Your next hardware purchase (non guitar)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote:for one reason or another i need to spend a decent amount of cash soon or risk losing future cash, yes, im not legally allowed to save "cash" :lol:
so im in the process of deciding if i go eurorack, or do i carry on building up the pedalboard and add a loop switcher like the g2?
or both maybe :hihi:
That reads like a government job. Back in High School we had a high school radio station. The station was budgeted X amount of dollars. If the dollars weren't used the station would get less money the next year. Needless to say we had plenty of mic's, field records, turntables, cart machines and a few mixers (1970's)

My father at the same time worked for a large suburban city as the director of probation. Every year he'd have to do budget reports and then if he had money come near the end of year he'd have to spend it as quickly as possible.

If I were you I'd get a bitcoin account. It's trackable but not traceable. They can track that money is moving around but not trace it from the starting point till end point. If I had the money to start one I would.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

my next hardware purchase will be a Fuji X-H1

tapper mike wrote:
vurt wrote:for one reason or another i need to spend a decent amount of cash soon or risk losing future cash, yes, im not legally allowed to save "cash" :lol:
so im in the process of deciding if i go eurorack, or do i carry on building up the pedalboard and add a loop switcher like the g2?
or both maybe :hihi:
That reads like a government job. Back in High School we had a high school radio station. The station was budgeted X amount of dollars. If the dollars weren't used the station would get less money the next year. Needless to say we had plenty of mic's, field records, turntables, cart machines and a few mixers (1970's)

My father at the same time worked for a large suburban city as the director of probation. Every year he'd have to do budget reports and then if he had money come near the end of year he'd have to spend it as quickly as possible.

If I were you I'd get a bitcoin account. It's trackable but not traceable. They can track that money is moving around but not trace it from the starting point till end point. If I had the money to start one I would.
except im an individual, a private citizen. (im not a subject despite what that old bat thinks)

I might get another TG ONE.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

i may have to google that...

well, that may have added fuel to a fire from the question above :lol:

vurt wrote:well, that may have added fuel to a fire from the question above :lol:
erm, yeah, Sorry bout that. :lol:

you should get commission :lol:

Stop me before I spend again! :help:

I just bought an E-mu Emax SE. That was the second keyboard I ever bought back in the 80s, and I’ve always regretted selling it in the 90s. I cannot possibly rationalize this purchase except as pure nostalgia, but there it is...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

whyterabbyt wrote:
vurt wrote:well, that may have added fuel to a fire from the question above :lol:
erm, yeah, Sorry bout that. :lol:
how do tip top audio cases stand up to the competition? not that im set on them, but they came up in the search and it seems like a case might be a good starting point :hihi:
ill worry about size as i work out what i need for it to do what i want, with a few bits for extra bells n whistles :D

although, as an aside, im thinking a couple of arturia beatstep pros would be a good choice for sequencing, plus they would come in handy for a few other bits here without having to fire up a whole modular just for a seq.

Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

that looks lovely! if it sounds half as good youre on to a winner!!

deastman wrote:Stop me before I spend again! :help:

I just bought an E-mu Emax SE. That was the second keyboard I ever bought back in the 80s, and I’ve always regretted selling it in the 90s. I cannot possibly rationalize this purchase except as pure nostalgia, but there it is...
Unfortunately I'm not going to have that problem for the foreseeable future. Too many damn bills. Why oh why did I buy a car?
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

vurt wrote:how do tip top audio cases stand up to the competition?
No idea, Im afraid, all of mine are Doepfer cases. So linear power supplies, which is preferable to switched, but pretty utilitarian, especially the bare LC9. Im probably going to replace my 6U G6's with more LC9s, eventually.

https://www.musicstore.de/en_GB/GBP/Key ... -SYNMOSGEH

Foosnark's got a Mantis I think, you could ask him.

The new Marshall Origin 20W Head is what I intend to get when it arrives in end of april.
Not as the high gain DSL series, but rather clean and you have to press it a bit for a crunch(but there is a gain knob).
And price tag around €500 very affordable.

The basic amp I had in the late 60's and early 70's - but a 45W or 50W then.
But instead of having to make a Y-connector to both inputs - you now have a balance knob.
And you also have switch 20/5/0.5W by shifting anode voltage.
And effect loop as well - at -10 dBV with foot control on/off for effect loop and a boost feature about 10dB as well.

Since the regulator even handles power amp without speakers connected, as Marshall support assured me - the DI output with speaker emulation also goes on power amp. But have dummy reactive loads as well for silent operation and will see what sounds better.

Right up my alley, it seems.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”