VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Outer Space

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
audiothing wrote:
audiothing wrote:You can try to push the Input knob more and adjust the Output accordingly, especially with the Pre-Amp on (HQ turned on as well to make it a bit more "rich").
I've been fiddling around a bit more, and I'm a lot closer to what I was looking for. On the sound I'm working on, i still prefer Outer Space on 'send', and even prefer Echoboy on send for this particular preset, but it's now a lot closer. One thing that gives the nod to Outer Space in this scenario is the ducking function.

I'll keep on experimenting :tu:
Cool. If you find the right sound, just post it here, I'm really curious to hear what you were after :)

The ducking parameter was added after a little frustation with one of the tapes I've tried. I can't remember which one, but there was this small section of tape (just a few seconds long) with heavy volume drops :)

This is just a quick record job to show you what I was trying to achieve this afternoon. Please excuse the randomness of the notes in the second part, and the timing issues (Just played to the pulse of the delay) :oops:

I was trying to get a decent blend of the original sound with the delay, on an insert track, while also trying to create the same patch within Echoboy. In the end, I prefer parts about the two. The Echoboy version just runs away with itself, whereas the ducking of Outer Space helps keep the whole thing reigned in.

Perhaps, once I have the whole thing a bit more refined, I'll update you.

Outer Space plays through first, followed by Echoboy

https://soundcloud.com/el-bo/delay-test ... pt/s-1hNEA

But isn’t there ducking on Echoboy too?

perpetual3 wrote:
audiothing wrote:
audiothing wrote:You can try to push the Input knob more and adjust the Output accordingly, especially with the Pre-Amp on (HQ turned on as well to make it a bit more "rich").
I've been fiddling around a bit more, and I'm a lot closer to what I was looking for. On the sound I'm working on, i still prefer Outer Space on 'send', and even prefer Echoboy on send for this particular preset, but it's now a lot closer. One thing that gives the nod to Outer Space in this scenario is the ducking function.

I'll keep on experimenting :tu:
Cool. If you find the right sound, just post it here, I'm really curious to hear what you were after :)

The ducking parameter was added after a little frustation with one of the tapes I've tried. I can't remember which one, but there was this small section of tape (just a few seconds long) with heavy volume drops :)

This is just a quick record job to show you what I was trying to achieve this afternoon. Please excuse the randomness of the notes in the second part, and the timing issues (Just played to the pulse of the delay) :oops:

I was trying to get a decent blend of the original sound with the delay, on an insert track, while also trying to create the same patch within Echoboy. In the end, I prefer parts about the two. The Echoboy version just runs away with itself, whereas the ducking of Outer Space helps keep the whole thing reigned in.

Perhaps, once I have the whole thing a bit more refined, I'll update you.

Outer Space plays through first, followed by Echoboy

https://soundcloud.com/el-bo/delay-test ... pt/s-1hNEA

But isn’t there ducking on Echoboy too?
No ducking on Echoboy, unless I've really missed it. Replika XT has it, as does PSP Echo :tu:

Huge oversight. Yes, I’m a delay-slut and have ReplikaXT and Echo. My resistance to OuterSpace grows weaker...

perpetual3 wrote:Huge oversight. Yes, I’m a delay-slut and have ReplikaXT and Echo. My resistance to OuterSpace grows weaker...
Internal ducking is a feature that only recently seems to be appearing in plugins, so I wouldn't say it was an oversight at the time of design. Of course, Echoboy could clearly do with some feature additions, gui overhaul etc. Hopefully we'll see some changes in V6 :tu:

I'm at the point of clearing some stuff out of my AU folder, and I'll have to let some delays go. It's still a little difficult to choose :scared:

sqigls wrote:it's obviously not a huge issue, but I'm never gonna close the panel personally.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Same.

Would like to be able to keep it open at all times. Would anyone prefer it closed? I wonder if the 80/20 rule could take apply here and ultimately keeping it open at all times would just work better for the majority of users.
Yep, I'll re-add this feature in the next minor update.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

awesome cheers :)

perpetual3 wrote:Huge oversight. Yes, I’m a delay-slut and have ReplikaXT and Echo. My resistance to OuterSpace grows weaker...
Internal ducking is a feature that only recently seems to be appearing in plugins, so I wouldn't say it was an oversight at the time of design. Of course, Echoboy could clearly do with some feature additions, gui overhaul etc. Hopefully we'll see some changes in V6 :tu:

I'm at the point of clearing some stuff out of my AU folder, and I'll have to let some delays go. It's still a little difficult to choose :scared:
Blue Cat Late Replies is a hell of a rabbit hole. :D

And it has a built-in ducker as well.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
sqigls wrote:it's obviously not a huge issue, but I'm never gonna close the panel personally.
Same.

Would like to be able to keep it open at all times. Would anyone prefer it closed? I wonder if the 80/20 rule could take apply here and ultimately keeping it open at all times would just work better for the majority of users.
+1 on keeping it open by default.

Tappistry wrote:

Blue Cat Late Replies is a hell of a rabbit hole. :D

And it has a built-in ducker as well.
I did have a little fun with the demo, and may one day incorporate it as a way of hosting my other delay plugins. For the moment, though, I have enough stuff to be occupied with :tu:

Update v1.2.1
We've updated Outer Space to version 1.2.1!
You can download the update from your user area.

Changelog:
  • Improved: Clear Buffer on Playback/Reset of the Host
  • Improved: Dropdown panel stays open/closed as selected by the user
  • Improved: Partial support for retina displays
  • Added: Online Authorization Form
  • Fixed: Gain inconsistencies when changing samplerate on some hosts
  • Fixed: Meta-parameter (Repeat Rate) issue
  • Fixed: Phase issue when Pre-Amp is enabled
  • Fixed: Random crash on Mojave with Logic Pro 10.4.3
Please note: this update is 64bit only! We have dropped support for 32bit and older operating systems.
New minimum requirements: Windows 7 and OS X 10.7.

Update v1.2.5
We've updated Outer Space to version 1.2.5!

Changelog:
  • Added: macOS 10.15 Catalina support
  • Added: Parameter Lock
  • Added: Edit Value option for Knobs
  • Added: Notification System
  • Improved: Reverb Section HQ mode
  • Improved: Bypass State GUI
  • Improved: Buffer Clear (now includes the reverb tail)
  • Improved: CPU and memory usage
  • Fixed: Bypass Button not working
  • Fixed: Minor graphic issues for some automations

audiothing wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 11:44 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Same.

Yep, I'll re-add this feature in the next minor update.
I like it being closed until I need to get in there.

audiothing wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:46 pm Update v1.2.5
We've updated Outer Space to version 1.2.5!

Changelog:
  • Added: macOS 10.15 Catalina support
  • Added: Parameter Lock
  • Added: Edit Value option for Knobs
  • Added: Notification System
  • Improved: Reverb Section HQ mode
  • Improved: Bypass State GUI
  • Improved: Buffer Clear (now includes the reverb tail)
  • Improved: CPU and memory usage
  • Fixed: Bypass Button not working
  • Fixed: Minor graphic issues for some automations
Awesome, thank you! :tu:

Thank you ! Very nice :)

PP. Polished Perfection…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Effects”