The VSTi That I Would Pay $1,000 For

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Of what I know about Veal, Chicken and Fish,,,, It's best to avoid them. I'd get into greater detail in Hyde Park,
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

tapper mike wrote:Of what I know about Veal, Chicken and Fish,,,, It's best to avoid them. I'd get into greater detail in Hyde Park,
It's probably best to avoid everything but then what do you eat? Let's face it, the whole world is polluted.

YAAAAAS

You betta werk!

and if you can't make money off yer music you can always sell yer peanut butter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2vZcFOwgOk
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

One of the best SCTV skits
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

only version of Peter Pan I can even watch

I've never had veal. Seems kind of fancy.

Eating is disgusting. Although I could stand some chicken.

This is not for the OP, as I read he doesn’t like dealing with others. For everyone else though- I often prefer working on music by myself, as other musicians at times can be difficult to deal with, but I have to say that due to posting ads looking for singers many years ago, I’ve met several people who have become great lifelong friends and several others who have become great acquaintances over the years. Over the years working with others in music, I’ve also learned about my own faults in how I deal with others who think differently from me, and have made great strides in self improvement with that. In fact, the music compositions I’m most proud of in my 30 year music composing career are the pieces that I had singers, string players, etc. perform on my composition. As a strong believer in a Creator, I sincerely believe that God would want us all to work closely with one another, learning to work through our various personality differences....especially when it comes to our passions...such as creating music. Just my opinion though. :)
Last edited by quantum7 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

quantum7 wrote:This is not for the OP, as I read he doesn’t like dealing with others. For everyone else though- I often prefer working on music by myself, as other musicians at times can be difficult to deal with, but I have to say that due to posting ads looking for singers many years ago, I’ve met several people who have become great lifelong friends and several others who have become great acquaintances over the years. Over the years working with others in music, I’ve also learned about my own faults in how I deal with others who think differently from me, and have made great strides in self improvement with that. As a strong believer in a Creator, I sincerely believe that God would want us all to work closely with one another, learning to work through our various personality differences....especially when it comes to our passions...such as creating music. Just my opinion though. :)
There is no question about what you're saying. And when I was younger, I played in a band and has several co-writers. But nothing went smoothly and nothing lasted and at times, were just utter disasters. So as you get older, you get to the point where you just don't have the patience to work with others anymore. That's pretty much where I am. But absolutely, if you're young and have a relatively non volatile personality, working with others is great.

It just wasn't for me.

wagtunes wrote:
quantum7 wrote:This is not for the OP, as I read he doesn’t like dealing with others. For everyone else though- I often prefer working on music by myself, as other musicians at times can be difficult to deal with, but I have to say that due to posting ads looking for singers many years ago, I’ve met several people who have become great lifelong friends and several others who have become great acquaintances over the years. Over the years working with others in music, I’ve also learned about my own faults in how I deal with others who think differently from me, and have made great strides in self improvement with that. As a strong believer in a Creator, I sincerely believe that God would want us all to work closely with one another, learning to work through our various personality differences....especially when it comes to our passions...such as creating music. Just my opinion though. :)
There is no question about what you're saying. And when I was younger, I played in a band and has several co-writers. But nothing went smoothly and nothing lasted and at times, were just utter disasters. So as you get older, you get to the point where you just don't have the patience to work with others anymore. That's pretty much where I am. But absolutely, if you're young and have a relatively non volatile personality, working with others is great.

It just wasn't for me.
I’ll be 50 next year, but for me personally, working with others has become so much easier of late due to all the years behind me learning how to deal with such diverse people in a more positive and constructive way. Nothing has given me more gratification than writing music and having performers learn to understand my vision and perform it the way I envisioned. It does take work and patience, but I’ve found that things that are easily done are rarely as satisfying in the end. Of course, we all are different. :)

quantum7 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

It just wasn't for me.
I’ll be 50 next year, but for me personally, working with others has become so much easier of late due to all the years behind me learning how to deal with such diverse people in a more positive and constructive way. Nothing has given me more gratification than writing music and having performers learn to understand my vision and perform it the way I envisioned. It does take work and patience, but I’ve found that things that are easily done are rarely as satisfying in the end. Of course, we all are different. :)
The keyword being patience. I have none.

Not anymore.

:hug:

oh, and a serious question to follow the support above...

you've been posting your stuff in the café, i notice you include the lyrics.
how would you feel if someone with vocal chops approached you offering to sing after reading your lyrics?

As a child, I really thought old people with time became wise, mellow with wisdom and patience.

But nope, quite the opposite. The more I get older the more I realize old people are mostly a bunch of grumpy, grouchy and cranky winners.

And wagtunes pretty much admitted that.

vurt wrote:oh, and a serious question to follow the support above...

you've been posting your stuff in the café, i notice you include the lyrics.
how would you feel if someone with vocal chops approached you offering to sing after reading your lyrics?
I'd be thrilled. But you know what? People HAVE offered. So far, only 2 have come through.

Here's one guy who actually took my song and did his own version from scratch.

Here's the original.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... /no-signal

Here's his cover.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -version-1

But I have one guy who I've been waiting for like a year to do one of my songs.

so you can collaborate under the right circumstances :)
well, hopefully, someone will offer and come through.
could end up with a great partnership if you find the right person/people.

and tbh, id lose patience with someone after a year. i think that's normal.

Return to “Instruments”