TrackSpacer - First plugin by Wavesfactory

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Brother Charles wrote:I haven't a "username" for the plug-in either. I entered my serial number, left the Username field blank; the plugin activated just fine n' dandy.
Not for me it didn't. In fact when I click activate nothing happens whatsoever. Followed the instructions on the previous page, double checked the serial, uninstalled/reinstalled again, etc. No dice. Any ideas to try would be welcomed. I'll try support I guess if not.

woggle wrote:I am confused about the alternatives (if any) - I can see that something like TDR Nova and Newfangled Equivocate can do a similar task, but not the same (eg equivocate works across a whole track, not dynamically varying according to the changing input). The new version of Neutron seems to do exactly the same, but I dont have that. Am I correct? Or are there similarly priced alternatives

woggle
As far as I know Neutron will detect frequency clashes but it won't automatically duck those frequencies - I could be wrong, I barely use it for some reason. Trackspacer is incredibly intuitive and quick to setup, whereas Neutron always felt a bit clunky to me...

Trackspacer really comes into it's own when the material you feed into it is dynamic across the frequency spectrum. For example using it on a synth lead or guitar and feeding a vocal into the sidechain. For something like ducking a bass part with a kick drum, you could easily dial this in with Nova, and with more control and better visual feedback.

Alright, here we go restart did the trick. Looking forward to a lighter cpu trackspacer. Dependable ol' reboot. It fixes everything when all else fails.

andymcbain wrote:
woggle wrote:I am confused about the alternatives (if any) - I can see that something like TDR Nova and Newfangled Equivocate can do a similar task, but not the same (eg equivocate works across a whole track, not dynamically varying according to the changing input). The new version of Neutron seems to do exactly the same, but I dont have that. Am I correct? Or are there similarly priced alternatives

woggle
As far as I know Neutron will detect frequency clashes but it won't automatically duck those frequencies - I could be wrong, I barely use it for some reason. Trackspacer is incredibly intuitive and quick to setup, whereas Neutron always felt a bit clunky to me...

Trackspacer really comes into it's own when the material you feed into it is dynamic across the frequency spectrum. For example using it on a synth lead or guitar and feeding a vocal into the sidechain. For something like ducking a bass part with a kick drum, you could easily dial this in with Nova, and with more control and better visual feedback.

thanks - ease of use is important to me as well - this does sound like it will be very useful. I have just realised that Spectralayers can do a great job cutting out clashing frequencies with very high resolution, but is not realtime. You use it on finished tracks/stems. There might be a role for both

Anyone else having issues with automating parameters in version 2.5?

Under Ableton Live, trying to set up parameter value changes (Ratio, etc) has been causing automation to turn off for me.

does anyone have any experience using this in classical music? or ambient beat-less soundcapes?

woggle wrote:does anyone have any experience using this in classical music? or ambient beat-less soundcapes?
Yes, use it quite a lot in ambient tracks. Do you have a particular question about this?

virtualpt wrote:
woggle wrote:does anyone have any experience using this in classical music? or ambient beat-less soundcapes?
Yes, use it quite a lot in ambient tracks. Do you have a particular question about this?
thanks for replying - when would you use it? Can you give a specific example?

woggle wrote:
virtualpt wrote:
Hi Woggle :)

I have a pad/soundscape that occupies a lot of the frequency range, I have another percussive or lead/bleep type sound that I want to cut through. I put Trackspacer on the soundscape channel & sidechain the other sound to it & tune to taste. Also if I have a part of the track where another pad/soundscape comes in, I may want that one to cut through a bit more during that section of the track. I often have multiple Trackspacers on a channel being triggered by different things in different parts of the song. There really is nothing else like it for getting things to sit together nicely in a mix. For ambient type music, where there are often many layers competing for space at different times, I find it incredibly useful.

It is one of my favourite & most used plugins. I would recommend giving it a try.

virtualpt wrote:
woggle wrote:
virtualpt wrote:
Hi Woggle :)

I have a pad/soundscape that occupies a lot of the frequency range, I have another percussive or lead/bleep type sound that I want to cut through. I put Trackspacer on the soundscape channel & sidechain the other sound to it & tune to taste. Also if I have a part of the track where another pad/soundscape comes in, I may want that one to cut through a bit more during that section of the track. I often have multiple Trackspacers on a channel being triggered by different things in different parts of the song. There really is nothing else like it for getting things to sit together nicely in a mix. For ambient type music, where there are often many layers competing for space at different times, I find it incredibly useful.

It is one of my favourite & most used plugins. I would recommend giving it a try.
thanks again - I will try it out in those sort of circumstances

Did a test with field recordings of bird calls against drone and did not really hear much difference unless I was running Trackspacer so intensely that the drone had audible artefacts. Not for what I mainly do I don't think.

c_voltage wrote:Hi
Just tried new v2.5, anyone noticed some interrupts in sound (mainly in low freq) during sidechain work ?
I did install older version again - all clean here.
Or just for me ?
Ok, here i just upload record video as simple example what i meant:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c2vyhnxxs ... e.mp4/file
So, can hear difference between processing. Can notice that in 2.05 sidechain deep and smooth, while in 2.5 there is some artefacts.

wow, this is a no-go! wavesfactorY?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

c_voltage wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Hi
Just tried new v2.5, anyone noticed some interrupts in sound (mainly in low freq) during sidechain work ?
I did install older version again - all clean here.
Or just for me ?
Ok, here i just upload record video as simple example what i meant:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c2vyhnxxs ... e.mp4/file
So, can hear difference between processing. Can notice that in 2.05 sidechain deep and smooth, while in 2.5 there is some artefacts.
Pretty mild description! Sounds completely distorted! :o
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Caine123, adl, well, accordingly it's seemed strange for me that no one did mention this issue during use.

Return to “Effects”