One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
progtronic
KVRian
519 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Post Wed May 16, 2018 8:59 am

Taron wrote:I would love further elaboration on the burger!!! :hyper:
It involves a lot condiments, paper napkins.. and beer. :clown:

liqih
DASH Guy
7271 posts since 20 Sep, 2001

Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland (Voting Time!)

Post Wed May 16, 2018 9:04 am

progtronic wrote:I rely on an intensely complicated, totally reliable and amazingly accurate system of measurement, probability and fairness when scoring OSC songs.
That will be my next method for sure with 50+ entries, LOL, or did I use it already? Hmm
http://nusofting.com
NUSofting : Peti Modelonia Sinnah

Taron
KVRAF
2195 posts since 17 Apr, 2010 from Croatia

Post Wed May 16, 2018 9:05 am

Who ever reads the small print, liqih! ;)
...no, really, I know that you know and it is a curious approach. Sometimes I wished I could make such a breakdown, when it comes to those borderline tracks, which could go either way. I then try to compare and see, if a song of the lower rating may be better or the upper was worse.
Anyway, it is commendable to give it a different and careful- or rather caring, actually- approach. I still find it possibly problematic for reasons mentioned above.

As for the burger:
AHHhhh, the beer, of course! :pray:

Grooveshack
KVRer
18 posts since 16 Apr, 2018

Post Wed May 16, 2018 1:33 pm

Damn liq... I just voted "play... this track makes me feel like... 1-5 points" .... thats all. Appreciate your pedancy thou :D

Grooveshack
KVRer

Post Wed May 16, 2018 1:36 pm

Grooveshack wrote:Damn liq... I just voted "play... this track makes me feel like... 1-5 points" .... thats all. Appreciate your pedancy thou :D
and i might as well add that mmGhost & output 1-2 were the ones that made me feel like 5 points. For completely different reasons.

bjporter
KVRAF
2570 posts since 19 Dec, 2010 from North America

Post Wed May 16, 2018 2:11 pm

Final Results: Taron is Triumphant!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1st Taron - Fool - 116pts

2nd mmGhost - Chroma - 114pts

3rd Mjr5house - Star Field Siren Song - 113pts

4th TheNeverScene - Pencil Tool Blues - 112pts

5th J.Ruegg and Zarf - Aqua Regia - 108pts

6 Progtronic - Grim Volt 107 pts
7 schiing - Superfluid 103 pts
8 TrojakEW - Shady Deal 102 pts
9 ZeroFox97 - Juce Spill 101 pts
10 asi4 - Detroit Days 99 pts
11 Grooveshack - Lazy Fat Dirty Bastard 98 pts
12 H-man - Man - Dial 15913 - Housemix 95 pts
13 DoctorBob - Blue Juice 92 pts
14 Bh9090 - Talus Fissure 92 pts
15 PeterH - Lies Are Poison Of High Purity 91 pts
16 Liqih - Later Piano 87 pts
17 baalisoda - Love Lies 87 pts
18 Generaldiomedes - Gin and Juce 82 pts
19 CndMn - Snowless Winter 78 pts
20 Darksynth FX - As Years Go By 73 pts
20 Too86 - Noobs Techno 71 pts
20 aluode - Its Maario 69 pts
20 Stohgs - KVR-OSC-110-JuceOPL 69 pts
20 Aro - Entwined In The Horizons Descent 67 pts
dq Jasinski - V6 Pursuit 117 pts
dq Marks-a-whybikky and Buck Meow - OSC110 82 pts
dq ontrackp - Cut it loose 75 pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize and specify whether or not you give permission to upload your track to our spotify/itunes/etc page run by rghvdberg (Sales would go to osc/prize pool), and pass it on to the next winner down. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are not passed down below top 5

Amazing Tunes :party: :party: :party: Note: The mighty Jasinski (with 117 pts) chose not to vote, passing the victory on to Taron. An extraordinarily close finish.

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... p_1ZVUCJI/

Taron
KVRAF

Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland (Taron Wins!)

