Spire: Problems and trouble shooting help

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gino Cortesi wrote:I'm in FL Studio 12.5.1 using Spire 1.1.13 on Windows 10 64bit, and I need to enable fixed buffers for it to work properly.

If you use an Osc to modulate another, you get distortion unless you enable fixed sized buffers.

The patch notes state that this was addressed in 1.1.13, is anyone able to use Spire without enabling fixed sized buffers in Fl Studio?

I've added a test preset in the attached zip. If you load this, and play it with and without fixed sized buffers you will hear a big difference (if you can reproduce the problem).

Best regards,

Gino
Hi!

The build performance without the fixed buffer was improved. Unfortunately this does not fix the problem of incorrect sounding of some presets.

Spire 1.1.3 brings back the old problem: modulation wheel position is not saved with song (using old Cubase 5). This happened in previous versions, it was fixed, but now it came back. Many arrangements contain specific ModWheel positions which means they don't sound in v1.1.3 as they supposed to...

Can you fix this again?

frag wrote:Spire 1.1.3 brings back the old problem: modulation wheel position is not saved with song (using old Cubase 5). This happened in previous versions, it was fixed, but now it came back. Many arrangements contain specific ModWheel positions which means they don't sound in v1.1.3 as they supposed to...

Can you fix this again?
Hi! Please contact us via support@reveal-sound.com with detailed information.
Thanks!

vega555 wrote:
frag wrote:Spire 1.1.3 brings back the old problem: modulation wheel position is not saved with song (using old Cubase 5). This happened in previous versions, it was fixed, but now it came back. Many arrangements contain specific ModWheel positions which means they don't sound in v1.1.3 as they supposed to...

Can you fix this again?
Hi! Please contact us via support@reveal-sound.com with detailed information.
Thanks!
I will do that. But I can mostly repeat what I said here...
I was using v1.09 for a long time, now reverted to this version again.

Bug found in Stepper: When setting Begin Step before End Step. Like Begin 3 End 2. DAW will hang (tested in Ableton Live 10)

It does not hang instantly but after some time. I could reproduce this. Had Loop off. 1/16 length. Stepper modulation Main Volume

dermage wrote:Bug found in Stepper: When setting Begin Step before End Step. Like Begin 3 End 2. DAW will hang (tested in Ableton Live 10)

It does not hang instantly but after some time. I could reproduce this. Had Loop off. 1/16 length. Stepper modulation Main Volume
Hi! Please contact us via support@reveal-sound.com with detailed information about the problem.
Thanks!

I recently started having some problems with Spire 1.1 after updating Logic X to 10.4.

Ever since the update, I have been unable to load any .aupresets from Logic X with Spire 1.1. I cannot click the drop down menu, and select a preset and load it. When I try, nothing happens and the patch does not change in Spire. I can, however, click the drop down menu, and click load, and my Finder browser opens through Logic, and I can select the .aupreset file there and load through Spire. This works, but it's just really annoying having to load my presets like that.

Another issue is, and this is not only in Spire, but ever since the update to 10.4, ALL of my preset folders have been randomized. They use to be alphabetized, but now it's completely random and I don't know how to sort them back alphabetically.

I used to save my presets as .aupresets file via Logic, which I now realize may not be the best way to go as I have started to save them as just Spire presets.

I am wondering if there is a solution for loading the .aupresets properly in Spire, or if I have to do it the long way and resave them as .spf files.

Thanks.

AB69 wrote:I recently started having some problems with Spire 1.1 after updating Logic X to 10.4.

Ever since the update, I have been unable to load any .aupresets from Logic X with Spire 1.1. I cannot click the drop down menu, and select a preset and load it. When I try, nothing happens and the patch does not change in Spire. I can, however, click the drop down menu, and click load, and my Finder browser opens through Logic, and I can select the .aupreset file there and load through Spire. This works, but it's just really annoying having to load my presets like that.

Another issue is, and this is not only in Spire, but ever since the update to 10.4, ALL of my preset folders have been randomized. They use to be alphabetized, but now it's completely random and I don't know how to sort them back alphabetically.

I used to save my presets as .aupresets file via Logic, which I now realize may not be the best way to go as I have started to save them as just Spire presets.

I am wondering if there is a solution for loading the .aupresets properly in Spire, or if I have to do it the long way and resave them as .spf files.

Thanks.
Hi!

Since Spire works only with the built-in presets manager, we can not somehow change the work of Logic Pro presets manager (and other DAWs).
It seems that developers have changed something in Logic presets manager. There is a chance that they will fix this in the next update and everything will work as before.
If this does not happen, you'll need to resave all presets to .spf format one by one, step by step.

Thank you for understanding.

57 years ago in April 12, 1961 Yuri Gagarin became the first human to travel into space.
In honor of this historic date, we set a 57 USD discount on Spire until April 19!
https://reveal-sound.com/

Hello Spire developers,
in this new version 1.14 in automation all values in params shows in daw as numbers, it's possible to change this, as automation params work as prewious versions?

Pure-fire wrote:Hello Spire developers,
in this new version 1.14 in automation all values in params shows in daw as numbers, it's possible to change this, as automation params work as prewious versions?
Hi! Please contact us via support@reveal-sound.com
Thanks.

I don't have the fastest connection, but can someone explain what the three dots are doing there? Usually I can load any site within a minute, but your site keeps hanging forever it seems. I just laid my tab down and waited several minutes.. how long must I wait... 10 minutes.. 15 minutes..?

It's friggin annoying lol

Site works fine here... Did you try another browser?

AB69 wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:12 am I recently started having some problems with Spire 1.1 after updating Logic X to 10.4.

Thanks.
I just reported this issue to Reveal Sound too, Spire is the only plugin affected out of the many plugins I own. In Logic Pro X, aupresets don't load correctly with the latest version of Spire. Interestingly, the older Spire 1.0.20 works perfectly here.

I'm certain this is something that Reveal Sound can fix and I desperately hope they do because I much prefer using my DAWs preset manager, and did also do the same in Cubase when I used to use it.

Massive, Sylenth1, Serum, DUNE, Kontakt and various other plugins load and save aupresets perfectly, it's literally JUST Spire 1.1 which won't do this.

I've had Spire for a few weeks now, and I really like the workflow. Forgive my density, but the saving of custom presets seems a bit fiddly, or maybe I just haven't cracked the code yet. I've tried referencing the manual, but there really isn't a step by step guide, and when I think I've succeeded, the preset is gone when I reopen the bank. I'm sure this is user error, but can someone point me to a tutorial or more in-depth guide on how to do this?

I'm running a 2010 iMac, running Logic Pro 10.4

Thanks, Tom Milner

Return to “Reveal Sound”