The VSTi That I Would Pay $1,000 For

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Going off on wags off-topic is lame. Whether or not his sig suggests promotion of his soundsets is off-topic, period.

However:
melomood wrote: dictating how everything will be without any possibly positive influences from outside your own head?
Is food for thought. Or not. I'm a fairly imperious person, domineering and controlling. However as I said it's good to get other input. It isn't for me to judge how much money anybody else can get ahold of, of course, but with money _I_ like to get out from under my shell and get some performances from interesting people.

Anyway...

So in a public forum, people who see you all the time, Steven, have thoughts about thoughts. Sharing is caring, you know.
:hug:

Neon Breath wrote:This thread is disguised promotion actually.
Virtually every post Wags makes is disguised promotion in some way or another. If not directly, then leading up to yet another 'here's a track I made with X plugin blah blah blah yawn yawn yawn'.

I'm just bumping this thread for my own disguised promotion.

Thanks.

Best of luck in your search wags.

BlkAlbino wrote:I can't figure the logic behind paying anything(much less $1000) for a plugin (especially a vocal emulator) to make music that generates zero income. I can't even justify paying Sound Cloud $15 a month to post songs that I give away for free. Why single out vocals? Because unless you are mute everyone has a voice. Some vocalists are famous for the "character" of their voice not for their vocal range( Rod Stewart , Tom Waits etc.) Not to mention the "cookie monster" vocals of some punk/metal artists. Personally I'm put off by Wag's "Holy Grail" vocal plugin when there are tons of vocalists who would collaborate for free. If he actually found it how would he make it pay for itself? Make presets? Anyway if you're unhappy with your voice why not Auto Tune?
Again, 2 reasons why what you suggest isn't an option for me.

1. My voice is horrible. No amount of auto tune can change that.

2. I don't like working with others so getting a singer, paid or free, is also not an option for me. I prefer to do all my stuff alone.

That is why I want this VST so badly and will pay just about anything for it.

As far as not generating income, not everything is about money. For me, it's about having somebody listen to my music and say "Hey, that sounds pretty good" and not "That Vocaloid crap ruins the song."

That alone is important enough to me to spend $1,000 or whatever on this VST if ever it's made.

Robert Randolph wrote:I'm just bumping this thread for my own disguised promotion.

Thanks.

Best of luck in your search wags.
Hey Robert, just went to your site. Looks like a review site. Will definitely check it out. Might just end up getting me to buy something.

Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes I want a female vocal and well, I'm a guy.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:Sometimes I want a female vocal and well, I'm a guy.
That's another thing. My whole life I'd written songs only from a male perspective because it would sound pretty stupid me singing about how sometimes girls just need a night out. Now that I have the female Vocaloids, I'm writing songs that I would have never written years ago.

BlkAlbino wrote:I can't figure the logic behind paying anything(much less $1000) for a plugin (especially a vocal emulator) to make music that generates zero income.
What requirement to having a hobby dictates that it must be logical?
What requirement for having a hobby dictates that it must produce income?
People spend thousands of dollars a year to ride around in a little car, stop and hit a little white ball and get back in the little car and chase after where the little ball went to hit it again. And for 99% of those doing that there is zero income gained in the process. And there also does not seem to be much logic either.
But it is a hobby, so as long as it is enjoyable to those participating and the cost is worth it to them there is not need for monetary profit.

People keep telling Wags to sing.
Ever consider that perhaps for the songs in mind that the needed voice is not male?
If you are wanting the sound similar to an Adele or Whitney having a Don Williams sing it is not going to fulfill your vision of how the song should be.
Somewhat similar to wanting a shredding guitar solo in a metal track but using a kazoo. Just not the same impact.

As long as the software is not marketed as intentionally sounding like a specific person then there would be no real legal grounds for suit IMO.
Many people sound similar to others. Some even make profitable careers doing so. So long as they don't claim to actually be the person they are performing an impression of there is no real issue. Why would software assisting in this be any different?
Using software or other means to sound like singer X on an original composition is perfectly fine as long as you don't claim or imply to actually be singer X or use legally protected samples of singer X in the process.

Can anyone link a successful court case where a plaintiff claimed that the defendant spoke or sang too similar to the plaintiff even though the defendant never claimed to be the same person as the plaintiff nor recorded the same compositions as the plaintiff?
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

Frostline wrote:
BlkAlbino wrote:I can't figure the logic behind paying anything(much less $1000) for a plugin (especially a vocal emulator) to make music that generates zero income.
What requirement to having a hobby dictates that it must be logical?
What requirement for having a hobby dictates that it must produce income?
People spend thousands of dollars a year to ride around in a little car, stop and hit a little white ball and get back in the little car and chase after where the little ball went to hit it again. And for 99% of those doing that there is zero income gained in the process. And there also does not seem to be much logic either.
But it is a hobby, so as long as it is enjoyable to those participating and the cost is worth it to them there is not need for monetary profit.

People keep telling Wags to sing.
Ever consider that perhaps for the songs in mind that the needed voice is not male?
If you are wanting the sound similar to an Adele or Whitney having a Don Williams sing it is not going to fulfill your vision of how the song should be.
Somewhat similar to wanting a shredding guitar solo in a metal track but using a kazoo. Just not the same impact.

As long as the software is not marketed as intentionally sounding like a specific person then there would be no real legal grounds for suit IMO.
Many people sound similar to others. Some even make profitable careers doing so. So long as they don't claim to actually be the person they are performing an impression of there is no real issue. Why would software assisting in this be any different?
Using software or other means to sound like singer X on an original composition is perfectly fine as long as you don't claim or imply to actually be singer X or use legally protected samples of singer X in the process.

Can anyone link a successful court case where a plaintiff claimed that the defendant spoke or sang too similar to the plaintiff even though the defendant never claimed to be the same person as the plaintiff nor recorded the same compositions as the plaintiff?
Thank you. I owe you one.

Frostline wrote: People keep telling Wags to sing.
I understand why he doesn't and that's that.
I don't use my own voice because it's not good enough even for the half-spoken things I've written, IMO.
It was good FOR COUNTRY at one time but probably not even that, now.

I'm saying to the world that working with people may be better than everything in isolation. If one cannot stand that, it isn't for me to tell them what to actually do.

and lest I forget: CLICK ON THE LINKS IN MY SIG
BUY ALL THE THINGS
it's cheap. I'm cheap.

:lol:

jancivil wrote:and lest I forget: CLICK ON THE LINKS IN MY SIG
BUY ALL THE THINGS
it's cheap. I'm cheap.

:lol:
Now THAT'S funny. LMAO.

Thank you! I'll be here all week.
Be sure to tip your waitress... and try the veal!

jancivil wrote:Thank you! I'll be here all week.
Be sure to tip your waitress... and try the veal!
I can't eat veal. Chicken, turkey or fish and that's it. No beef, no pork, no lots of stuff. My diet is a snooze.

Return to “Instruments”