VPS Avenger - can you drag drum sequences to MIDI in your DAW's piano roll?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Subject says it all.
Want to be able to drag the drums sequences to piano roll and play them likewise there.
Is it possible?

The arpeggitor and the sequencer can output MIDI data, but the drum sequencer may not be. This should still be implemented.

Anyone heard updates on this yet? I've been bouncing loop variations to audio as a workaround but this would be a time saver.

In the top left corner of the drum sequencer (above the note lane for B) is an empty spot. Right click there and you can export the sequence to a MIDI file.

Raketenbauer wrote:In the top left corner of the drum sequencer (above the note lane for B) is an empty spot. Right click there and you can export the sequence to a MIDI file.
Woot! Right on. That did it.

Does anyone know how this works in 1.4 ? Where you describe the empty spot is now a "clear" button which only (as the name says) clears the sequence, but no drag midi :-(. Could not find it in the "whats new" video nor in the manual :-(.

For a minute there i was all excited, exactly what i was looking for, then i read the last post. Tatanka how did you get on?
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

mitchiemasha wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:02 pm For a minute there i was all excited, exactly what i was looking for, then i read the last post. Tatanka how did you get on?
you can right-click in the drum sequencer and get the context menu to export midi.
You just have to right-click in the right place. Try doing it to the bottom right of the drum seq window in a gray space between the knobs and the drum seq notes.

Bansaw wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:09 pm you can right-click in the drum sequencer and get the context menu to export midi.
You just have to right-click in the right place. Try doing it to the bottom right of the drum seq window in a gray space between the knobs and the drum seq notes.
Thank you.

How about the arp sequences. I've been copying them out but an extraction would be so much easier. I was hoping for a folder with the midi files in.
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

mitchiemasha wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:37 pm
Bansaw wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:09 pm you can right-click in the drum sequencer and get the context menu to export midi.
Thank you.

How about the arp sequences. I've been copying them out but an extraction would be so much easier. I was hoping for a folder with the midi files in.
you cant import notes into the arp, but yhou can export them (record them) in your daw.
Sadowick on Youtube did a video on this a few months ago.

I'll check that out thank you.

Here's the video if anyone else is interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKM8YEt0laM

Works in Cubase too, simply select the midi track to receive from Avenger, turn off the other arps in Avenger if multiple. It's worth noting, the midi track won't record if you leave it set as 'All MIDI INPUTS', you have to select the right Avenger as the source for the midi track recording.

Can anyone tell me if it is also possible (SadowickProduction Video) to do the same in FL Studio 20
Thank you very much

Return to “Instruments”