Tunca - Heaven is out!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://analogobsession.com/ VST, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

I thought there were some very effective melodic ideas on the vocals and the tone / overall performance of the vocals is excellent.

But too many other elements just didn't work for me...

The general production is well done, but throughout the piece I felt that the choice of timbres could be improved...they didn't all blend effectively...possibly because too many of them are quite similar?

1 min 36 secs: this section seems seriously messy compared to the chilled vibe before it...doesn't work for me.

1 min 46 secs: Main ideas kick back in and it all seems slightly out of sync now?

2 min 28 secs or so: all seems to kick back into sync again?

3 mins 2 secs: keyboard solo kicks in for the final section...
Maybe a bit too long for a short pop song - over a minute!
Also for my ear, there are a lot of inappropriate note choices in this context - a simple pop song with such straightforward background harmonies. Rhythmically it's quite a lively well developed solo, but the note choices just don't work for me.

Apologies if that seems a bit negative over all?

ChamMusic wrote:I thought there were some very effective melodic ideas on the vocals and the tone / overall performance of the vocals is excellent.

But too many other elements just didn't work for me...

The general production is well done, but throughout the piece I felt that the choice of timbres could be improved...they didn't all blend effectively...possibly because too many of them are quite similar?

1 min 36 secs: this section seems seriously messy compared to the chilled vibe before it...doesn't work for me.

1 min 46 secs: Main ideas kick back in and it all seems slightly out of sync now?

2 min 28 secs or so: all seems to kick back into sync again?

3 mins 2 secs: keyboard solo kicks in for the final section...
Maybe a bit too long for a short pop song - over a minute!
Also for my ear, there are a lot of inappropriate note choices in this context - a simple pop song with such straightforward background harmonies. Rhythmically it's quite a lively well developed solo, but the note choices just don't work for me.

Apologies if that seems a bit negative over all?
Hi!

Thanks for your thoughts! Glad to hear! No matter negative or positive :phones:

My main style is not electronic based. This song is just for fun project. It's my first electronic/pop song. Just wanted to share it with people.

I know this song is not well produced and not even ready to publish but it's fine to me.

Second part of song is completely un-synced.Then synced again.

I can improve myself (about electronic music) with your thoughts.

Thanks!
http://analogobsession.com/ VST, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Return to “Music Cafe”