New Rob Papen synth : Go2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Go2

masterhiggins wrote:
rod_zero wrote:they need to invest more in GUI design.
Ikr? Looks uninspiring and lazy.

Devs....take a page from TAL's book, since we are already saturated with synths that can make every sound imaginable, whats going to sell your
offerings now is a user customized color and resizable gui :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Distorted Horizon wrote:Doesn't seem interesting really.
For the price it's a good synth.
It has some unique features like the chord-mode per ARP step.... :tu:

AnX wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Something about the GUI just doesn't do it for me.

Is it the disgusting colors?
Disgusting colors? No. Come on, man, there's nothing wrong with the GUI colors... :dog:

I think its a great synth. Very easy to make good sounding presets quickly!

It's strength is that you can get to make the sound you want quickly and the GUI is clearly laid out for that reason. I also think that it is a very good sounding intro Synth to Rob Papens Synth World. The next step up from it would be Predator 2 which is a really powerful Synth!

I love GO2 for its immediacy!! :tu:

synth sounds good. just demoed. Not buying it though, just gonna wait for the next version of the everything bundle I guess.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Russell Grand wrote:
AnX wrote:

Disgusting colors? No. Come on, man, there's nothing wrong with the GUI colors... :dog:

Really? Looks like yobare did the graphics!

I used to love Rob Papen's stuff. I waited with baited breath for every release. Then something happened. Did he loose enthusiasm? Starting with BLADE, the GUIs started looking home made and fugly. Some things seemed half baked. His Company left the KvR forum. Apart from that, I think it sounds good but I'm not rushing out to buy it. I have plenty of nice sounding synths already. Maybe I'm the one who has lost enthusiasm at this point. :(
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I think it looks quite interesting, it seems to me this is designed as a performance oriented synth, quick to setup a patch but also full of expressive possibilities. It has wave morphing in realtime, an XY pad, only thing for me that would enhance that more would be saveable snapshots you can morph between like Alchemy. Will probably get this, I don’t agree the GUI is a mess either, it’s pretty understated but that is good.

I would buy this immediately if it wasn't challenge/response..

The graphics done by http://www.musicworks.fr (Hans Van Even). I really thought it is done by the coder himself (I think it would be better if it is done by the coder himself as I remember the old synths of him Kubik ..etc)!

Anyway, the sound is really good. I think it is better than Predator 1/2, but it is only one oscillator and one filter. There should be at least two oscillators and two filters. The ARP is cool though with many options :tu:

I compared it little bit (to what I have of course) to Europa in Reason, and Europa wins for me as it much more versatile with three oscillators (engines) every one has its own super-filter in additional to normal filter. I did also compared it to Aalto (that I purchased yesterday 2nd hand), although it is not fair to compare to $99 synth, but I purchased it for $38! Aalto used about three times the cpu but man what a synth! It has also one oscillator and one filter, but it is much more unique and original (also much more prettier). In Aalto case I really don't have something similar in sound!

For me I will pass on this as I already have several synths cover it (or better than Go2). Still a good choice for someone looking for easy to use synth with a great ARP I suppose.

I find RP synths quite enigmatic. At first they don't blow me away with their character... but they grow on you and are a lot of fun to use. Predator is immensely powerful. They have something you cannot easily find elsewhere so in this regard they have a value personally speaking.

A good, usuable self created sound seems never far away, that cannot be said of all synths.

I can never quite put my finger on how to describe Predator, this alone makes it interesting. If you are getting a sizeable chunk of Predator for that money, it seems very reasonable.

I would not like to rely on them for a full track but they do fit nicely into a mix.

Being honest about GUI's.. if I can see them with my eyes they are fine by me, my requirements are few in this regard. I basically don't care about GUI, workflow seems much more vital.

I cannot get it triggered from external MIDI - either from controller or piano roll.
But I can see in Ableton that it sends MIDI data... wtf :o

I can trigger internally using small button near preset/bank selector.
Not fun at all,
Either I'm stupid, or the synth.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? I use AU version.

I like the GUI as it goes... But then I do like my sci-fi...
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

AnX wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:
AnX wrote:

Really? Looks like yobare did the graphics!
Actually I like his graphics. Not sure his synths sound as good as they look but they do look good.

This synth looks pretty nice too, the GUI seems clear and practical.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: This synth looks pretty nice too, the GUI seems clear and practical.
Yep... My thoughts too.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”