Free Metronome VST with User-definable Click Patterns

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There’s a free metronome VST plug-in available here:

http://www.arsov.net/SoundBytes/SoundBy ... nstall.zip

It features user-definable click patterns and three levels of click intensity (downbeat, primary beat, secondary beat). It’s easy to use and easy to define your own click patterns for any time signature that has a power of two as the “numerator”. A short (3-page) PDF user manual is also in the zip file.

It requires a manual install, but it’s pretty trivial. Install instructions are in the zip file. There are Windows and Mac versions included for both 32-bit and 64-bit. The format is VST (2).

This is something I put together in conjunction with a SoundBytes Magazine review of Blue Cat’s Plug’n Script development platform upon which it was built. It was developed on Cubase/Windows7 and alpha tested with a fair amount of rigor. It has been lightly beta tested elsewhere but it has been successfully run with SONAR, both 64-bit and 32-bit and at least two other DAWs.

There are no plans for a commercial version, so use this version with my blessing. But if you encounter major problems (you probably will not, but no promises), an extensive amount of support will probably be unavailable.

Enjoy.

Just found this as it is exactly what I was searching.

Thanks very much

It is working very well on Windows 10 64 bit.
Thank you very much! actual there is no similar software available as far as I know.
All the best

Hi, This metronome is just what I need to help withour virtual choir. The problem I have is that Ardour DAW running on a PC doesnt load the VST. ?As far as I can see, I have copied all the fioles to the correct places and I have been able to install and see other VSTs. Has anyone else had this pronlem?

BTW - the built in metronome works well but I dont want a beep on every beat. The tune is in 6/8 and quite fast so I either want the first beat or beats 1 and 4. An alternative VST that allowed this would be helpful.

Thanks - Bob

This looks interesting. Thanks for the post!

BobMan wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:03 am Hi, This metronome is just what I need to help withour virtual choir. The problem I have is that Ardour DAW running on a PC doesnt load the VST. ?As far as I can see, I have copied all the fioles to the correct places and I have been able to install and see other VSTs. Has anyone else had this pronlem?

BTW - the built in metronome works well but I dont want a beep on every beat. The tune is in 6/8 and quite fast so I either want the first beat or beats 1 and 4. An alternative VST that allowed this would be helpful.

Thanks - Bob
I had some setup issues at first not getting instruction where folders must be.
As I recall under Documents part must the be there.

But a bit unclear to me, what should be folder under where plugins is and what under Documents\Soundbytes or whatever it was.

Modifying levels of clicks - I think I put under where plugin was - one of 48k and one for 44k. To me they were much to much the same level to be useful so modified in audio editor. The secondary I want much lower.

But writable stuff like own patterns must be under Documents part. Windows does not allow writing in plugin location.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”