What is the most stupid thing you've ever done with music gear/computer etc?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hink wrote: I apologize in advance for how you are going to take this but I can put it no other way, what happened to me, what happened to you does not give us license to be abusive to others. GS said nothing wrong, I see in no way was he being malicious and there is no reason to be jumping down his throat.

Did GS know about your foot?
Nope, and thanks. I was really calling out Jace for inferring that someone, who is not here to defend himself, is necessarily an asshole for not holding onto belongings for months. Regardless of the circumstances, I'm not jumping on board with that.

jancivil wrote:"please remember we are all contemporaries, peers, in this together and not enemies."

That's rich, given the context. THERE IT IS. It's me you feel needs to see that, never ghettosynth; after all the abuse which is still here to see it's me needs to see that. And don't even condescend to me, I'm aware.
That's because you fail to recognize how abusive you are. Look above where you couldn't resist calling me a name. Or in the thread discussing music influence where you couldn't resist asking someone which "asshole" that they lived in. You are quick to cry victim at the slightest perception of offense but are remarkably blind to how much vitriol that you spread here daily.

I'm sure that you even still expect that somehow I still owe you some empathy. Start being nicer to others and you might earn it. I don't owe you anything. This is a conversation about gear and software and mistakes. If you can't keep it at that level, maybe it's not for you.

This thread has certainly fallen off the rails. Crashed into the sea. Caught Fire. Then evaporated into space.

Anyway I got a replacement for the mic, I removed one of the wires from the capsule bit so it just looked like a dodgy connection. And Aphex Twin beat me in recording the sound by about 5 years -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sort2m3H3dc

mcbpete wrote:This thread has certainly fallen off the rails. Crashed into the sea. Caught Fire. Then evaporated into space.
Right! Jesus H. Christ!!!
Anyway I got a replacement for the mic, I removed one of the wires from the capsule bit so it just looked like a dodgy connection. And Aphex Twin beat me in recording the sound by about 5 years -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sort2m3H3dc
Don't let that stop you. Pro tip: It doesn't have to go all the way in to the effect that you desire.

...sometimes, it's not you, it's them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icZZKMAnjRQ

Ghettosynth:

Prior to reading your passive-aggressive comments in jancivil's song posting thread in 2012, I perceived you as arrogant (but knowledgeable) and unwilling to accommodate fellow human frailty (but not necessarily out to do harm).

After seeing your passive-aggressive comments back in 2012, my perception changed dramatically.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

Per the nature of the language used, I cannot be sure this is what you're doing (and it can be done unconsciously, just as passive-aggression can be unconscious). Still, it's worth pointing this out, because it's a thing, and, from where I'm watching, it looks like you're doing it.

If you aren't gaslighting, you're at least seemingly disinterested in empathizing with others; wanting to take no responsibility for what your words inspire in them.

I know everyone wants to treat the internet like a lawless terrain where human emotion somehow equals weakness or vulnerability, and it's very popular to claim that no one is responsible for the behavior of others... but that's all just one big emotionally/socially ignorant meme. It is the preferential attitude of careless people and it does not match the reality of society.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:Ghettosynth:
Dude, take your drama elsewhere.

please everyone stop or take it to pm...anything else along this line is gonna get deleted
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Aloysius wrote:My car was being chased by snoop doggy dog, so I threw my laptop at him and escaped unharmed. Unfortunately I never got my laptop back. I know he used the demos on my laptop for his second album but I can't prove it.
Woah what are you being serious? I need to hear more about this story if so lol.

Had a somewhat similar analog to this with MMG. Got into music event planning where we were lining up a lot of b-list acts and got mixed up with some really bad types. At one point an A&R guy at MMG basically kidnapped the lead coordinator and held him hostage until we wired a couple thousand $$ to a bank account. It was f**king surreal.

Will never f**k with music at the hip-hop level again like that. f**k that noise, lot of those people are f**king psychopaths/rapists/pedophiles/murderers.
Last edited by rifftrax on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

i recorded from my laney combo line out with the speaker unplugged. i was trying to use it as a pre amp and avoid waking everyone else up.

the strange thing is from what ive read this is supposed to immediately wreck your amp, and i did this for hours with no problem and only later after reading not to do it did i notice my amp no longer worked

I had a really nice and somewhat expensive cassette tape recorder as a mixdown deck. One night I was really blasted on vodka and tried to play a cracked, battered, taped-together, left-in-the-sun-on-a-dashboard copy of Hendrix's Electric Ladyland, which it just could not do.

I picked up a high-powered pellet gun and did a recreation of Elvis and his TV.

Then I unplugged it and chucked it out the front door. Went outside and stomped on it. Then I threw it across the road.

:clown:

I haven't drank hard liquor to excess since (1989).

The other candidate for stupidest was sometime in the early 90's I took apart almost every foot pedal I owned (I was no Adrian Belew, but I had a decent collection of maybe 2 dozen pedals) in a project to combine them into a rack-mounted box with a patchbay. I was going to name it The Evilfex

It was going along okay until multiple moves and a lack of focus caused me to stall on the project until eventually it all ended up in a box which was lost in one of the moves (or my wife threw out).

On the upside, I apparently did learn from my dumbass moves since I have done far less stupid things in the 25+ years since.

kamalmanzukie wrote:i recorded from my laney combo line out with the speaker unplugged. i was trying to use it as a pre amp and avoid waking everyone else up.

the strange thing is from what ive read this is supposed to immediately wreck your amp, and i did this for hours with no problem and only later after reading not to do it did i notice my amp no longer worked
It won't necessarily immediately wreck your amp. It depends on how the output stages are designed and what you're plugging it into and how you're plugging it in.

Did it start smoking?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”