TAL Sampler - round robin switching possible somehow?

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd _really_ like to have rudimentary round robin switching going on in Sampler. Anyone know any tricks how to make this happen?

guess not :(

Not even planned in the future?

An idea would be if you mapped out all the samples you wanted in the round robin next to each other in the mapper. Then you could modulate the coarse tuning with either an LFO for more predictable round robin, or by random. Of course this would have to be fine tuned so the range of all samples can be reached.

I just came up with this now, and it should work nice if there is not something I'm missing. Don't know why I never thought about this before, I had your same question.

For some reason it does not work as I assumed.

If you use Reaper, I found another way.
There is a JS plugin in reaper called "Midi Round Robin Faker" which will let you do what you want.
Map all the samples you want to Round robin next to one another in the mapper of Tal Sampler.
Then you set Midi Round Robin Faker before the Tal Sampler instance on that channel. You will then have to set the right note ranges. In my example (see picture) I hit C2 on my keyboard (midi number 60), and for every time I hit C2 it alternates between the sample on C2 and the one on C2#. You can also set it to randomize.
round robin tal sampler.jpg
If you are not a Reaper user, maybe someone else find it useful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “TAL Software”