---

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

It will be interesting to see if they make a linux version, the original promise of
Delphi was cross platform development. Delphi has finally delivered on this fully
on the mac, linux should be equally an option.

pekbro wrote:It will be interesting to see if they make a linux version, the original promise of
Delphi was cross platform development. Delphi has finally delivered on this fully
on the mac, linux should be equally an option.
Are they still on Delphi? I thought there were a topic about a c++(?) rework (during their switch to vector graphics) to make it easily cross plattform compatible.

Anyways great update. Happy 20th! :party: :party: :party:

Oh I dunno, I assumed so, maybe not. C++ would be for the best imo.

https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 7#p1296357:
Scott
Site Admin
Wed May 02, 2018 3:14 am

Re: Programming FL (literally)
Correction...

Windows - FL Studio was, and is still written in Delphi (a form of Pascal) using Embarcadero's Delphi Compiler.

macOS - FL Studio is compiled from common sources, as above, using Free Pascal (since Delphi is not able to create 64 Bit builds macOS Applications yet). Further we have a custom Visual Component Library (VCL) to replace the (what was) Windows VCL. The advantage of Free Pascal and the custom VCL is we can customize all this very quickly, and fix bugs ourselves in the compiler if needed.

Regards Scott

reflex
Site Admin
Wed May 02, 2018 9:29 am

Correction on the correction ... it's a combination of ObjectPascal, C++, assembly language and (for the mac version) Objective C. ObjectPascal makes up the vast majority of the code however.

Thanks Blaster...

Well there you have it... Linux should be 'at least' more of an option than it was.
I doubt there is too much incentive for them at this point though.

It seems a great update :tu: It is always good to own FL Studio license :)
Downloading now to have a fresh fruity break :D

sjm wrote:Looking forward to trying out the multiple time signatures. I've got a project on the backburner mixing 7/8 and 11/8 that I'll dig out again.
December 2016, KVR OSC, Synth1, 4th place, the track has speeding up of tempo, slowing down of tempo, 4/4 and 9/8 mostly. Of course, it was done in FL Studio.

https://soundcloud.com/brainzistor/brai ... g-above-us

But, hey, hooray, now people can finally work with multiple time signatures in FL Studio because apparently previously they couldn't.
Maybe I'm guilty because I play drums too and I didn't need any help from DAW to draw it all for me, idk....

For so many years, it's really great to get those free updates.

brainzistor wrote:December 2016, KVR OSC, Synth1, 4th place, the track has speeding up of tempo, slowing down of tempo, 4/4 and 9/8 mostly. Of course, it was done in FL Studio.

But, hey, hooray, now people can finally work with multiple time signatures in FL Studio because apparently previously they couldn't.
Maybe I'm guilty because I play drums too and I didn't need any help from DAW to draw it all for me, idk....
Same here. Different time signatures throughout the project were always possible and I used them. It was just the visual feedback or the metronome sound for some that didn't match what they were expecting :lol: But I like it's now clearly written in the pattern/arrangement window. Btw love the idea of different arrangement windows which can be merged.

mike_the_ranger wrote:
brainzistor wrote:December 2016, KVR OSC, Synth1, 4th place, the track has speeding up of tempo, slowing down of tempo, 4/4 and 9/8 mostly. Of course, it was done in FL Studio.

Same here. Different time signatures throughout the project were always possible and I used them. It was just the visual feedback or the metronome sound for some that didn't match what they were expecting :lol: But I like it's now clearly written in the pattern/arrangement window. Btw love the idea of different arrangement windows which can be merged.
:wink: yes, indeed - it was possible via project settings to set a signature for the whole project for so long.
Everything else was a matter of "counting" -> to put some xtra tact inside a project for parts :clown:

Thanks Imageline for the new version - looking forward to check it out.
There seem to be lots of really good new features!
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

There is a strong noise whenever changing a preset in a synth during playback. Also when changing samples.

Impressive upgrade. Except the above, everything is just getting better. Lovely GUI and colours. Very responsive DAW with an excellent performance. It's really very inviting to make music. Well done Image Line!

Is the next release going to be 14? Or 21?... This is all very "windows 10" :hihi:

Absolutely wicked. Congrats to gol and all. 'Tis a TRIUMPH. A TRIUMPH, I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...but will wait for 20.1

an-electric-heart wrote:Is the next release going to be 14? Or 21?... This is all very "windows 10" :hihi:
Who cares what number they call it! Personally, I don't care even if they call it 666 or Trump! :hihi:

Now since they released the DAW, I'll be waiting for their plugins to be ported to AU format for macOS.

Can't wait to get my hands on Harmor and Vocodex.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”