Is Crusher-X worth getting?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lovely and Inspiring.

If Crusher X 6 for Windows demo works in my Cubase 9.1, I am absolutely interested.

Demo 5 has some serious problems and crashes Cubase, freezing my entire PC, forcing me to restart the entire system.
(I won't enter into details here as I do not want to hijack the thread, but please, as beta testers, do ask the dev to give a sign of life on his forum here at least every forthnight or once a month. I got convinced Crusher X was an extinct species...)
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Processing a simple euphonium sequence with crusherX version 7 with a custom preset which makes use of the new formant filter introduced in v7, tweaking all sorts of parameters on the fly. After 5 minutes into the video, crusherX starts talking to us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtxXwElhIoA

Anything yet as to whether or not the new version is compatible with Cubase?

wagtunes wrote:Anything yet as to whether or not the new version is compatible with Cubase?
Running the latest Crusher-X in Cubase Pro 9 here, everything is smooth and rock solid.

enCiphered wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Anything yet as to whether or not the new version is compatible with Cubase?
Running the latest Crusher-X in Cubase Pro 9 here, everything is smooth and rock solid.
It is still an FX insert thought, correct?

wagtunes wrote:
enCiphered wrote:
It is still an FX insert thought, correct?
Yes, correct!

But is controllable via Midi and can be played like a synth, but we had all of that before.

Processing a lead synth sound (Alchemy 2) with a custom preset in crusherX 7 which makes use of the formant filter introduced in v7. Video starts dry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOEKnFieb4M

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:24 pm Anything yet as to whether or not the new version is compatible with Cubase?
Version 7.5 runs smooth and rock solid on Win7 / Cubase 8 Artist/ 64bit.

But you have to manually copy the dll into your VST-folder (not VST3). Cubase recognices the Program within the efx-section without scanning. But you should (after copying) first shut Cubase down and reload again. Then everything works as it should. If you try to open it immedeately after copying the dll, Cubase might freeze.

Crusher-X is simply great. Played the whole evening with it and I can´t say its too harsh sounding. It depends much on chosen amplitude / chosen grain-windows and many more parameters. It can sound really brutal if you want it to; a great advantage to have that option in your pocket too. I love this tool.

Could have a sizable GUI and the option to modulate LFOs via other LFOs but all in all the modulation options are immense. I guess I only travelled the peak of the iceberg yesterday. Now I am working myself through the manual.

Joyful modulating

Return to “Instruments”