for a full screen editing page for setting zones etc over 20 years ago. Why can't Kontakt standalone spawn an independent resizable instrument building screen.
It can. You can expand the mapping and wave editors in separate windows with their own sizes.

EvilDragon wrote:
egbert wrote:That tiny Kontakt editor sucks bigtime. Emagic's EXS24 allowed for a full screen editing page for setting zones etc over 20 years ago. Why can't Kontakt standalone spawn an independent resizable instrument building screen.
It can. You can expand the mapping and wave editors in separate windows with their own sizes.
It's easy to overlook this feature... for those still scratching heads:
kontakt editor.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

And then you can change the sizes A/B/C in the registry/plist, if you want it even bigger.

egbert wrote:Developers - do they have any tools beyond what end users have?
Don't they make scripts to compile all their shit for em so they don't have to do that?
Couple years back I coulda swore I saw a guy in a stream batch import a buncha samples and had em all auto-mapped to a crossfade thing just by running a script. Didn't even open the mapping editor at all...

But I dunno. Are compiler scripts a thing for kontakt or is my memory that f*cked up?

EvilDragon wrote:And then you can change the sizes A/B/C in the registry/plist, if you want it even bigger.
/plist - is that shorthand for preferencesb- ie something accessible inside the plugin GUI? Or are you actually talking using regedit for PC to set the size?

Regedit, 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5' here...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”