Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

As mentioned above currently i got both Anthology 1990 and Anthology 1993 installed which are sample libraries of the D-70 and JD-990.

While just playing with the "JP-Strings" preset in Anthology 1990 i added the 12dB BPF in the FX plugin version of Synapse Audio The Legend to add an analog modeled filter to this. Additionally i added Waves OneKnob Phatter to boost the low end a bit and also Lexicon MPX Native Reverb. In the Concerto plugin i also did changes to the Attack and Release times of the preset. The resulting sound is really nice IMO.

I did also try to use the multimode filter in the Concerto plugin which could give interesting results too even if this is not the same as using the filter in the original synth used for the samples.
By default those presets in the Anthology libraries have the filter in the Concerto plugin bypassed.

The point of why i am posting this is that such presets in sample libraries do not always have to be used "as is" but you could get nice reults with adding some external FXs which could also include an external filter like e.g. the FX plugin of The Legend. Like doen in my example you could also try using a BPF mode instead of the obvious and more common LPF. I am a fan of using BPFs since several years anyway.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Am I the only one who longs for a Roland JP8080 Trance synth number 1?
Beautiful pads and supersaw.

Im just setting up trial subscriptions, each time cancelling. I just cannot jsutify the cost for all the additional stuff I dont use. To be honest the drum machine is the only thing that actually appeals, guess IM going to miss out not paying £15+ per month for just one plugin (admittedlt I have a JV1080/JD800 in the rack).
They really need to revise this model as one size does not fit all!
Its annoying, will look at alternatives I guess :(

walker1 wrote:Am I the only one who longs for a Roland JP8080 Trance synth number 1?
Beautiful pads and supersaw.
Ye im the only one.

Lies. :wink:
Everybody wants it..
- WonderEcho -

Got to wonder how long before we see the TB releases along with mods...which prompted me to load up Re-Birth 338. So much free fun :)

Curiosity took over and I downloaded most of these for the 1mo trial.

I'm only using an old and humble i5 MBP from 2010 (with a new SSD, though), but I'm unable to use more than one instance of any Cloud instrument, before my CPU keels over and dies...?! For instance, a Juno 106 and a Jupiter 8. Therefore this is pretty useless to me.

Pretty much all my other plugins and sample-based instruments (like UVI) work fine in "multiples".

MFXxx wrote:Got to wonder how long before we see the TB releases along with mods...which prompted me to load up Re-Birth 338. So much free fun :)
I wager it's the next one after the 808 and 909. Other than possibly digital rompler synths in between. but i think the analog modeled instrument will be the 303. They must have been working on it in tandem with the drum boxes. And they already have the modeling from their digital hardware T-03 or whatever it's called.

Or maybe they'll take a break from new plugins and actually fix the GUIs of the ones they have already. Circular knob movement is insane. how do you even test that for bugs and no "what the F are we doing, who does circular knob control, this is wicked annoying".

Reading this, its hard to find positive comments.
Just trying the demo, and i think the stuff sounds amazing. Compared with diva, arturia, tal, the closest thing in terms of quality i compared against is actually omnisphere with the roland oscillators.
Tal u no sounds totally clinical compared to the cloud juno.
Cloud plugs sound very warm and special.
Yes the ui is crap, the rotaries are annoying, its a cpu hog ( can run about 6 of them on 2016 mbp) , but diva in divine mode is also the same if not worse.
I think it passes for this price of 215 usd for a plugin. Since they are very much high quality, would even say top of the line analog emulation.

Diva is not the same as it gives you different modes to deal with CPU usage, yet you can still render at highest quality.

U-NO is absolutely not clinical.

yonhorizon wrote:Reading this, its hard to find positive comments.
Just trying the demo, and i think the stuff sounds amazing. Compared with diva, arturia, tal, the closest thing in terms of quality i compared against is actually omnisphere with the roland oscillators.
Tal u no sounds totally clinical compared to the cloud juno.
Cloud plugs sound very warm and special.
Yes the ui is crap, the rotaries are annoying, its a cpu hog ( can run about 6 of them on 2016 mbp) , but diva in divine mode is also the same if not worse.
I think it passes for this price of 215 usd for a plugin. Since they are very much high quality, would even say top of the line analog emulation.
For $215 I expect a good sound AND a flawless UI.

I own both the Tal-Uno plugin and the Roland System-8.
To my ears, the Tal-Uno does not sound clinical compared to the System-8 Juno plugout.

cloud juno is 106, tal is juno-60, the hardware have quite different sounding oscs, and the software captures those differences well. I could see how someone might think the 60 is more clinical, though thats not how I would describe it. it is tighter, less fuzzy, than the 106. More punchy and better at bass, id say, but the 106 does have a beautiful creamy sound.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:cloud juno is 106, tal is juno-60, the hardware have quite different sounding oscs, and the software captures those differences well. I could see how someone might think the 60 is more clinical, though thats not how I would describe it. it is tighter, less fuzzy, than the 106. More punchy and better at bass, id say, but the 106 does have a beautiful creamy sound.
Exactly also my experience :tu:
For bass, I have a tendency to grab the Tal-Uno, for creamy pads, the Roland plugout.

PatrickW wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:cloud juno is 106, tal is juno-60, the hardware have quite different sounding oscs, and the software captures those differences well. I could see how someone might think the 60 is more clinical, though thats not how I would describe it. it is tighter, less fuzzy, than the 106. More punchy and better at bass, id say, but the 106 does have a beautiful creamy sound.
Exactly also my experience :tu:
For bass, I have a tendency to grab the Tal-Uno, for creamy pads, the Roland plugout.
Not directly related but concerning the Chorus in the Roland Cloud Juno-106 there were a lot of complaints in the past. If the Chorus is swithed on you could switch the annoying noise off with the "TONE" knob in the effects section (the Chorus is usually the first of the 3 effects there).
The depth/amount of Chorus could be adjusted there too. In the hardware this was only an on/off switch.

Last but not least the Roland Cloud Juno-106 plugin includes two full featured ADSR envelopes instead of only one in the hardware and the TAL U-NO plugin. IMHO this is a huge improvement.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I didn’t realize you could turn off that annoying chorus noise. Nice.

Return to “Instruments”