Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Bansaw wrote: Thanks. True, but all my macro knobs were used up with other stuff.
You can assign a button to that parameter. Button off = Mix 0, Button on = Mix n (n being the value you set in the mod matrix).

sircuit wrote:You can assign a button to that parameter. Button off = Mix 0, Button on = Mix n (n being the value you set in the mod matrix).
Got it. That works. For some reason in my mind I think of a button as simply an on or off switch. But here you can assign the value of "on" in the Mod Matrix as you say.

Having Parallel filters or in series would be awesome in Avenger I hope this is possible one day :)

New OSC module, please tease us, build up hype nao! Release date?

Chill mate, some didn't find out that there is a granular engine implemented. Too many features too fast don't help either.

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:New OSC module, please tease us, build up hype nao! Release date?
I'm well excited too mate!
Lets have some fun while we wait and try and guess what the new OSC will be.........

I think it might be a vocoder?

Although I really wish it would be a physical modelling OSC with exciter/resonator.

Or, it might be an analog OSC, which faithfully recreates the inaccuracies of the past (I hope its not this, id like to move forward with tech, not backwards)

Anyone else got any ideas?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Wait, I've got it!!!!

I recon it will be a wavetable editor.
I would love it to be this, something like Serum or Icarus, please.

a wavetable editor will come, too

but at the moment its something completely different. It has to do with guitars, chord detection and a lot of fun

msvs wrote:a wavetable editor will come, too

but at the moment its something completely different. It has to do with guitars, chord detection and a lot of fun
Oooh, thanks for the info, sounds fun.
Will there be exciter/resonator OSC to make guitar sounds? That would be cool, I recon it could be used for way more than just guitar also.
So glad to here there will be a wavetable editor on the way, that is great news!

Thanks for the hard work that goes into this synth, it is truly amazing!

no, its sample based "live" loops, following your chords, tempo and pitch. Difficult to explain, video soon

This is very exciting. I think using live loops is a great idea since essentially you would have a professional player included in your setup this way.

Good job msvs.

Bansaw wrote:
sircuit wrote:You can assign a button to that parameter. Button off = Mix 0, Button on = Mix n (n being the value you set in the mod matrix).
Got it. That works. For some reason in my mind I think of a button as simply an on or off switch. But here you can assign the value of "on" in the Mod Matrix as you say.
@msvs
On the other hand, for FX that don't have a mix knob (like the Equalizer) it would be nice to be able to switch that on/off with a macro button. Also, it might be useful to switch on/off a whole FX rack.
on-off.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MSVS would you consider a resonating OSC at some point in the future?

There is one in Falcon called "Pluck" and AAS have one called "Cromaphone"

The idea is that there is an "exciter" like a mallet, drumstick, finger, noise or even a sample.
This excites the "resonator" which can be a drum head, guitar string, wooden block, metal tube etc.

They are very flexible and can make sounds like guitars, marimbas, drums, pluck synths, tonal percussion etc.

It would be a great addition to Avenger when used in combination with the existing sound generators.

Would be great if you could consider developing it. There are not many of them around but they work really nicely (especially Pluck in Falcon) and if the same development went into it as the rest of the features in Avenger, I imagine it would blow the competition out of the water!

MSVS would you consider a resonating OSC at some point in the future?
sometimes I have the impression, people dont update :)
we have a new comb filter type, which does exactly this: resonating string simulations (when you send an impulse/click sample through it)
resulting in guitar/plucked like sounds. I even made an example video about this already here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRauxqg0jT0
On the other hand, for FX that don't have a mix knob (like the Equalizer)
on the very other hand, we are already working on a kind of mix knob for the Equalizer fx :)
But yes, we will also add the on/off as mod target, why not

Yes I am aware of the Comb Key filter. I have used it loads and love it. But I was looking for something a little more advanced. The comb filter is good for string sounds but that's about it. Some more physical modelling is more what I was suggesting. Different types of resonators can model drum skins/bodies, tubes, wood, metal, different shapes/materials etc etc.

Return to “Instruments”