Swedish DJ Avicii Dead at age 28

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yep, way too young.
Although I didn't know many of his tunes, he certainly had a major influence on the generation younger then my own.

In passing, I tend to stay clear of such threads at KVR because of the high probability of someone hijacking such a topic, and a reaction to that, rather than a decent focus upon someone's passing.
I remember how a similar thread (I believe it was the David Bowie thread) here was also partly derailed by rather unnecessary comments towards the man.
(And I had, genuinely, considered starting a similar thread last week for British celebrity Dale Winton, a man who always tried to be upbeat despite being dealt terrible blows in his early life - but, regardless of anything else, it would probably have only attracted a couple of replies from fellow Brits anyway).

See what one troll can do? Let's no feed the troll(s) anymore by commenting on hateful posts, here and other threads about people passing.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

:tu:
Hink wrote:See what one troll can do? Let's no feed the troll(s) anymore by commenting on hateful posts, here and other threads about people passing.
:tu: Exactly!
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
chk071 wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
chk071 wrote:TBH, i never really saw the point in such condolescence threads anyway.
Clearly they're for people who like to disrupt condolence threads.
I surely wouldn't have done so, if it wasn't for people criticizing a lack of "sensitivity", which is a bit weird for me, unless you personally knew the person, or you're related to the person, or whatever. Is the relationship to someone you never met in person, but only saw on TV, on the newspaper, or maybe saw him live really that deep that you take offense in that?
I couldn't care less how sensitive (or not) you happen to be. It's just one of those unspoken 'rules', in threads such as these, that if you've got nothing worth saying then just shut the shit up.
Ok. Then practice what you preach, brother. ;)

chk071 wrote:Then practice what you preach, brother. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxIiPLV ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Hink wrote:See what one troll can do? Let's no feed the troll(s) anymore by commenting on hateful posts, here and other threads about people passing.
Thank you. :tu:

Didn't listen to his music, but seeing the artists he collaborated with and what they have been saying about him he seemed like a nice enough person.

From the BBC article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43845137
In 2012, the DJ embarked on a 27-date US House for Hunger tour, pledging $1m for the hunger relief charity Feeding America.

"I discovered when I started making money that I didn't really need it," he once said. "When you have such an excess of money you don't need, the most sensible, most human and completely obvious thing is to give to people in need."

He also supported other causes. In 2015, he tackled the issues of human trafficking and gang violence when he directed the videos for his tracks For a Better Day and Pure Grinding. "All the songs have a story I wanted to tell," Avicii said.
RIP Avicii

Thanks for sharing that quote above. Admirable statement.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

not a fan of his music, and modern electronic dance

but rest in peace, Avicii, may the god find good place and good use for your music and your DJ skill on heaven
My new synth1 bank "Star-nam"

available on kvraudio! Grap it!

We lost a brother, the music bizz is smaller than some may think.

Anyone who spends their days locked in a studio making music for people to enjoy and doesn't spread hate gets my respect

RIP DJ Avicii young lion.

Meaningful video. He knew something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq-knHXSKYY
Last edited by tooneba on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

---

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:His family have revealed that he committed suicide. Poor guy.
That's very sad. Tough for the family :(

fluffy_little_something wrote: Being different is fine with me, but deliberately destroying one's one and only body is just silly, sorry.
fluffy_little_something wrote:Yes, some people are just off, poor them...
Just in case anyone was unsure as to how much of an insensitive, ignorant prick you are, thanks for the clarification.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”