Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
Chris-S
KVRAF
2606 posts since 10 Nov, 2013 from Germany

Post Wed May 16, 2018 8:44 am

Thanks for pointing. :tu:

DarkStar
KVRAF
8589 posts since 2 Sep, 2003 from Surrey, UK

Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Post Wed May 16, 2018 9:03 am

chk071 wrote:FileSilo is still not accessible though. :? For hours now.
Just tried it - it took a minute or so to load the home page, then each subsequent page ("Performing a TLS handshake")
DarkStar
Interesting, if true ...

User avatar
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF
10766 posts since 24 May, 2009 from A galaxy, far far away

Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Post Wed May 16, 2018 9:07 am

Not sure where to find this issue, as it doesn't come up when selecting 'Digital Cross-Platform' :neutral:

chk071
KVRAF
17543 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Post Wed May 16, 2018 9:10 am

True, Zinio still seems to have the former issue.

chk071
KVRAF
17543 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Post Wed May 16, 2018 9:15 am

DarkStar wrote:
chk071 wrote:FileSilo is still not accessible though. :? For hours now.
Just tried it - it took a minute or so to load the home page, then each subsequent page ("Performing a TLS handshake")
I really wonder what's wrong with that damn site, seriously. Even uploading the files on a personal Google Drive account wouldn't cause such a quick overload. I bet it was the most inexpensive option available, and now they get what they paid for.

Saukar30
KVRian
1042 posts since 2 Mar, 2005

Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Post Wed May 16, 2018 9:17 am

This has gotta be one of the best CM synths ever. Thanks to Dmitri & the guys at CM for making this possible. We live in great times to make music!

Sidenote... Filesilo really sucks

chk071
KVRAF
17543 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Post Wed May 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Saukar30 wrote:This has gotta be one of the best CM synths ever. Thanks to Dmitri & the guys at CM for making this possible. We live in great times to make music!
After i was finally able to download it, and play around with it a bit now, i can only confirm this. I would even say the best, and richest featured CM synth now.

User avatar
topaz
KVRAF
4220 posts since 15 Jul, 2001 from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Post Wed May 16, 2018 2:06 pm

The CM video patches sounded very FM Clangy digital, is that the general sound of Thorn
Or can it do warm too.

I know it's practically free but just wondered ?

chk071
KVRAF
17543 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Post Wed May 16, 2018 2:22 pm

It surely is a bit more on the digital side. Sounds very crisp, clean, and hi-fi though. Only niggle (i already had with the full version) is that the sound gets quite muffled in the lower registers, which is, as far as i understood it, a necessary evil due to it's spectral nature.

EnGee
KVRAF
5021 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Post Wed May 16, 2018 2:39 pm

chk071 wrote:
DarkStar wrote:
chk071 wrote:FileSilo is still not accessible though. :? For hours now.
Just tried it - it took a minute or so to load the home page, then each subsequent page ("Performing a TLS handshake")
I really wonder what's wrong with that damn site, seriously. Even uploading the files on a personal Google Drive account wouldn't cause such a quick overload. I bet it was the most inexpensive option available, and now they get what they paid for.
Damn! Still has a problem?! I tried it yesterday night and was pissed off and left it and went to sleep! Today, and after more than 10 hours, it is still the same shit :x
filesilo.jpg
This might be the last time I buy a magazine online! :dog:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.
--------------------------------------------------------
Windows 10, S1 v4, Live 9 & Bitwig 2

chk071
KVRAF
17543 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Post Wed May 16, 2018 2:44 pm

What's funny is that it's really just the site which is so slow... the actual download maxed out my 50 MBit/s connection.

Are you looking to download the whole plugin pack, or just Thorn CM?

EnGee
KVRAF
5021 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Post Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm

chk071 wrote:What's funny is that it's really just the site which is so slow... the actual download maxed out my 50 MBit/s connection.

Are you looking to download the whole plugin pack, or just Thorn CM?
Well, Thorn CM mainly and whatsoever I missed since last year issue!
Thanks for asking :)
Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.
--------------------------------------------------------
Windows 10, S1 v4, Live 9 & Bitwig 2

User avatar
VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRian
510 posts since 19 Sep, 2017 from Bulgaria

Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Post Wed May 16, 2018 9:37 pm

THORN CM feels like complete synth,but i'm bit confused is it subtractive or additive synthesis - mix maybe ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r_m60A ... e=youtu.be

Joe CM
KVRer
23 posts since 15 Jun, 2016

Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Post Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 am

chk071 wrote:
Saukar30 wrote:This has gotta be one of the best CM synths ever. Thanks to Dmitri & the guys at CM for making this possible. We live in great times to make music!
After i was finally able to download it, and play around with it a bit now, i can only confirm this. I would even say the best, and richest featured CM synth now.
Agreed :party: :tu:

Joe CM
KVRer
23 posts since 15 Jun, 2016

Re: Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

Post Thu May 17, 2018 1:20 am

And yes, FileSilo is being painfully slow right now. We're investigating the problem.

Return to “Instruments”