Demo restrictions?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm demoing RapidComposer for a couple of days now and after watching some tutorial videos I looked for the melody generator but couldn't find it in the demo (whether choosing the full or the light version mode).
What besides saving and exporting are the restrictions of the demo version?
RapidComposer is a really great and inspirational piece of software as far as I can see now.

Cheers,
tl.

Hi tl,

right, none of the melody generators are in the demo version.
These are the exact limitations of the demo:

File export is disabled in the demo version. The VST plug-in does not restore its state. "Melody Generator" and "Random Melody Generator" are excluded. In the full version there are twice as many chord progressions, and 2 additional rules: Pop Major Scale Rules, and Pop Minor Scale Rules.
The demo version works for 30 days. This period restarts with each new update.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote: In the full version there are twice as many chord progressions, and 2 additional rules: Pop Major Scale Rules, and Pop Minor Scale Rules.Attila
Does this apply to both versions, LE and Pro?

Yes, the LE version also has the additional rules and progressions. The "Pop" rules are more detailed and contain much more chords than the other rules.
Thanks,
Attila

Yes. Attila, in addition to yesterday's my post ...
But not on the topic of the percussion generator (probably he already bored you)))
From the scale browser are not dragged scales on the master track (
But chords from the chord browser are dragged on the master track perfectly!
Thank you.

Hi lulukom,
I'll reply to your post in the Beta discussion topic.
Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:Yes, the LE version also has the additional rules and progressions.
Thanks for the clarification. In the shop it states for LE .... all updates until v3.99  but not for Full edition. Does that mean lifetime updates if I bought Full?

No, "all updates until v3.99" also applies to the full edition.
I did not want to list all the "Light Edition" features under "Full Edition" so that is why I wrote "Light Edition Features +"...
There will be a 12-month grace period before v4.0, when customers get the v4.0 upgrade free of charge.

I want to try the demo BUT, there are NO feature comparison charts on the website. So I don't know what is offered in Melodya, Or Rapid Composer, or if they have similar features, and if they have similar features... I assume that Rapid Composer would be the one with most because it costs more, but they may do completely separate things.

I hate that I may miss the discount on what could be an AMAZING set of products... But how can I or anyone possibly know without a feature list of all of the company's similar products on a single page, listing all of the features, with tick marks showing which features go with which products? This is the standard practice because this practice is functional, is clear, and it works.

I would do the demo, but I would not have any Idea of what I should be expecting, and that's what a demo should do, allow us to test what we expect based upon what we are clearly informed of... I am not seeing any clear explanation of products, features, or differences.

:-(

Hello sekrit_studios,

thank you for your post!
Melodya functionality is fully integrated into RapidComposer as the "Melody Editor" tab. So it is part of RapidComposer, but is also available as a plug-in format which is convenient for users who need a simple but powerful tool for melody creation.

The demo versions are fully functional, except for file export, and the plug-ins do not restore their states when used in a DAW.
In the unlocked RapidComposer version there are twice as many chord progressions, and 7 additional chord progression rules: Pop Major Scale Rules, Pop Minor Scale Rules, Dorian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Phrygian, Aeolian rules.

Thanks!
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:20 am Hello sekrit_studios,

thank you for your post!
Melodya functionality is fully integrated into RapidComposer as the "Melody Editor" tab. So it is part of RapidComposer, but is also available as a plug-in format which is convenient for users who need a simple but powerful tool for melody creation.

The demo versions are fully functional, except for file export, and the plug-ins do not restore their states when used in a DAW.
In the unlocked RapidComposer version there are twice as many chord progressions, and 7 additional chord progression rules: Pop Major Scale Rules, Pop Minor Scale Rules, Dorian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Phrygian, Aeolian rules.

Thanks!
Attila
Thank you so very much for your response. I am also struggling trying to figure out how to use my 3rd party VST instruments in the demo (For example, Pianoteq pianos and Spitfire libraries... are there limits to this as well? Or am I simply failing to find how to use them?

You can add your VST instruments under the Settings / VSTi tab. Once added, you can choose them as a track instrument.
Note: it is not a good idea to scan your plug-in folder, just add what you really need.

Thanks,
Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”