RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

“Guitar Hero” :D
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

] Peter:H [ wrote:
SparkySpark wrote:I actually bought your synth because of its good looks, so no need for concern. :)

I haven't had time to play with it yet (bought it yesternight) but I see a lot of talk about wavetables. It surprises me as all the demos I heard on the site were great but very synthy. Wavetables appeal to me very much, so perhaps that is something that could be added over time, to show the synth as more versatile.
If you like, please go to the artist page and check out the tracks that came out of One Synth Challenge. I can speak for my track which is full of wavetables...And please check out my patches as well, they are part of the official sound package, though they are a bit to rough and not polished...anyway probably they help to show just a little part of what Fathom could do in the hands of a realy experienced wt wizzard (i.e. not me)...

https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/the-kybernetic-gods

Thanks so much for sharing this. It's an amazing piece of work in itself :tu: , and the fact that all of it is Phatom is just... shocking! :o :o :o
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

simmo75 wrote:I think you should make the GUI that YOU want as it’s your synth. Keep to your vision, after all, that’s what interested everybody in the first place.
All this “I want”... Jeez...
Keep in mind Fathom is a product. Ignoring "I want" from your customers or potential customers is rarely good for business. :wink:

Again I like the original GUI and will probably keep using it even if other options are added (time will tell) but if people say "I didn't buy your synth because of the GUI" then it's hard to ignore that kind of feedback. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The GUI can impact people's willingness to purchase when they first see a product.

So that's why I'm getting everyone's input now on the concept.

For CPU comparison to Zebra, those numbers sound about right. About 25%. A while back I did the same testing comparing Fathom to Sylenth and Omnisphere and I got the same ratio. Those synths are using Vector SIMD instructions in the audio path which multiplies CPU efficiency by 4 in most intel processors. So the numbers are to be expected.

Enkerli wrote:.. My main issue, at least in Logic Pro X, is that it can’t be resized so some controls may not actually show up in the interface. Maybe there’s a workaround but several of my other plugins do allow for resizing directly, and that’s quite useful.
You can resize Fathom freely, drag from the bottom right of the window.

I was doing some testing and stumbled into something interesting.

It's possible to simulate analog voltage jitter using the wave table oscillator and RSH modulator.

I used the non-linear sin segment in two waveforms with slightly different oscillation amplitudes and then modulated between them using the random sample and hold modulator with the time domain set to cycles. The waveforms are a smooth sawtooth with a modest amount of voltage ring at the peaks exactly like the Moog saw, and the ring amplitude is randomized.

I got the idea from watching some videos on simulating the moog waveforms.

https://static.kvraudio.com/files/3302/ ... 969229.mp3
https://static.kvraudio.com/files/3302/ ... 969228.mp3

Presets attached.
Analog Voltage Jitter.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oh man, you should stop for a while the sales and just create some killer sounds...
All bargain hunters have it already, the burried in work studio freaks will be happy to pay more...
We, the fans who got it for less, should do your marketing and hype it to a "must have", which is nothing but the truth...; - )

I just completely rewrote Fathom's detune voice processor. :phones:

Testing has proven more than a %25 increase in CPU efficiency.

At 75% CPU load maximum total detune voices have gone up from approximately 160 to 200 voices.

2.12 will also include a settings page with greater control over CPU related processing, such as sample buffer interpolation, spline interpolation, and separate control over detune frequency interpolation, and also the ability to pick the old or new dials graphics, plus a setting for keeping the GUI in RAM or releasing the RAM when it is closed.

Also, there will probably be another $12.00 sale next Friday for the 2.12 release.

Excellent news Everett, looking forward to the release.
Very nice your adding a settings page, that will help a lot of users with less powerful systems.

You could maybe announce the release on social media ( start a Fathom FB page ), and sites like Gearslutz..
Last edited by RPH on Sat May 26, 2018 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPH wrote:You could maybe announce the release on social media ( start a Fathom FB page )
+1

Hi Everett,

Just a friendly reminder about the setting/option you said you would add for stacking voices for repeated notes since it didn't seem to make into the last release?

Thanks in advance,

provoc

FathomSynth wrote:I just completely rewrote Fathom's detune voice processor. :phones:

Testing has proven more than a %25 increase in CPU efficiency.

At 75% CPU load maximum total detune voices have gone up from approximately 160 to 200 voices.

2.12 will also include a settings page with greater control over CPU related processing, such as sample buffer interpolation, spline interpolation, and separate control over detune frequency interpolation, and also the ability to pick the old or new dials graphics, plus a setting for keeping the GUI in RAM or releasing the RAM when it is closed.

Also, there will probably be another $12.00 sale next Friday for the 2.12 release.
Awesome!! Really looking forward to taking it for a spin, and thanks for opening up some control on the settings to users. I find it really helpful when devs give the option to drop/raise the quality if needed. Hope the next sale is a success, like others have said would be good to get some traction on other sites like gearslutz/social media for your sales. Or maybe raise your prices a bit before targeting all of those ;) $12 is still way too cheap for this product imo.

skyscape wrote: $12 is still way too cheap for this product imo.
Raise the sales price each time by at least 5$ or people will get used to it and still wait. They want to have the feeling to miss something if they don't get it now!
Be consequent with that...
After your synth is famous enough, once a year a sale would be sufficiant, to get those into the boat which can't afford to pay more...

RPH wrote:
Enkerli wrote:.. My main issue, at least in Logic Pro X, is that it can’t be resized so some controls may not actually show up in the interface. Maybe there’s a workaround but several of my other plugins do allow for resizing directly, and that’s quite useful.
You can resize Fathom freely, drag from the bottom right of the window.
Oh? Any tip on accessing the bottom of the window in Logic Pro X on a MacBook Pro (1280x800)?

Click on the button in the upper right corner of the Fathom plugin window.

Return to “Instruments”