Nuages set [1, 2, & 3], Périphériques (1).

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think you meant “Périphérique”?

Those tracks sound pretty great.
Especially liked this last one (Nuages 3).

ZUT ALORS!!

thanks
I was mindlessly going about like a chicken with its head cut off
Last edited by jancivil on Mon May 07, 2018 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revised, I got a lot more out of certain things.

https://youtu.be/UcXzZWFbmco

harp part yet more improved, juicier mix, I had a cymbals thing in one spot I'd cringe at...
and cringe some more I did... edit = revision. and some more again.
& one mo' 'gin...
Last edited by jancivil on Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:37 am, edited 13 times in total.

Best listened to in the dark, I think. I loved the "cymbal-feedback" sounds that are present thru most of this. I'm guessing that this is probably Absynth.

Good work :)

Except where they're cymbals.

thanks. I really like this one. It was a struggle and nearly abandoned as too difficult to pull off.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you. Yeah, the stereo aspect was primary. The [hard-ish] left and right sides are very different things here, the clouds on the right vs a little more defined sonority complex at left; with a narrower middle layer so there's enough room for the acoustic-type instruments.

Nuages 3 Instruments used, besides Absynth [2 tracks, 4 instances, 2 per]:

SonicCouture Glass Works Bowed Chamber Bowls which are samples of something like Partch's carboys, tuned to your regular 12tET here.
NB: the envelope and filter interface potentiates this sound source into all kinds of things; used as a wind type of instrument here (again).

VSL Piccolo Flute, Alto Flute and Bass Flute (again).

A bowed STONAPHONE (their word, not mine), that's right, in Impact Soundworks Emotional Mallets; again the bowed hard surface used as a wind type inst. First time using it. This is a heck of a library.

VSL XXL Tam, various manipulations of the Extra Extra Large TamTam per Stockhausen Mikrophonie (again).

VSL Prepared Piano but not too exotic. In places it's like a nicer harpsichord.

VSL Harp from the SE Percussion. It's a perfectly cromulent harp! (We no longer have the GigaHarp .nkis, that HDD is gone forever.) Some of it is layering harmonics with the regular harp artic, via their slot crossfade in the VI Pro.

Cymbals, VSL Cymbals and BFD3 (mostly Sabian Digital Vault); BFD3 kit drums and orchestra bass drum.

100 centimeter Tam Tam, VSL Tams and Gongs.

Oh, forgot Reaktor Factory Library Steampipe 2.

VSL Hybrid Reverb Hybrid Stage E, "Signature scoring stage with a smoothly modulated tail."
and Native Instruments Replika XT 'Tape Verb'; which has a lot to do with the sound.
I used two instances of Replika XT for the Absynth layers, the other one used the "Analog" source rather than "Tape".
Last edited by jancivil on Thu May 17, 2018 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

straight bump

Very nice, really engaging. For me, timbre, movement and pace were really good. I wish it could have gone on a little longer :)

Thank you!

Yeah, maybe I'm entrained to forming something the length of a 45 RPM single.
But I'd rather see 'too short!' than 'too long!'. ;)

No, nobody (ideally) wants to outstay their welcome :)

jancivil wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzOBrCL ... e=youtu.be

'A' because the thing in the end has to continue. It may continue and continue in incessive mutation it's so statistically dense.

The usual, which is getting to be boring, I'm done I think, but I take a left turn at Albuquerque and then it goes south. In the good way.
Man, that is some creepy, weird stuff. Love it! Absolutely should have done soundtrack work. Unless of course you have and got tired of it. I'd love to get a gig like that.

Well, I have done very little of it. I'm not the right person to be a professional movie sort of composer. I run into what a filmmaker, director has in their mind vs what I feel and they're the boss, often it's so far from what I think it's alienating. You have to suck it up. I might be good for horror pictures but it's a genre I stay away from as a viewer.

thanks, Steve.

jancivil wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzOBrCL ... e=youtu.be

'A' because the thing in the end has to continue. It may continue and continue in incessive mutation it's so statistically dense.

The usual, which is getting to be boring, I'm done I think, but I take a left turn at Albuquerque and then it goes south. In the good way.
This is beautiful. Complicated yet reassured.

I get what people are saying about some of the high strings. They seem to just touch the edge of discomfort and whilst my instinct might be to use a de-esser, I think it's testament to your skill that you were able to hold back and let them really get into you.

I really enjoyed listening and will have to consume more later.

Return to “Music Cafe”