Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

That's related to the sf2.lua script. We have to check if it can be fixed. In the meanwhile converting to a less problematic format like SFZ could be a workaround.

thanks for info. i look in file and sf2 specs. pan have range of -500 upto +500 stand here

http://freepats.zenvoid.org/sf2/sfspec24.pdf

I see no scaling in the pan code in your script. this lines do it "z.mp_pan = sample_pan"
do bliss use then -500 - + 500 too as pan range ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Could be, I have asked for review, so will answer asap.

Has anyone used Bliss for sampling VSTs, and perhaps exported them as sfz files for use in Renoise, or Redux? I am looking at getting Redux because it lends itself to all kinds of glitchy goodness, and gee....it would be awesome to take advantage of Bliss' sampling capabilities, and combine it with Redux's sample chopping/modulation skillset. Then again, does Bliss have the ability to do the same thing with the ease of Renoise/Redux? I'm just not at home to check out the Redux demo side by side with Bliss right now (I bought Bliss a couple of weeks ago), and I just had one of those "a ha!" moments.

Hi. I am testing Bliss, I am very interest in the vsti recording.

I did not have success sampling some of the Vstis I would want to.

Madrona labs Kaivo and Alto plugins load but sampling doesn´t work.

New Sonic Arts Freestyle doesn´t load, "plugin does not accept midi in" message appears. AFAIK Freestyle has midi in.

Softube Modular loads and samples, but as SM does not have a preset browser I have to make the patch from scratch. I wonder if there is a way, inside bliss, to load preset banks for this kind of plugins with out its own browser.

I tested it on a macbook pro, MacOs sierra.

I think a easy to program feature is that the peak and notch filter can work with Q1 so you have a 2 Band EQ in Bliss which allow lots of new sounds and dynamic. currently the Q when use peak or notch filter is too high and band is too small. so sound ugly. With a new filter setting "Peak Q1", "Notch Q1" can get this more usefull. and resonance is simular as the level knob in a EQ in this mode. it is also possible to add more Filter Settings. "Peak Q.7" "Peak Q1.5" do all need and is also able to do formant forming
discoDSP wrote:Could be, I have asked for review, so will answer asap.
have you get some respone ?

No, Bliss developer has not provided an answer yet, sorry.

do they plan to enhance Bliss and add other new features ?. What about nore filters to use as an EQ ?. i think this is not much work. for example when have drum sounds, mostly the mid is boost when you hiz them harder. so when use mid peak Filter with Q 1 and boost when harder hit 5 db let sound it more dynamic.

from an ES32 discussion:

'Transform Multiplication: This function merges two sounds together in a unique way which can create many strange and beautiful sonic textures. Frequencies common to the original sounds are accentuated while uncommon frequencies are discarded.'

Can this be done in Bliss? Sorry if I've missed it in
the manual.
Cheers

glokraw wrote:from an ES32 discussion:

'Transform Multiplication: This function merges two sounds together in a unique way which can create many strange and beautiful sonic textures. Frequencies common to the original sounds are accentuated while uncommon frequencies are discarded.'

Can this be done in Bliss? Sorry if I've missed it in
the manual.
Cheers
LOL... are you referring to an EMU-ESI-32 hardware sampler? I still have one... collecting dust! That feature is not a real-time process and frankly is better suited for an audio editor or another app. I never found it to be all that great. It was too hit or miss to really bother since the process time was rather long.

If you wanna buy it for VSTi recording, don't do it, it's broken since the initial release and is still not fixed. I emailed the support multiple times, provided bug descriptions, they told me, they will fix everything in the next version, but it never happened. It was more than six months ago, maybe even a year ago at this point. There are crazy problems like the first note (C-2) not being sampled in synths like Bazille and many more. I ended up selling my license. This software is really broken.
Fernando Carvalho wrote:Hi. I am testing Bliss, I am very interest in the vsti recording.

I did not have success sampling some of the Vstis I would want to.

Madrona labs Kaivo and Alto plugins load but sampling doesn´t work.

New Sonic Arts Freestyle doesn´t load, "plugin does not accept midi in" message appears. AFAIK Freestyle has midi in.

Softube Modular loads and samples, but as SM does not have a preset browser I have to make the patch from scratch. I wonder if there is a way, inside bliss, to load preset banks for this kind of plugins with out its own browser.

I tested it on a macbook pro, MacOs sierra.

Hopefully this news will make George recuperate quicklier.

MusicRadar puts Bliss at no 9 of the best software samplers du jour

That's ahead of Direct Wave, EXS24, Simpler, Sampler, NN19 and NNXT

http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/ ... day-361804

Sucht999 wrote:If you wanna buy it for VSTi recording, don't do it, it's broken since the initial release and is still not fixed. I emailed the support multiple times, provided bug descriptions, they told me, they will fix everything in the next version, but it never happened. It was more than six months ago, maybe even a year ago at this point. There are crazy problems like the first note (C-2) not being sampled in synths like Bazille and many more.
Anybody tried the new feature in DirectWave (FL Studio 12.5):

"Channel Sampling Robot - (Right-click) any Channel and select 'Create DirectWave instrument' to turn any Channel, Patcher or Layer into a DirectWave bank/patch".

Does it work better worse than Bliss in that regard?

Numanoid wrote:
Sucht999 wrote:If you wanna buy it for VSTi recording, don't do it, it's broken since the initial release and is still not fixed. I emailed the support multiple times, provided bug descriptions, they told me, they will fix everything in the next version, but it never happened. It was more than six months ago, maybe even a year ago at this point. There are crazy problems like the first note (C-2) not being sampled in synths like Bazille and many more.
Anybody tried the new feature in DirectWave (FL Studio 12.5):

"Channel Sampling Robot - (Right-click) any Channel and select 'Create DirectWave instrument' to turn any Channel, Patcher or Layer into a DirectWave bank/patch".

Does it work better worse than Bliss in that regard?
Bliss isnt integrated into a DAW....so yes
Amazon: why not use an alternative

We have released Bliss 1.2 for Mac, Windows and Linux.

What's new
  • Removed License.dat copy protection.
  • Added option in the menu to disable logging.
  • Small improvements to mouse handling.
More information is available at Bliss page.
Registered customers can download 1.2 at Members Area.

Return to “Instruments”