Why no Moog Source VSTi?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Halonmusic wrote:I think all moog synths sound the same anyway.
So you've never heard an Opus 3 or a Sonic VI.

I don't care much about the typical Moog sound, but it looked nice. Those membrane buttons were a good idea, and popular for some time, Rhodes Chroma, JX-8P, DX7, Matrix 6.
1981, hm, maybe the Source was the first synth to have such buttons...

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

The Liberation would be a challenge in terms of GUI :hihi:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Those membrane buttons were a good idea...

You're joking, obviously.

I dont know anyone who has a synth with those that hasnt had to replace them at least once. They are a nightmare.

fluffy_little_something wrote:The Liberation would be a challenge in terms of GUI :hihi:
Should be close to this. http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... te&id=2099

And ya I loled about membrane buttons being good too! :hihi:

AnX wrote:

I dont know anyone who has a synth with those that hasnt had to replace them at least once. They are a nightmare.
Sure, but the idea was good, a closed surface, no dirt, beer, drugs etc. entering...

I have never been very enthralled by the Source. I loved much more the Prodigy, which had more or less the same internal features but in my opinion a much better sound... and a conventional panel with knobs much more handy. There was no patch memory in the Prodigy but it was much more enjoyable.

It is of course only my humble opinion (but having known both).
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

SMH wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:The Liberation would be a challenge in terms of GUI :hihi:
Should be close to this. http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... te&id=2099

And ya I loled about membrane buttons being good too! :hihi:
I meant most of all the ribbon control, it must be hard to implement in a user-friendly way on a GUI.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
AnX wrote:

Sure, but the idea was good, a closed surface, no dirt, beer, drugs etc. entering...
Fundamentally the idea was even very good. But it had been very badly materialized when designing the panel for the musician. Let's say that it was a sort of first try. The idea has been reused in a much better way later with other synths (and by other brands also).

BlackWinny wrote:
AnX wrote:

Fundamentally the idea was even very good. But it had been very badly materialized when designing the panel for the musician. Let's say that it was a sort of first try. The idea has been reused in a much better way later with other synths (and by other brands also).
A touch screen would be great for emulating them :hihi:

BlackWinny wrote:
AnX wrote:

A touch screen would be great for emulating them :hihi:
The best emulation ever :hihi:

Winstontaneous wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:I think all moog synths sound the same anyway.
So you've never heard an Opus 3 or a Sonic VI.
No I haven't. Don't get me wrong, im not saying Moog synths sound bad or anything. In fact they do sound good, it's just that they sound a bit 'same-y' to me.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:Don't get me wrong, im not saying Moog synths sound bad or anything. In fact they do sound good, it's just that they sound a bit 'same-y' to me.
Ok, that's different than your claim that they sound "the same" then. ;)

chk071 wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Don't get me wrong, im not saying Moog synths sound bad or anything. In fact they do sound good, it's just that they sound a bit 'same-y' to me.
Ok, that's different than your claim that they sound "the same" then. ;)
Yeah sorry. Btw it would be cool if someone made a source emu though
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”