[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

Well it's interesting.... but have they failed to update Mojito ? Hummm....
Studio One
Flexible Tools for Creative Musicians

Studio One doesn’t dictate a workflow, but provides the tools and flexibility for musicians to follow their own musical path. Songwriters prototyping a song will love the new Harmonic Editing features, which allow Instrument and Audio Tracks to follow chord progressions dynamically. For EDM and hip-hop producers, the next-generation Impact XT and Sample One XT virtual instruments are complete production environments—auto-slice, dice, sample, de-construct, and trigger synched loops with an intuitive workflow. Patterns and a new Drum Editor bring step sequencing and drum machine-style music creation into the 21st century. Studio One is also a complete mastering suite, including DDP import/export for CD duplicators and digital delivery for online streaming and publishing.

There’s a very good reason why so many musicians have switched to Studio One from older, more rigid programs. Built on a modern foundation that’s not bogged down by legacy code, Studio One provides an efficient, creative companion from initial inspiration to final master. Its efficient, single-screen interface houses an unlimited number of tracks, intuitive editing tools, advanced virtual instruments, mastering, and video player—you spend your time creating music, not wondering what to click next. The 64-bit double-precision mix engine is state of the art, while the smooth, analog quality of the virtual instruments comes from proprietary techniques that provide much higher controller resolution. That’s why Studio One just plain sounds better.

The reason why Studio One resonates with musicians is simple: PreSonus listens. Many new features in Version 4 are the direct result of user feedback, including AAF import/export so users can bring song data from their old DAW into Studio One. Add the most flexible arranging tools of any music program, full integration with Notion for superior notation, over 20 GB of carefully curated content, analog console emulation, advanced step sequencing, unified hardware control with the FaderPort series of hands-on controllers, and much more—it’s no wonder that Studio One continues to gain new followers every day.

Create Without Boundaries • Produce Without Limits
Intuitive single-window work environment with quick and easy drag-and-drop functionality and multi-touch support

Unlimited audio and instrument tracks, advanced automation features, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels

Pristine sound quality with native 64-bit resolution and support for up to 384 kHz audio

Chord Track manipulates audio and note data of any or all tracks for easy chordal experimentation and song prototyping

Incredible new virtual instruments: Impact XT and SampleOne XT for powerful beat or loop-based composition, live sampling, and robust sample editing

Patterns allow for intuitive drum and melody composition via familiar drum machine/sequencer style UI

AAF support for easy song/session exchange with other applications for collaboration (Pro Tools,. Logic, Nuendo, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, and more)

Arranger Track with innovative Scratch Pads

Build unique sounds with Multi Instrument and Extended FX Chains

Presence XT sampler (14 GB library included) and Mai Tai polyphonic analog modeling synth with character morphing and modulation matrix

Innovative Mix Engine FX process every channel routed through a bus individually at the source and at their summing point, fundamentally altering the sonic characteristics in ways that have never before been possible in a DAW

Console Shaper, the first Mix Engine FX, emulates the sound of an analog console with control over drive, noise, and even true channel crosstalk

VCA Faders that act as group faders for any number of tracks

Integrated Melodyne Essentials 4 pitch and timing editor (a $99 value)

Integrated online Cloud Services include the PreSonus Shop, PreSonus Exchange, and our unique bi-directional SoundCloud integration

Integrated mastering suite with automatic mix updating, DDP, Redbook CD burning, and digital release

37 Native Effects, 5 virtual instruments, 4 Note FX, plus AU, VST2, VST3, and ReWire support

Use Pro Tools, Cubase, Sonar, and Logic shortcut key commands or create your own

Compatible with ASIO-, Windows Audio-, and Core Audio-compliant audio interfaces

The next standard.

Instantly familiar—yet nothing feels like it. Studio One 3 contains everything you’d expect from a modern digital audio powerhouse. Once you touch its fast, flow-oriented, drag-and-drop interface, you’ll realize Studio One 3 was built by creative people for creative music production.

