Just wanna give a quick recommendation

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've recently been using Soundop from Ivosight for mastering, only using the effects inside, and the results are fantastic. It would be awesome to hear opinions and tests on Soundop. Maybe this is a new goto mastring tool, maybe not?

http://ivosight.com/soundop/download/

I'm writing a review for it later in some days or week.
Johnny Wishoff - Noforix

Producer - Composer - Mixing - Mastering

Seems to follow a lot of similar GUI conventions to Zynewave Podium. Somewhat interesting.

Complete rip of Adobe Audition - just grey. Hardcore ripoff looking at the GIU shots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm44lkqNdVc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UsfuZjnD8g

VS

http://ivosight.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... s-pane.png

EVERYTHING in it, from the shape of the tabs to the render of the waveform images, to the internal plugin layout. This is an Audition clone.

Well, i can't disagree, it does look like Audition, but isn't every DAW some kind of rip of in some way? I don't see it as a problem if the tool has something new to offer. Soundop has just added Mid-side spliiter and parallel fx group effects/plugins, which is excellent, i can't remember if Audition has that, as it has been some time since last Audition visit? Soundop is also very light weight, super fast boot up and overall usage, i think i recall Audition not to be that snappy at boot up, and besides that, the price is a story of it's own.

I'm not trying to defend Soundop, but i think the critics and negative comments should be at least fair :)
Johnny Wishoff - Noforix

I would love a stand alone Audition clone

Wishoff wrote:isn't every DAW some kind of rip of in some way?
No.

jancivil wrote:
Wishoff wrote:isn't every DAW some kind of rip of in some way?
No.
Ok not every DAW, someone has to be the first :)
Johnny Wishoff - Noforix

Debutante wrote:Complete rip of Adobe Audition - just grey. Hardcore ripoff looking at the GIU shots...
EVERYTHING in it, from the shape of the tabs to the render of the waveform images, to the internal plugin layout. This is an Audition clone.
Although it is considerably smaller size to Audition which is itself a clone of CoolEdit pro. it isn't full of bloat as Audition is..

inkwarp wrote:Audition which is itself a clone of CoolEdit pro
Audition isn't a clone of Cool Edit Pro, it is Cool Edit Pro :D

quite...
though i would be interested in opinions about it.
total installation was about 9MB?!.. suddenly i have got a version of CoolEdit again after all these years. having something other than soundforge is useful. seeing as it allows multi track editing AND it has some basic spectral editing. good luck to developer i say : )
ya-boo sucks to adobe

if it has a good engine id be intersted. nothing wrong with a clone. i prefer adone but their shit got screwey so bollox to them (subscription).

i installed this yesterday. opened it today, or tried, it says it is corrupt and will not open
this on win7 32bit.
so much for art...

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
inkwarp wrote:i installed this yesterday. opened it today, or tried, it says it is corrupt and will not open
this on win7 32bit.
so much for art...
Sorry for the crash, can you send the crash dump file located at User\AppData\Roaming\Ivosight\Soundop\Soundop.dmp to support@ivosight.com (mailto:support@ivosight.com).

Thanks.

hi
Sorry i had uninstalled by the time i saw your post.
i may reinstall again tomorrow. i'll give you a shout after that.

inkwarp wrote:hi
Sorry i had uninstalled by the time i saw your post.
i may reinstall again tomorrow. i'll give you a shout after that.
Thank you. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”