Allomerus - TV 2.0 - Prog Rock

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote:well that was a bit sinister :scared:
makes me feel dirty just using my keyboard to type this :o

has me in mind of some friends bands, both dayglo yellocet or poisoned electrick head. both where proggy with a touch of darkness 8)

(which from my pov is some great company to be in! :tu: )
Thanks vurt. I washed my hands a lot when making this, just to be careful nothing rubbed off. Tried but failed to find some music by dayglo yellocet or poisoned electrick head. Would be interested to listen if you can point me in the right direction. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Lotuzia wrote:Nice track. The machines part was surprising to say the least :tu:

Will put the video on my wall :dog: :oops:
Thanks Lotuzia!
I like musical surprises.
And thanks for the wall putting.
Cheers,
John
Bandcamp

wagtunes wrote:Big prog fan but you know what? There are definite Eric Clapton and Cream influences in this track.

Really, really, really liked this.
Thanks wagtunes! I really like Cream/Clapton too! Often play some of their tracks with friends. Lovely to hear you enjoyed it and also that you like prog. :)
Bandcamp

htcnext2 wrote:The topic speaks for itself. Cool track. Can´t add anything to it. In terms of sound, the overcompressed basedrum is not my thing, but if you like it like that, ok. Nicely done.
Greetings
HM
Thanks htcnext2.
On our first album Paul used an electronic drum kit (which is easy to record). Unfortunately those drums were not as good as real drums or some of the later better electronic kits we used. The bass drum was clipping in the original (my fault unfortunately) so I ran it through Izotope RX which improve it. I don't want to redo the drums again as it wouldn't be the same track. :)
Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote:

has me in mind of some friends bands, both dayglo yellocet or poisoned electrick head. both where proggy with a touch of darkness 8)

Thanks vurt. I washed my hands a lot when making this, just to be careful nothing rubbed off. Tried but failed to find some music by dayglo yellocet or poisoned electrick head. Would be interested to listen if you can point me in the right direction. :)
peh, theres a fair bit on youtube from various festivals and rips of out of print old records.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQWZVGB4uyA

a personal fave :D

dayglo yellocet, sadly they disbanded very early in the days of dial up, so there isn't as much footage of them that i know of. ill see what i can find though :)

seismic1 wrote:I'm really digging this bathed in an eerie green glow, due to the inability of my lighting to connect to the server after a failed firmware upgrade.

I went to the bathroom earlier and was disappointed to learn that my toilet-paper tracker has stopped sending me alerts.

Good to hear this one again, John. Those remixes are never done. Nice job with the sinister video.

Good work :)
Thanks Tim! Hope your server has recovered! :scared:
And your toilet-paper tracker....
:)
Bandcamp

Shangsean wrote:Your vocals certainly suit this sort of off kilter tune. I guess I'm saying you sound like a perv, but in a positive sense. The techno section is well judged and doesn't feel shoehorned, though I like how it enters more than the way it exits. The explosive kick drum overpowers it all a bit too much for me. I would have preferred something a little more natural. The theme I can take or leave.

Overall it's a cool track that sounds like you, which is important and a cool thing in itself.
Thanks Shangsean! Yes, unfortunately I know I can sound like the subject matter, but I certainly don't support any seedy dark net stuff. In fact I have reason to hate those people intensely, hence the track...
I quite like the overpowering nature of the kick in the techno part, but I am certainly not an expert at that sort of music.
Thanks for your thoughts! :)
Bandcamp

vurt wrote:
Allomerus wrote:

peh, theres a fair bit on youtube from various festivals and rips of out of print old records.

dayglo yellocet, sadly they disbanded very early in the days of dial up, so there isn't as much footage of them that i know of. ill see what i can find though :)
Thanks vurt. This is a cool track, it has a great natural vibe to it and nice variations...
Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote:
vurt wrote:
Allomerus wrote:

Thanks vurt for the peh link. This is a cool track, it has a great natural vibe to it and nice variations...
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”