Post Wed May 16, 2018 2:32 pm

WaHA! :hyper: :hug: ...and AWWWWwwww, danged. Thanks, Jasinski, but it's a wee bit odd, of course. I'm still celebrating with you in my mind: :party: :clap:

Thank you all, anyway, of course, that's awesome! Over the last few months I kind of fell into a hole and am still in the process of digging myself back out. This feels really wonderful and gives me a nice little boost, thanks a whole lot! :tu:
Congrats to all, of course! I can't believe how many great tracks you all made with this synth, as I wrote already. One of my favorite voting sessions. :phones:

I PASS ON THE PRICE...happy pickings for the remaining top 5! ;)
THANKS, BJ, as usual, of course...that never goes without saying! You just always ROCK! 8)

Grooveshack
KVRer

Post Wed May 16, 2018 2:44 pm

Congcratz for the winners ! :)
Last edited by Grooveshack on Wed May 16, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grooveshack
KVRer

Post Wed May 16, 2018 2:45 pm

Where is buck meow ? I l oved his track but its not its not even in the dq-postitions :/?

edit: Nevermind i'm clearly suffering from dyslexia
Last edited by Grooveshack on Thu May 17, 2018 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

schiing
KVRist
174 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Post Wed May 16, 2018 3:51 pm

Congratulations to all the winners! Taron, well deserved! The top 10 tracks (myself excluded, of course!) are all excellent, as are several further down the list. I feel bad about some of my 4's this month, so many of you deserved the full 5 - all the same, I wanted to reward my absolute favorites with something special... oh, well, you all know what it's like :-)

Very well done, all!

progtronic
KVRian
519 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Post Wed May 16, 2018 4:10 pm

sssooooooooooo close...

Grats folks! :tu:

baalisoda
KVRist
147 posts since 7 Apr, 2017 from Vellore, Tamilnadu, India

Post Wed May 16, 2018 4:54 pm

Congrats to the top 5 and everyone who participated in the last month's OSC :clap: :tu:

Aro
KVRist
33 posts since 16 Mar, 2018 from Canada

Post Wed May 16, 2018 6:21 pm

Congratulations Taron and everyone who partook in the competition for the effort involved. It was good fun, but I can see that my style doesn't really jive here. I'm glad I gave it a go. And I wish much further learnings amongst the group. But I got to go with my gut and make music that makes me happy. Even if it lands me last place here. And I have a feeling it would over and over again. Which isn't good for my creativity, so I'm stepping back. Its just not the right group for me, but I do admire how you all develop from one another.

Lara

Taron
KVRAF

Post Wed May 16, 2018 7:08 pm

Lara, don't put so much weight on the "charts" or- even worse- let it discourage you. Rather recognize the purity of its feedback and see, if you can see something you might learn from it to improve your format, the things around the music, such as mixing and sound design. Ultimately it incorporates all aspects, of course, but it's about how you present your vision and how you can get it to be more easily received properly.
Your ideas may be wonderful and inspiring, but if their delivery lacks a certain quality or the clarity they deserve is not yet achieved, you can address these things. You can even ask for help here and you will get it! You have to be ready to receive it, though! And don't be afraid you might lose yourself. You won't! You will always be in charge and your heart will always be your heart. Never fear that this would go away or get subdued. It will only get stronger, louder and clearer!

mmGhost
KVRist
190 posts since 24 Aug, 2009 from CO, USA

Post Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 pm

hey nice 1 crew! definitely was a cool month and i def felt some really nice unexpected vibes by all of you guys. congrats to the winners of course, and thx to the dev for Juce, it was a lot of fun.

btw i scanned the thread a tiny bit. for those of you that feel like "hanging it up" or whatever... don't. A few of the tracks this month had some really insane creative ideas melodically and harmonically, just need that little production and arrangement/composition magic (imho of course) to take them to the next level. I think it's a practical reality that any competition like this is going to have an element of production to it... all these cats on the forum will help you get to where you want to be, if you aren't there already.

k, 'nuff said!

Prize: I'll try the Sonimus Burnley EQ

much love!
Soundcloud | Spotify | YouTube Tutorials
"Just sidechain everything to everything"

Return to “Instruments”