Crust [pre-alpha]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

By the way, I enjoyed your demos as music.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

1eqinfinity wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:I think this baby might need some more fine-tuning before being unleashed out into the world.
Russel, that is precisely what "pre-alpha" in the topic name stands for ;)
Totally got that :wink:
Just giving you a heads up that there's still some issues, no worries here! :D

zerocrossing wrote:By the way, I enjoyed your demos as music.
Me too, great stuff!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5x16f0iahll0v ... g.mp3?dl=0

Code: Select all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5x16f0iahll0vdj/crustbug.mp3?dl=0
The plugin makes atonal buzz in FL Studio 11, Windows 10. This mp3 is playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with the default patch. Sounds like a buffer issue. When I turn on "use fixed size buffers" the plugin becomes silent.

is fantastic;)
quite unique beast.
the only request I have is a better clearer interface...
but the sound is BESTIAL!:)
thanks!!!!

thanks everyone for your feedback :)

Tried with the latest Ableton 10 Beta (10.0.2b6) on Mac. On first load into MIDI track, right channel spiked, stayed stuck, and could get only garbled sounds. Removed Crust from track and re-added it. Not stuck this time, but still mostly garbled sounds ...

Despite lack of function currently I do like the UI...

Good work. Looks promising.

Bill

Hello everybody!

I've updated Crust to v 0.7.3.
The update fixes silence, clicks and crashes in Live, Renoise and other hosts. At least on my test machines it does. Please let me know if you still experience any issues.
https://yadi.sk/d/hSoDCosq3U3QNF

Also I've rolled out standalone builds for Win & OSX as well as AU.
There are some issues with these that need more work. But some bug reports might be helpful.
- AU may not work on OSX 10.13 and latest Logic
- Win standalone might require app restart after audio and midi configuration change
Mind that for standalone you sometimes need to go to menu and choose the right audio output.

Have a nice weekend!

Neat. Thanks. I'll check this out asap. I love ribs.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Works for me know. Love it already! ;)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Quick heads up that this now works in Ableton Live 9. What an intriguing little instrument this is. Really surprising to see a true original in the 'virtual analog' space. Getting some superbly bendy tones out of this. Really fun playing around that stable/unstable area and going from one to the other. Thank you!

Just had a play with this in Renoise and it now seems to be working perfectly, great synth indeed!

The amount of oscillator settings and interactions give this synth a lot of personality. The buzz glitch is fixed and now there's only a bit of latency (FL Studio 11 32bit, Win10). Will the delay be fixed later as well?

1eqinfinity wrote:I've updated Crust to v 0.7.3.
The 64bit VST of this version works fine in Win10 in the following hosts:
  • FL Studio v.12.9.4 [build 368] (x64)
  • Image-Line MiniHost Modular v.1.6.0 (x64)
  • Zynewave Podium v.3.3.0 (x64)
i notice that there are 4 audio inputs to Crust. Are these stereo pairs, or each channel of stereo pairs?
ie.
in 1 = 1L & 1R
in 2 = 2L & 2R
in 3 = 3L & 3R
in 4 = 4L & 4R
or
in 1 = 1L
in 2 = 1R
in 3 = 2L
in 4 = 2R

Also, it seems the case that audio input is passed through to the plugin's output, as well as providing modulation source.
1eqinfinity wrote:Have a nice weekend!
Beaut sounding synth, 1eqinfinity. Thanks, and have a nice weekend too!

Thanks for the reports everybody!
pilotredsun wrote:there's only a bit of latency (FL Studio 11 32bit, Win10). Will the delay be fixed later as well?
Hmm, the latency should be zero actually. Could you describe it in more detail please? Is the latency always there or it depends on something? Does it change with the change of the OSC envelope attack value?
levendis wrote:Are these stereo pairs, or each channel of stereo pairs?
Yes, they are stereo. FM will use L for OSC1 and R for OSC2, and AM will use both chanels since AM is done in stereo.
levendis wrote:Also, it seems the case that audio input is passed through to the plugin's output, as well as providing modulation source.
Thanks for pointing this out. So that's the thing:
- The framework I use has the rule: if a plugin is an instrument, it passes the incoming audio through.
- Every host manages routing the way its developers want. Some will add the signals routed to the plugin on top of the plugin's output. Some will not.
- It is possible to remove the routed signal from the main output by substracting it, when needed. Crust does it for the hosts I tested it with.
- I don't have all existing hosts installed on my system, and it is impossible to predict all the future hosts' changes.
The bottom line is: the next update will contain a manual setting for substracting the input signals. This is the most flexible way of handling the issue, I think :)

Return to “Instruments”