At every step of the musical process, you’ll spend your time creating music instead of fighting a bloated interface. And the sound quality? Well, simply put, it’s unparalleled. In fact, the most common comments from musicians, producers and engineers who have switched to Studio One are “I can just get things done faster” and “Studio One just sounds better.” Let’s find out why.

Start your engines.

The Start page is your home base, where you access recent Songs and Projects or start new ones, adjust hardware settings, check in on your online progress, stay in touch with the latest Studio One news, and develop new skills through demos and tutorials.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed May 23, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

It would be incredible if they included fat channel collection with this upgrade.

Other than that, the new features don't add anything to my workflow. I'm going to skip for the first time.

I have a feeling that once people get into this update they are going to appreciate it. Having an embedded sampler and chord tracks could do a lot for productivity for many users. The first time you to push a track in a new direction by popping in some chord substitutions that grab your ear you won't look back. That feature alone has high value.

It would be “incredible” if the mac version got past the load screen... tried to demo a number of times but it hard crashes on start up, every... single... time... :dog:

I don't need some chord track to give me substitutions. I can hear them when I'm writing. It's obvious this release is geared towards the home dj crowd and it's trying to take some of the market fruity loops has.

Nothing wrong with going in that direction I guess, just this release is very underwhelming for what it is. It's more like 3.6 instead of 4.

dellboy wrote: Sampler that actually samples - tick
Well, I guess that does put them ahead of Dave Smith.

Already paid, updated and installed :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Awesome. Looks very, very good. :)

I am really happy to see chord tracks make their way into DAWs. Some EDM music is incredibly inventive from a production point of view but in some cases trapped by simple harmonic conventions and repetition. If the "DJ crowd" can get their hands on this and explore creating tension and release using a more complete musical vocabulary then I am more happy to see/hear this progress. Even classically or jazz trained musicians can benefit from being able to try out different progressions whilst having the arrangement snap instantly to a different chord progression. No matter how good your ear... hearing something in context can be powerful. Chord tracks also show up in Cubase so it might well be they are chasing Steinberg and FL Studio and there is nothing wrong with that in my book. I don't share your opinion but that is fine; I likely don't share your stated musical gifts either.

Sassafrass wrote:I don't need some chord track to give me substitutions. I can hear them when I'm writing. It's obvious this release is geared towards the home dj crowd and it's trying to take some of the market fruity loops has.
Last edited by Scotty on Tue May 22, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So it's an upgraded sampler, drum machine and a new chord track...

ok then.

clearly an appeal to the bedroom-producer crowd, which is fine... but.... I'm suprirsed at the lack of anything that's actually, dare I say, New.

this is just...stuff you already have great versions of from third party companies. at least in the case of the Sampler and Drum Machine, anyway.

I've never understood the appeal for "chord tracks" and other chord devices, but maybe that's because I'm a musician 8)

Meh.. I could upgrade for $149 USD... but not seeing anything that really blows my socks off.

Does anyone know if the upgrades go on sale around major holidays?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

mholloway wrote:which is fine... but.... I'm suprirsed at the lack of anything that's actually, dare I say, New.
Like, what would that be?

They have midi editing, audio editing, mixing, shift/stretch, then what??? New instruments and interface tweaks is all that's left. Bells and whistles.

OMG! Chord Track. I am in. I find Cubase so frustrating to work with, but it has chord track. So I keep trying to work with it.

I am happy now.

mholloway wrote:So it's an upgraded sampler, drum machine and a new chord track...
… and GUI refinements. You can already see in the picture that the way they gave the buttons more depth, it is quite an improvement.

And, in general, i'm quite surprised, as i expected much less in this update. And, for the new features, i was hoping for an update for Impact, and, i was hoping that they do some GUI rework. So, that's already 2 things matched. I'm also not for implementing gazillions of new features. I especially like that Studio One is so streamlined.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”