Swedish DJ Avicii Dead at age 28

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kelvyn wrote:And to fluffy... who made you the arbiter... if people want to share their commiserations then it’s their prerogative.
If fluffy can find a way to piss on something, he will.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
kelvyn wrote:And to fluffy... who made you the arbiter... if people want to share their commiserations then it’s their prerogative.
If fluffy can find a way to piss on something, he will.
If wr can find a way to demonstrate his 'superiority', he will.

Spencer Maddox wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:While he was well known within the EDM scene, I bet the vast majority of the general population had never heard of him. When Michael Jackson or Frank Sinatra died, almost everyone knew who those were, modern "stars" on the other hand have a rather limited scope.
I respectfully disagree.
Many non edm people have been talking about his death today.
Avicii was all over the mainstream radio with multiple charting tracks.
People knew who he was.
Sadly the same was not true for the recently deceased Cecil Taylor, couldn't even see an obit on BBC news and certainly not two seperate articles plastered over the front page.

blowhard time wrote:If wr can find a way to demonstrate his 'superiority', he will.
With you here, it doesn't really need demonstrating.

Dunno, but there is a big difference between 'insensitive' and 'indifference'. This thread is the living proof of that supposition; people are as sensitive as they are ever!

TBH, i never really saw the point in such condolescence threads anyway. I mean, it's not like anyone of importance to him will take note anyway. If anything, then it's pretty shocking for me that someone dies at the age of 28. I didn't know him, or anyone related to him. Even if i liked, or were a fan of his music, i wouldn't know how it would be more significant to me, as if someone else on the world died, who wasn't as popular, didn't have as much money, and wasn't seen as "important" as Avicii. Sorry if that comes over as cold hearted, it's just the way i feel about it. Of course, i'm sorry for his family, but, what does it matter really? I can't see how any of this would be any relevant to anyone in his "circles".

chk071 wrote:TBH, i never really saw the point in such condolescence threads anyway. I mean, it's not like anyone of importance to him will take note anyway.
I don't think this is about that, condolences are just for people to express their own grief/feelings and pass on how that person touched them in their lives. It has a 'processing' function.

chk071 wrote:TBH, i never really saw the point in such condolescence threads anyway.
Clearly they're for people who like to disrupt condolence threads.

whyterabbyt wrote:
chk071 wrote:TBH, i never really saw the point in such condolescence threads anyway.
I surely wouldn't have done so, if it wasn't for people criticizing a lack of "sensitivity", which is a bit weird for me, unless you personally knew the person, or you're related to the person, or whatever. Is the relationship to someone you never met in person, but only saw on TV, on the newspaper, or maybe saw him live really that deep that you take offense in that?

I know nothing of his work, but he was obviously popular and respected by those in his field, and 28 is no age to go.

The nutnecks being arsey in this thread would do well to remember the sentiments expressed by the poet John Donne in, 'No Man is an Island';

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

When it does, 'toll for thee', I'm sure your nearest and dearest would be pleased to know that some knobs on the internet have at least had a bit of fun being snarky and oh so clever about your passing.

This thread is not meant as a discussion about condolence threads afaik. I think that's the whole point. Which causes some confusion amongst certain members it seems. Lack of common sense?

I honestly think a lot of the bitter/rude people are just jealous of his success he had.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Never heard of him, but I am an old fart. Anyone can die from alcohol poisoning if they ingest too much too quickly. Alcohol kills more people than all illicit drugs combined, iirc. Anyways, RIP.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

chk071 wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
I surely wouldn't have done so, if it wasn't for people criticizing a lack of "sensitivity", which is a bit weird for me, unless you personally knew the person, or you're related to the person, or whatever. Is the relationship to someone you never met in person, but only saw on TV, on the newspaper, or maybe saw him live really that deep that you take offense in that?
I couldn't care less how sensitive (or not) you happen to be. It's just one of those unspoken 'rules', in threads such as these, that if you've got nothing worth saying then just shut the shit up.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Someone has to add something beyond the pointless "RIP xyz" posts. Neither the thread title nor the opener even says this is one of those silly 5-minute virtual online-mourning RIP threads about someone one didn't even know personally.

But go ahead, knock yourselves out in the usual RIP quagmire, I am out...
:roll: what a nasty disrespectful attitude. You should be ashamed.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”