Melda MVocoder- Need help in setting up please

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lucky me has MVocoder now too. :tu: I was wondering how mandatory it is to have the VST3 MVocoder? I have to go reinstall with VST3 now and there's a severe thunderstorm going on - best to wait until it's over.

What I was hoping from Melda or anyone who'd like to help, is a simple template for Reaper or StudioOne you can open so as to be right the first time? Both DAWs have built in simple synth for the carrier :party: :help: :hyper: :D

Acesys wrote:Lucky me has MVocoder now too. :tu: I was wondering how mandatory it is to have the VST3 MVocoder? I have to go reinstall with VST3 now and there's a severe thunderstorm going on - best to wait until it's over.

What I was hoping from Melda or anyone who'd like to help, is a simple template for Reaper or StudioOne you can open so as to be right the first time? Both DAWs have built in simple synth for the carrier :party: :help: :hyper: :D
You buy complex plugins like melda but don't even know how to setup your own daw? Congrats... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yea just put mvocoder on either mod or carrier and send the other to the sidechain input. You can swap the channels in the plug no prob.

Gregorius wrote: You buy complex plugins like melda but don't even know how to setup your own daw? Congrats... :clap: :clap: :clap:
-edited- I have tens of thousands of hours using a lot of DAWs since the early 90's - it might blow your mind if you knew the special situation that is going on, but I'm not giving my pearls to swine. As Lincoln might have said "you've removed all doubt".
Armagibbon wrote:Yea just put mvocoder on either mod or carrier and send the other to the sidechain input. You can swap the channels in the plug no prob.
Thanks Armagibbon you're a hero; I waited for the Eternal Madness sale, bought the phase tool and will commence to reinstall the new v12.02. I'll get VST3s installed to be safe and do great things with it.

Here's a quick tutorial to setup MVocoder in Reaper with a blank slate. In my case to avoid confusion I've only left MVocoder as VST3 and temporarily RARed the VST2 MVocoder .dlls.

1. In Reaper, New Project created, right click and choose "Virtual Instrument track(s)" and add ReaSynth (or other VSTi) . Then drag-in MVocoder in the FX window. Name track 1 Carrier.
2. Add another track by double clicking underneath the first track, and name it Modulator. Then...
(screenshot)
If image doesn't display try manually: http://oi68.tinypic.com/4r2pg5.jpg
3. Mouse over the IO button on track 2 and drag it to the MVocoder entry in the FX listing for track 1.
From there track 2 can be audio input or waves on the track lane or whatever.
4. Set Track one to Solo.

So as you can see it can be real easy for Reaper, and when I get a minute I'll try StudioOne.

Return to “Effects”