Your thoughts on Vocalsynth 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by Stefken on Sat May 26, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool idea but if I want the vocalist to say something different I just bring em back in... seems like a p great vocoder anyway but I already got a bunch. Picked it up anyway cus its cheap with the bundle upgrade but yea might collect dust.
Still no fm or granular. Ever since manipulator I been waitin on more of that in a multiplexer and still dont see that shit anywhere else...

Just noticed now I've fired it up in Logic that it gives setup tips within the plugin itself for the DAW you are using at the time. Dead easy to setup in Midi mode. Getting some nice results
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

I have Vocalsynth 1, but am not planning to upgrade. I find the vocoder in 1 to be lacking compared to other offerings. Compare it to the Xils 5000 & you will hear the huge difference.

Vocalsynth 1 was a sad joke imo. 2 is better but probs not better than xils? Dont own xils so cant say...

But I will say that virta mvocoder and manipulator are my homies and I wouldnt sell em for the world. Legit top shit. So I just got vocalsynth 2 part of this bundle but he gets to hang around cus the vowel formant is p cool... 1 trick pony imo. Not a bad trick but not a must have or go-to...

I have Vocalsynth1, I wonder if izotope ever had discounts on upgrade paths around black friday or something :L

And of course Vocodex just appeared at -50% on PluginBoutique... I'm really tempted :phones:

Niowiad wrote:I have Vocalsynth1, I wonder if izotope ever had discounts on upgrade paths around black friday or something :L

And of course Vocodex just appeared at -50% on PluginBoutique... I'm really tempted :phones:
They have discount upgrade paths now. Talk to Uncle E.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

iZotope repeat their discounts fairly frequently. I'd expect the current upgrade deals will be available again if you're in no hurry to pick it up.

They added some features I requested in a survey they sent a while back. But I'm not feeling inclined to upgrade. I got Vocodex a while ago so I'm totally covered there, and iZotope doesn't seem to want to go past a certain amount of configurability (no external carrier). Biovox is kind of interesting but it's not what I'm looking for—it's getting more into correction territory than creative effect. Honestly, VocalSynth 1 is good enough now that we've seen the limits of the concept.

yellowmix wrote:iZotope doesn't seem to want to go past a certain amount of configurability (no external carrier)
Nah they got that fam
audio input vocalsynth 2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Armagibbon wrote:
yellowmix wrote:iZotope doesn't seem to want to go past a certain amount of configurability (no external carrier)
Nah they got that fam
Nope. That's the modulator. You cannot supply your own carrier. You must use their internal synth.

To make it clear, for Vocalsynth to allow both modulator and carrier input it would require 2 inputs, not just the 1 "sidechain" input. I know not everyone is conversant on which one is the modulator and which one is the carrier.

You do have 2 inputs - 1 sidechain input (carrier) + main input (modulator). Using your own carrier is supported even in the first VocalSynth.
VocalSynth manual wrote:Side-chain mode bypasses the internal synthesizers, routing an external audio signal,
perhaps your favorite guitar or synthesizer, into VocalSynth. Audio routed in via this
method will then be modulated by your voice, allowing you to make any audio “talk”.
Routing in non-traditional audio sources can create some wonderful experimental
sounds.

Okay, gotcha. Thanks for the correction!

well, i thought about upgrading. but since izotope's store wont recognise my password even if Im logged into my account, and even after a password reset from the store login page, well f**k that. :sigh:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Effects”